2015 Mustang light bar

Rippermac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP A10
I have the CDC bar on my 17 vert, paid around 440 IIRC. Back at the time I bought it, in 17, the lighted version was the only one available, so I never hooked up the wiring. Fast forward 4 years and now the bar needs replaced or removed. In the plastic covering on the bar itself, there is a groove cut into it underneath to gain access to the light itself, well there is a strip of rubber weather-stripping that fills in that groove and over time it shrinks and does not fit anymore and looks unsightly. I want to see a non lighted version, to make sure it doesn't have that same groove and weather stripping before I plunk down another 4 bills for a new one.
Actually the wiring ran through the tube itself. The fix for the weather stripping was to remove it and insert a thin piece of cardboard (file folder thickness) shaped in a 'V'. Pop the weather stripping back in and viola. Did mine back in 2018 and it's been fine since...I think I actually saw that on CDC website or somewhere similar. Additionally light does not activate with the top up as long as the switch is installed which was relatively simple since you have to remove trim panels for install anyway. Some like the look some don't..I like it and many have asked and admired the look locally. YMMV.
Sponsored

KnightStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT convertible
I recently installed a CDC bar.
Basically watched this video on YT prior to getting it delivered.

The only difference with mine (non-light)is, I skipped the wiring part.
(plus the 2021 has 2 transponders that had to be relocated, it was pita)

Last time I checked…
Both CJpony and American Muscle has it in stock. (first time customers of CJ and AM gets a discount code and CJpony also offers online coupon codes)

4E99174A-8FFE-4020-B59B-4CF7E614916A.jpeg

4190F9E2-C8B5-46FD-B0DC-EFBE87B09A1F.jpeg

B2DBEC97-EEEF-4917-90AA-E643FC5032B9.jpeg

Last edited:

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Some like the look some don't..I like it and many have asked and admired the look locally. YMMV
Yeah, I'm not fan. LOL, I even wasn't happy that my car came with the little lip spoiler on the trunk lid. But you'll never hear (or read) me crapping on anyone's styling choices.

OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
Who has the best price for the styling bar in black?
Sponsored