Light Bar or no Light Bar

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
I love the look without it. But I REALLY love the look more with it. As far as which one. Get whichever is the better deal. It is not going to hurt the value not going with Roush.

96602785-6647-4945-8F44-BA649987D457.jpeg

7CA2D66F-F775-4AC5-B70F-85BBFBADDD53.jpeg

FBD85184-1E69-4552-9EC7-949B327C1AD2.jpeg
Sponsored

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
The brake light in the car needs a switch for nighttime driving. With the top up it’s pretty bright inside the car.
Mine came with a monetary switch that bolts to right side of the top gear drive so turns it off when top is up.

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
HELP!!

I installed my light bar kit today, phew... Question: my biggest issue was finding the yellow w/silver stripe wire. Well I found one yellow wire that looks like the correct one. It keeps the light off continuously with the top down and then turns on when I apply the brakes. It shuts off completely when I put the top up, until I use the brakes. Is this the correct way of connecting this power wire?

btw, these freakin' yellow wires all look the same (well, almost).

TigerStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
it should work like this: Light completely off with the top up whether the brakes are pushed or not. It stays off. When the top is down (open). the plunger should make the electrical connection so the brake lights comes on only when the brakes are applied. It should remain off when the top is down at all times except when braking.

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Well decided to go a different route instead of the light bar. I love how it turned out.

123_1(2).jpeg

123_1(4).jpeg

123_1(6).jpeg

20211210_133838.jpg
I’m assuming that when you put the top up, it lifts up until the top clears and then drops back in when the top is halfway? All electric I’d imagine.

I bet wind buffeting is better, like the windscreens maybe better even as is this solid.

IndyCarFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Metallic Mustang GT Premium Convertble
HELP!!

I installed my light bar kit today, phew... Question: my biggest issue was finding the yellow w/silver stripe wire. Well I found one yellow wire that looks like the correct one. It keeps the light off continuously with the top down and then turns on when I apply the brakes. It shuts off completely when I put the top up, until I use the brakes. Is this the correct way of connecting this power wire?

btw, these freakin' yellow wires all look the same (well, almost).
That should be the correct way it operates.
I just installed the CDC light bar and I guess I picked the incorrect yellow wire with a silver stripe because the light on the bar doesn't work at all. It looks like there are two yellow/silver wires. Guess I'll go tap into the other one and see if that works.

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That should be the correct way it operates.
I just installed the CDC light bar and I guess I picked the incorrect yellow wire with a silver stripe because the light on the bar doesn't work at all. It looks like there are two yellow/silver wires. Guess I'll go tap into the other one and see if that works.
Finding the yellow/silver wire took me forever. The first one I found put the light on all the time (except for when the top is up) but then it took me another effort to find the correct one. Once that was accomplished, I put the seat bottom back in and was satisfied that I bought the light bar. Later, I installed the MP Concepts LED Diffuser Marker Lights that I also bought from American Muscle. It was a rewarding type of day.

OP
OP
rapidredroush

rapidredroush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Roush Rapid Red Mustang GT
I’m assuming that when you put the top up, it lifts up until the top clears and then drops back in when the top is halfway? All electric I’d imagine.

I bet wind buffeting is better, like the windscreens maybe better even as is this solid.
I wish it was electric. :frown: It is just attached via wingbolts to the car but the two outer pieces are able to be removed and can be stored in the trunk, the middle sections can stay and the top will go up over them. The wind is better for sure!!

IM Stoner II

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1 Convertible Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
The wire was the hardest part of the install...just love the look..
20210515_151703.jpg

Sponsored

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Finally took a photo of mine....now all I need it the wind deflector. Anyone got a good source for the wind deflector???

lightbar (2).jpg

kaibab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big D
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt convertible California special
I added a no light bar after complaints about being way to much red light on back seat area at night. Love the bar as is. Sets the contour of car from side viewing in my opinion.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Love the bar. If I was to buy a convertible, I would definitely have the bar. And never drive with the top up.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
I believe Love The Drive sells two versions. One is a short version for the bar.
Sponsored