Leaf Blower car drying technique

saleen405

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
I tried out Ammo. Works well, but I'll be trying a blower next.

Great feedback - too rich for my blood though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Sponsored

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. (PP) Magnetic
I use an electric leaf blower --brand new. There is nothing wrong with it, the argument that you're blowing dirt and dust all over your car is no worse than the moments later where you take it out on the road and highway where you are travelling at speeds as much as 10x greater than the average leaf blower, where road grime, dirt, and contaminants are hitting your car constantly. I don't see how it's any worse than that.

It gets the car cleaner faster and better than actually making contact with the vehicle using a microfiber that may or may not be as clean as it looks on the surface. The tools you use don't matter as much as how you use them. The best way to avoid scratches is to not touch it at all. If you're that concerned about the low speed dust and dirt particles hitting your car from an electric leafblower, you don't wax your car as you should or you're just anal retentive about your car to the point that you might as well not have the damn thing for fear of it actually being used. Buy it and keep it in your garage if that's the case.

mitchswy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Oxford White
How long does it take to dry your car using the leaf blower versus using a microfiber/chamois?

OP
OP
16P51-GT

16P51-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Ali
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
How long does it take to dry your car using the leaf blower versus using a microfiber/chamois?
That's a good question. I'll be posting a video later today that will help answer that. Until then, others can weigh in. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
that porsche is so sexy

OP
OP
16P51-GT

16P51-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Ali
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
In an effort to end the debate over the best drying technique, I went to the carwash and paid people to try using a leaf blower to dry their car. Enjoy, and subscribe to my channel if you haven't. Thanks!

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]-IgJIuYlQ9I[/MEDIA]"]

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
As to water drops left over . . . what do you guys do after driving when it rains? Or do you not drive then and never have it parked outdoors?
For me water spotting problems occur from chemically treated tap water. Having "hard water" on top of this makes water spots worse when left to dry on your car. In my area we don't have a big problem with "acid rain" so water spotting after a rain isn't an issue.

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
In an effort to end the debate over the best drying technique, I went to the carwash and paid people to try using a leaf blower to dry their car. Enjoy, and subscribe to my channel if you haven't. Thanks!

Excellent video man! The thing to note with leaf blowers is, you really have to have some type of hydrophobic wax, sealant, coating etc. to really get the benefits of drying the whole car off. If your car has no wax what-so-ever on it, then you'll be there for days trying to blow dry it lol. If you put something like CQuartz on your car, then re did the video you'd see that you would fall in love with the leaf blower even more.

Keep the videos coming! :cheers:

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
So why would you want to throw even that at your car's paint, no matter how small the particles or how many? Never mind that an up-wind neighbor might be using his lawn mower or some other dust-raising device.

It just isn't making any sense to obsess over the odd water droplet on the one hand, and have no concern whatsoever for what the leaf blower might be doing on the other.

I'm prepared to run (at up to or a bit beyond 100 mph) into the dust storm caused by another track day participant running off the pavement. That's incidental, just like running into dust blown off a plowed field by a gust of wind. As opposed to intentional and avoidable.

Norm
Your argument is completely baseless....we drive ours cars daily in wind, dust, dirt etc. yet we clean our cars and get spotless finishes. Driving into dust storms caused by other drivers on a track is MUCH worse to a paint job than using a blower sucking in air that we are breathing. The fact that you don't see that shows how much weight your argument on this holds.

Sponsored

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350

Nice video man! Haha. I thought you were going to point out someone not using their turn signal or something. I was just waiting for it, lol.

Can't wait to see what the next video is all about.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I use an electric leaf blower --brand new. There is nothing wrong with it, the argument that you're blowing dirt and dust all over your car is no worse than the moments later where you take it out on the road and highway where you are travelling at speeds as much as 10x greater than the average leaf blower ...
I wish my GT would go 10x faster than the leaf blower air stream! ... which is typically over 100 MPH on a normal leaf blower.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
I wish my GT would go 10x faster than the leaf blower air stream! ... which is typically over 100 MPH on a normal leaf blower.
Now that would really call for a serious brake upgrade along with learning how to pack a parachute.:D

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch