Light Bar or no Light Bar

rapidredroush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Roush Rapid Red Mustang GT
So quick question, thinking about ordering a Light bar for the Roush, want to get your opinions on:
A. Should I do it or no?
B. If I do it go with CDC or Roush (I am leaning towards CDC for price but with it being a Roush should I spend the money to keep it all Roush)

the roush 12.jpg

the roush 13.jpg

the roush 14.jpg
Sponsored

NotQuiteAverageJoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
If what I was looking at is true I don't think the roush bar has a brake light its just styling. If you found a light bar from Roush for our model link it please.

For me if both were light bars then if its under $100 or so difference and they both had the brake light then I would keep it Roush. If there was a big difference in price I would go with the CDC as long as it has good ratings which the one's I looked at did (like 4.8 or something)

OP
OP
rapidredroush

rapidredroush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
If what I was looking at is true I don't think the roush bar has a brake light its just styling. If you found a light bar from Roush for our model link it please.

For me if both were light bars then if its under $100 or so difference and they both had the brake light then I would keep it Roush. If there was a big difference in price I would go with the CDC as long as it has good ratings which the one's I looked at did (like 4.8 or something)
So yeah Roush does make one for our model, https://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-convertible-style-bar-charcoal-1517.html but the Roush does not come with a light. The CDC is offered with or without the light https://www.americanmuscle.com/2015-mustang-stylingbars-wind-deflectors.html. Everyone seems to gravitate towards the CDC and I believe it is strictly price driven but just not sure if the extra $100 is worth it just to have Roush on the bar.

Sigster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Definitely do the lightbar if you have a convertible. I just installed the CDC without the third light. Fit and finish are excellent. Looks like it could have been OEM. Why no third light? First, we already have 3 stop lights and this would have made 4. Superfluous. Second, the install was so easy and simple. I read that the versions with light are way harder to install. Last but not least, the bar frames the most important accessory a Vert owner can buy, the Love the Drive windblocker. They look great together. More importantly, the improvement in comfort and reduced wind noise is amazing.

Sponsored

15GTPPinCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6M
So quick question, thinking about ordering a Light bar for the Roush, want to get your opinions on:
A. Should I do it or no?
B. If I do it go with CDC or Roush (I am leaning towards CDC for price but with it being a Roush should I spend the money to keep it all Roush?
I think that it looks great as-is, although if it comes with the wind screen, then I understand. I would personally keep it all Roush if it's a serialed car.

Edit to add: Do the 'verts need that rear external antenna because it's not built into the rear glass like on a S550 FastBack?

OP
OP
rapidredroush

rapidredroush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I think that it looks great as-is, although if it comes with the wind screen, then I understand. I would personally keep it all Roush if it's a serialed car.

Edit to add: Do the 'verts need that rear external antenna because it's not built into the rear glass like on a S550 FastBack?
I don't think they come with a wind screen I think he did some addtional mods on that one. It is a serialed car and that is kind of why I am leaning towards the Roush Bar.

Yes sir the external antenna is needed as it's not in the back glass of the top.

15GTPPinCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6M
Yes sir the external antenna is needed as it's not in the back glass of the top.
I think I would remove the antenna at the same time as adding the light bar. I'm more of a spotify kind of guy. I have an extra class amateur radio license, just not the place for it in my Mustang.

OP
OP
rapidredroush

rapidredroush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I think I would remove the antenna at the same time as adding the light bar. I'm more of a spotify kind of guy. I have an extra class amateur radio license, just not the place for it in my Mustang.
Yeah I have thought about that as well. But have to remove post and everything so it may wait, only 2k on the car at this point.

Sponsored

larf37

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
For the antenna I got one called a “stubby”. Seems to work like stock but I didn’t listen to the radio much. I’ve also read some guys just cut the Oem antenna down a bit and then put the top cap back on.

OP
OP
rapidredroush

rapidredroush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
For the antenna I got one called a “stubby”. Seems to work like stock but I didn’t listen to the radio much. I’ve also read some guys just cut the Oem antenna down a bit and then put the top cap back on.
I may have to check into that, thanks.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I’m not inclined to have one, as I prefer a clean look. So much so that if my car was a spoiler delete car I would have been even happier with it. However, if that is what you like, go for it. I would not be to fussed about having the light, since the Mustang’s rear lights are so bright anyway.

15GTPPinCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6M
I’m not inclined to have one, as I prefer a clean look. So much so that if my car was a spoiler delete car I would have been even happier with it. However, if that is what you like, go for it. I would not be to fussed about having the light, since the Mustang’s rear lights are so bright anyway.
The spoiler delete is one of my favorite features on my S550 fastback for sure.
Sponsored