Sponsored

Garage Floor Surfaces

Teddy Dal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Explorer Sp, 2016 GT350R (DIB, black roof)
Hi guys. Let's talk about garage coatings/flooring. I will be looking to do something in the spring and want opinions with your experiences. I have heard that epoxy can be durable and look great, but can be prone to chipping. I was thinking about a rubberized coating, or would consider just polishing the concrete. i have heated concrete in my garage if that makes any difference. Thanks for the suggestions!:cheers:
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Great subject. I'm in the planning stages of a garage remodel and have been looking for some ideas.

GRTWHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350
I have looked into the RaceDeck flooring for a two car standard garage. These are 12"x12"x1/2" interlocking modules, that can have different colors and designs. For my garage, the cost was $1800, and I do the labor. The cost of doing the floor in epoxy by a firm that specializes in this type of labor was $1200. Because of the ease in cleaning an epoxy floor, I am more inclined to go in this direction; unless someone has some bad stories about these types of floors.

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
After all the research I did I decided to skip doing anything in this house since we'll only be here a couple more years. My next garage I'm going with porcelain tile, seems to be the best option to me.

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
Did mine this week. Getting it ready for my new car. Pain in the ass to do. I'm in it for $300 commercial grade. Looks great but not perfect. Gotta clean the surface super clean. I would rate mine 8-10. Lots of YouTube videos I watched before I did mine.
IMG_20160204_200538.jpg

Sponsored

notstok5.0

IG: notstok5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT
Vehicle Showcase
^ Great job!

I work in buildings with 'clean' areas and they have this epoxy coating on the floors, it holds up really well. The guys who touch up the floors will actually paint up and over vinyl baseboard around the walls if you want to make sure nothing gets trapped in the corners and edges. This is what I was thinking of doing so I could wash salt and dirt that gets tracked into the garage.

Beetlespin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Guard Metallic MT
RaceDeck.

Take it with you when you leave.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
That looks nice but how is when it's wet or has oil on it? Looks like it would be a pretty slick surface.

I want to coat my garage floor as well but not sure which method I want yet.

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
So far water floats on top. I would guess same with oil. 3 days of prep before rolling it. I should have waited until it was a little warmer. I still had some Moisture spots that came up if it wasn't for that I'd rate it 10 for 10
cda2b022-7889-4e3e-9f59-77dede22cf72_400.jpg

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Did mine this week. Getting it ready for my new car. Pain in the ass to do. I'm in it for $300 commercial grade. Looks great but not perfect. Gotta clean the surface super clean. I would rate mine 8-10. Lots of YouTube videos I watched before I did mine.
Holy shit, that's terrific, come do mine :D

I can supply beer, and waves/wetsuit/boards ....

Sponsored

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
Holy shit, that's terrific, come do mine :D

I can supply beer, and waves/wetsuit/boards ....
LOL now I know why companies charge $1,000+ labor labor labor. 12 hours of cleaning and prep. 3 hours of rolling. If I could do it over again I would have bought the cheap 100 version as a base coat and rolled this over it. Would have been perfect!

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I have heard that the epoxy coatings have issues with melting away from hot tires, and not holding up well against some of the harsh chemicals used in a shop environment..they're mostly just for 'show' garages. Anyone have any experience with that?

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I have heard that the epoxy coatings have issues with melting away from hot tires, and not holding up well against some of the harsh chemicals used in a shop environment..they're mostly just for 'show' garages. Anyone have any experience with that?
Thats pretty much my experience with them. We had the floors epoxied in our fire hall bays and they peeled up right where the tires would rest after we came back from a call. RaceDeck for me when I build my shop.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
I was just quoted $1400 for RaceDeck in my 2 car garage. Talk about sticker shock

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Here's mine, my wife and I designed it and installed it - it's Race Deck "coin" tiles:

The Cobra side of garage:
image.jpg

The Cobra at rest:
image.jpg

My EB sits on the other side of the Cobra.
image.jpg

I don't have any better pics at moment of entire floor - bad weather up this way this time of year. We did black outer tiles for border, then a darker gray border, then black again and then "checker boarded" it by making large checks for final center section.

It was easy to install - the only time consuming part was cutting tiles on one side for proper fitment (and NO house or garage ever has perfectly squared off walls or floors...).

The tiles clean up with ease too - I've spilled fluids on them when doing 2 brake jobs on our other vehicles - sprayed brake cleaner on them - etc - no staining, just use Simple Green and an old mop to clean up (or use Shop Vac). Currently my snow blower is parked on them and it leaves a rusty mark from the blade area - that wiped right up off the tiles too!
Sponsored

Last edited: