2015 Mustang light bar

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
I looked at lightbars for my Mustang. They all look pretty much the same. This will be my next major mod. Who has the best price on these. I read the reviews and all said binding the brake wire is hardest part, do they make a plug n play T connector.
I will consider used or open box if all parts are there
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
What's a light bar ?

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
The bar behind my head.

08F5412F-3BD8-461F-A57F-1D43AD8EDA46.jpeg

Sigster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
What's a light bar ?
Looks like a roll bar but is more a styling thing. Frames the windblocker nicely tho.I recommend the version without the extra brake light. A little cheaper and way easier to install.
20210507_160725.jpg

OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
They look great top down

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Also maybe consider the Custom Design Concepts version. Looks like CJ Pony has it right now for $408.

Good advice regarding not to order the 3rd brake light & being a PIA.....

TigerStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I didn’t find tapping into the brake line feed a PITA. The instructions are very good with lots of pictures. Brake light is very bright.

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
Also maybe consider the Custom Design Concepts version. Looks like CJ Pony has it right now for $408.
I put a CDC light bar on my 95 vert. I like having the brake light on the bar. there is a wiring kit, i forget where i got it, though i believe it was Americanmuscle.com, where you can run it so that if the top is up, the light bar brake light does not come on, therefore not lighting up the inside of your car. if the top is down, the light bar light comes on as a brake light, and the 3rd brake light built into the trunk does not activate. then you do not have 4 brake lights lighting up at once.

Yea, i know this is for an SN95, but i would imagine there might be one for the S550s as well.

I didn’t find tapping into the brake line feed a PITA. The instructions are very good with lots of pictures. Brake light is very bright.
same here. could not have been easier. the whole installation process was not bad at all. definitely a measure twice, cut once deal though. hell, measure 10 times, cut once.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Light bar stays on once mounted, top goes over it, then maybe not a PIA?

Just goofy looking wouldn't have it if I ran one, that's all. But then again I drive a coupe, so it does not matter.

Just passing along a resource to the OP.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I have the CDC bar on my 17 vert, paid around 440 IIRC. Back at the time I bought it, in 17, the lighted version was the only one available, so I never hooked up the wiring. Fast forward 4 years and now the bar needs replaced or removed. In the plastic covering on the bar itself, there is a groove cut into it underneath to gain access to the light itself, well there is a strip of rubber weather-stripping that fills in that groove and over time it shrinks and does not fit anymore and looks unsightly. I want to see a non lighted version, to make sure it doesn't have that same groove and weather stripping before I plunk down another 4 bills for a new one.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Looks like a roll bar but is more a styling thing. Frames the windblocker nicely tho.I recommend the version without the extra brake light. A little cheaper and way easier to install.
20210507_160725.jpg
Can you look under the bar where the windscreen is and check to see if the groove is cut into it and filled with weather stripping like the lighted version. The weather strip is shrinking on mine and needs replaced. I never wanted the lighted version but back in 17 it was the only one available.

Sigster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Can you look under the bar where the windscreen is and check to see if the groove is cut into it and filled with weather stripping like the lighted version. The weather strip is shrinking on mine and needs replaced. I never wanted the lighted version but back in 17 it was the only one available.
Yes sir, it is there. Honestly have never noticed before. I have to believe that CDC customer support would send you a new strip if you call them. On a related note, consider adding a wind blocker if you haven't already. My top was previously down only when the weather was perfect. Now it's down often. Love the Drive or similar brand blockers. Only took me 2 years of car ownership before I figured that out....
20211102_091246.jpg
20211102_090622.jpg
Sponsored