Sponsored

Leak!! Area behind passenger flooded with water

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thank you, but the holes look a lot smaller than that type of plug IMO. Look under your brake/clutch pedals and look for the yellowish rubbery pads to activate the switches; I think something like that is what we need (probably with some silicone behind as well).

I'll wait until somebody actually finds a plug that works, and just slap some silicone in there if necessary, in the mean time.

ximportdriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP Lightning Blue
There are no “part numbers” for the asinine stickers that Ford is using during the assembly process. What’s even funnier is folks in the GT350 forum are posting images of same painted over stickers being used over poor assembly spot welds on the underside of their hoods...

If one were to look at that door location on their own car, the sticker is applied BEFORE the car goes through the paint process (obvious by the above pics of the blue car posted). The sticker is most likely a CLEAR GENERIC sticker being used, placed over the holes and then gets painted during the body spray process.

You won’t be able to find, buy or get painted stickers from a Ford Dealer Parts Dept to replace any that have fallen off.

Do as others have said - go to a hardware or automotive store, look for round black rubber plugs and place the plug into the hole. THAT is the absolute BEST fix, as the plug will stop any water, road debris or moisture from coming into the interior and if the proper size, the plug won‘t fall out.

If you must ”sticker it” - do yourself a favor and just get Gorilla Duct Tape, cut a slice and place it over the hole. That’s the only tape that will work, won’t fall of and will keep the hole sealed.
To further corroborate the claim that there are no part numbers, I just came back from the Ford dealership after speaking with one of the technicians, and he confirmed they do not have a part to fix it. They wanted to charge me minimum 2 hours labor to take the doors off and then cover it with duct tape and silicone. It officially is a jerry rigged solution. Might as well as do it myself then.

So disappointing.

What size holes are they? Are they the same size for all 3 on each side? I don't have a ruler to be able to measure, and trying to use AR doesn't provide consistent results due to glare.

I saw previously that someone reported a 3/8" hole but AR was saying 1/2", so I was hoping if someone already knew then that would be helpful.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Are the original decals (before being painted) the same material as the ones that are (also poorly applied) under the trunk lid ?

8593695-C-4805-4-E91-9-C64-D55277-D69-D48.jpg

WD :like:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Are the original decals (before being painted) the same material as the ones that are (also poorly applied) under the trunk lid ?

8593695-C-4805-4-E91-9-C64-D55277-D69-D48.jpg

YES. Same decals. Holes under decals vary based on body panels....

and who knows how many more of those stickers exist elsewhere that could allow water intrusion.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
In that case they are a PPF / helicopter tape kind of material.

They are tough and adhere well - ‘if’ they are applied properly in the first place ...

One of those decals applied well would provide a great seal, probably better than an after market, potentially poor fitting grommet.

Just throwing ideas around but I reckon heavy duty vinyl or black PPF cut in the perfect sizes would make a suitable alternative / replacement.

I renewed the ones in my picture above - they still look OE but at least they look like they have been fitted with some care and attention now ...

05-E9355-A-6-DC2-4-C04-B920-7572-AB70355-E.jpg

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I think for those holes we need something like the clutch/brake rubber pads that activate the switches. I replaced the stock ones with Toyota black ones, since they crack over time, as a precautionary measure. So have the 3 OEM ones (yellowish), plus an extra black one. Well, have another extra black, but put it where the cruise switch used to be, to have as a spare inside the car.

Not sure if those pads would work, because the hole would have to be of the right size, but it looks small, so it'd have to be something similar. Hopefully somebody can measure the holes, to know what kind of plug we need. I'd use silicon too, as an extra precaution.

Bullitt clutch pads.JPG

Last edited:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Pretty much anything would be better than the Mickey Mouse stickers that fall off by themselves that Ford uses.

ximportdriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP Lightning Blue
Ford is using them on other cars. I just found them in the trunk of a Lincoln. These ones are clear and feel like thin plastic like a sandwich baggie pulled tight.

Sponsored

WT100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Virt
Do you drive a convertible? I had the same issue, but luckily my dad is a car mechanic. We did sent it to a ford dealership for diagnose, and we were asked $600 more for simply cleaning the drain hole. We showed up and memorized what they took out while telling them we want to see the problem in person. Drove home and cleaned the little hole with a vacuum cleaner. Haven't had any water for 3 months. I am thinking about getting an attorney as well. Their brake pad is defect, and might kill someone for sure. I was lucky that I got out of the shithole with $200.
Do you have a picture of what hole you are talking about? I pulled the side skirts and the holes under it are not what the water is draining from. Any help greatly appreciated...

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey gang, has anybody found a suitable replacement for those stickers, so you can post a link with exactly what is needed, to just order it? The top sticker on my Bullitt is probably like 1mm or 2 from allowing water in, so need to fix it. I have PPF from an old car somewhere in the garage, but I don't think it'd make a good bond, since it requires water to activate, and you have to squeegee it, right? Those damn holes are almost impossible to reach without removing the door (which I won't do). I might be able to somehow remove the sticker by pulling it with needle-nose pliers, but not sure I'd be able to. And put something else from the inside, with my wife looking thru the door-fender gap guiding me where to put it. Thank you.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t help with most of those questions, but PPF will stick well with no water and no squeegee. The water just helps it to be moved around / positioned / lifted / repositioned before it sticks and displaces air that would otherwise cause bubbles, the squeegee then removes the water allowing the PPF to start sticking :like:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Good info; thanks. So would you try to silicon on top of where the sticker is bent, or try to remove it, and put a round PPF of the same size there instead? Thx.
Sponsored