Sponsored

LED Front Side Markers Bulb Out

Rock50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Replaced the front side marker bulbs with LEDs. Everything good except the turn signal flashing rate changed in the cluster. This is the bulb out warning. Today, got around to disabling it via Forscan. Other threads say to change 726-07-01, but the value to be changed was already set to 0 on my 21 M1. Went through the as built options and found Front Bulb Turn Outage. Setting this to disabled was the ticket. This basically changes 726-40-02, second position (x?xx xxxx xxxx) from 1 to 0. Now the blink rate in the cluster is normal, like it was before. Hope this helps someone else.
Sponsored

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
Replaced the front side marker bulbs with LEDs. Everything good except the turn signal flashing rate changed in the cluster. This is the bulb out warning. Today, got around to disabling it via Forscan. Other threads say to change 726-07-01, but the value to be changed was already set to 0 on my 21 M1. Went through the as built options and found Front Bulb Turn Outage. Setting this to disabled was the ticket. This basically changes 726-40-02, second position (x?xx xxxx xxxx) from 1 to 0. Now the blink rate in the cluster is normal, like it was before. Hope this helps someone else.
So does that mean if the bulb burns out the system will no longer rapidly flash to alert you?

OP
OP
Rock50

Rock50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Right, won't know if it burned out or not without a visual inspection. But I'll take that. Otherwise, would have to add resistors.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I bought the resistors along with the turn signals so I don't have to go in and change anything. They're pretty cheap. Good to know there are other options.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I bought the resistors along with the turn signals so I don't have to go in and change anything. They're pretty cheap. Good to know there are other options.
Do you know if the resistors plug in? The last time I had to use them was on a Chevy truck maybe 15 years ago. I had to cut the factory harness and splice them in. I really didn’t like doing that lol. Much prefer plug and play!

Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Does the bulb also flash at a normal rate and no hyper flashing as well?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Do you know if the resistors plug in? The last time I had to use them was on a Chevy truck maybe 15 years ago. I had to cut the factory harness and splice them in. I really didn’t like doing that lol. Much prefer plug and play!
Yeah, not plug and play but still easy.
PXL_20220419_150542817.jpg

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Does the bulb also flash at a normal rate and no hyper flashing as well?
The only thing that flashes wrong is inside on the dashboard. It sounds like a horse galloping. The turn signals themselves function normally. Resistors or disabling the bulb out code in Forscan will fix the dashboard blink rate.

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's
Yeah, not plug and play but still easy.
PXL_20220419_150542817.jpg

I wouldnt want to use that type of splice connector in my vehicle though...they seem to sever/damage the wiring inside of the insulation.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I wouldnt want to use that type of splice connector in my vehicle though...they seem to sever/damage the wiring inside of the insulation.
I believe you just splice into the turn signal wires off the aftermarket ones so even if you want to go back to stock, you aren't ruining anything. I've used these in the past with these quick splice options and they work fine. The connection is enclosed tightly and you don't have to worry about debris or water or anything shorting it. The good thing is there are multiple options you can do to make this work.

Sponsored

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's
I believe you just splice into the turn signal wires off the aftermarket ones so even if you want to go back to stock, you aren't ruining anything. I've used these in the past with these quick splice options and they work fine. The connection is enclosed tightly and you don't have to worry about debris or water or anything shorting it. The good thing is there are multiple options you can do to make this work.
I agree these are easy and quick, but they are not water proof / resistant. Unfortunately, I have seen these cut the wire almost in half when using.

Found this out the hard way when we moved from the States to England for three years. A local shop used these to splice into the existing headlight wiring to conform to the British lighting rules, and when I looked at the connections 3 years later to return it to a stock configuration, found the wires were partially severed.

I prefer to cut/crimp or use OE style connections, but that probably me being overkill.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I agree these are easy and quick, but they are not water proof / resistant. Unfortunately, I have seen these cut the wire almost in half when using.

Found this out the hard way when we moved from the States to England for three years. A local shop used these to splice into the existing headlight wiring to conform to the British lighting rules, and when I looked at the connections 3 years later to return it to a stock configuration, found the wires were partially severed.

I prefer to cut/crimp or use OE style connections, but that probably me being overkill.
Nah, that's pretty fair. Mine is a garage/fair weather queen so it won't see any sort of nasty weather.
Sponsored