FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
it was an EF4. saw it from my house. had my gf downstairs in the basement, while I was stuffing vehicles into the garage. lol she was yelling at me calling me stupid and stuff. nope nope nope. but seriously got lucky. im talking 1-2 blocks- complete devastation from me. every tree ripped out, entire apartment complexes taken down. was crazy.

its coming up 1.5 years now. there's a little video on middle of this page.-- problem though. is most of the homes didn't have insurance, so... a lot of homes was basically just abandoned.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/new...rotwood-after-tornado/CnEarOUBkAcrmwIUIo0R0O/

https://dayton247now.com/news/miami...after-tornadoes-trotwood-continues-to-rebuild

https://www.daytondailynews.com/new...e-weeks-after-tornado/7C8nraLox6gBWbkEJPtS4L/

1616021219893.png

1616021260903.png

1616021421240.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! Iā€™m complaining about snow coming Thursday!
Really trivial compared to what you went through! Very happy to hear you survived with minimal damage! After reading that, Iā€™ll stop whining about snow! (Snow still sucks) šŸ¤Ŗ

Whens the last time the coupe was out?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I have the Race Deck flooring in mine also. I did change out the lightening but still need to add the led lighting. Can't really see yours in your pic and I haven't figured out exactly which LED strips I want to get yet. I tend to do things in the garage at night and can definitely use the extra lighting.

I only did this after I joined garage journal and saw what people could do, and im impulsive, I actually sold a motorcycle to pay for the $$$ to hurry do the project. after sold one, I really liked having more space, and sold my scooters and motorcycles, kept 2. one cruiser sportster, and one sport bike, gsxs1000.

I didn't feel like paying 5-6k for a new garage floor repouring of concrete. so tossed race deck over it. I even insulated the house with over 20 inches of cellulose, that keeps the garage moderate temperature.

Imo, the biggest best thing I did was LED lighting, tossed 5 of those LED strips 4 in main area, and 1 in back. its amazing what LED' lighting can do. I recommend it to everyone. Two are blocked when garage door is up, but when you close it. its pure light, everywhere. Can see everything anywhere. No more missing bolts and nuts.

Racedeck, and the edition I got is called "tuff shield" a little more per square foot, but worth it. I just use a ryobi leaf blower every few months and blow the leaves/dust out, and I mop it like twice a year. takes 10 minutes, always looks clean.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
That's Massachusetts in November, LMAO you're pulling my leg yes?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Race Deck flooring in mine also. I did change out the lightening but still need to add the led lighting. Can't really see yours in your pic and I haven't figured out exactly which LED strips I want to get yet. I tend to do things in the garage at night and can definitely use the extra lighting.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Utilitech-2L4F-LED-STRIPLIGHT/1002624044

99% positive these are what I have, one of them (the back corner one) is like 6-7 years old now. I brought it from my old outside garage, it was not a nice garage like my new one. it was there 2 years, and when I bought this house 5 years ago I tossed it in the corner and bought 4 more for the garage. I hard wired them all together.

they turn on instant, and off instant, no fading nothing.

40 watts each. 5 years on 4 of them and 6-7 years on the corner, and never a single issue. no noise, no anything.

but. id go with these if I was buying a new one, because im not entirely sure if thats the same one I have, it only has 2 reviews from 2020 ,the ones I bought was in stock at Lowes and those ones I linked above are not, either they got replaced or simply a new model.

I would go for these if I was buying today, real good reviews. good price. they are newer, 35 watts and brighter than even mine. but I bet mine last forever.

the new ones are 35 watts 4500 lumens, mine are 40 watts 3600 lumens. heck yeah id go with these. mine are already bright, these would be excellent for anyone wanting lighting.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Lithonia-L...t-Actual-48-in-x-2-62-in-x-2-16-in/1000704806

Last edited:

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Took pics last night. Currently in "gym mode" but at a moments notice can be in "wood shop mode" or "Amateur Rookie Wannabe Mechanic Mode".

Garage.jpg

Garage2.jpg

Garage3.jpg

Garage4.jpg

Garage5.jpg

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

99% positive these are what I have, one of them (the back corner one) is like 6-7 years old now. I brought it from my old outside garage, it was not a nice garage like my new one. it was there 2 years, and when I bought this house 5 years ago I tossed it in the corner and bought 4 more for the garage. I hard wired them all together.

40 watts each. 5 years on 4 of them and 6-7 years on the corner, and never a single issue. no noise, no anything.

but. id go with these if I was buying a new one, because im not entirely sure if thats the same one I have, it only has 2 reviews from 2020 ,the ones I bought was in stock at Lowes and those ones I linked above are not, either they got replaced or simply a new model.

I would go for these if I was buying today, real good reviews. good price. they are newer, 35 watts and brighter than even mine. but I bet mine last forever.

the new ones are 35 watts 4500 lumens, mine are 40 watts 3600 lumens. heck yeah id go with these. mine are already bright, these would be excellent for anyone wanting lighting.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Lithonia-L...t-Actual-48-in-x-2-62-in-x-2-16-in/1000704806
Totally getting some lights with this Stimmy lol

Sponsored

Dai Uy Ted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2020 Maserati Levante S Ribelle

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Thanks. I am thinking of getting the for those times I like to do stuff in the garage at night. I may still have to get the floor lamps for when I'm working on the inside of the car. It seems I'm always installing this or that gadget in one of the cars.

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
That's Massachusetts in November, LMAO you're pulling my leg yes?
The picture was at a car show in September. Didnā€™t try to make you think that was in November! The car was rolled in the back of the garage in November. When the good weather is here I alternate between my three cars. Drive the 33 coupe, then the Roush and then the Shelby and keep the rotation going. All three cars get driven. Cleaned before and after every ride!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I looked around and could not find a thread where people show their garages. I just got done converting my garage door to a high lift so that I can install a 4-post lift. Now I am in the process of picking the lift I want to buy. I am leaning toward the Bendpak HD-9. The garage door used to open and come back horizontally at about 8 feet. Now it goes up and then comes back at about 12 feet, so that the door can be opened with a car on the lift. Here's a couple crappy Nest pictures of my garage. I will be doing an epoxy coating on the floor before installing the lift.

So let's see those garages.

bfore.jpg

after.jpg
Yes, the Search function is not working (I posted about this in the Site issues sub forum and @Jarstang has been working the issue)- thereā€™s quite a few threads on here with garage discussions and cool pics.

Hereā€™s this thread that is a lot of ideas and pics of M6G members showing off their garage flooring:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/garage-floor-surfaces.43902/
Sponsored