corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Why would you blow dust and fine grit. Don't use a dirty leaf blower or do it at a dusty place.
Because you can't guarantee that there won't be any of that stuff unless you're inside a 'clean room' with a leaf blower that's stored in a bag and never used for anything else.

Take a broom to your driveway sometime. Where do you think some of the dirt that your tires do pick up, ends up?

I'm amazed that people who obsess over water seeping out of door jambs and other crevices aren't bothered by this.

Norm

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Because you can't guarantee that there won't be any of that stuff unless you're inside a 'clean room' with a leaf blower that's stored in a bag and never used for anything else.

Take a broom to your driveway sometime. Where do you think some of the dirt that your tires do pick up, ends up?

I'm amazed that people who obsess over water seeping out of door jambs and other crevices aren't bothered by this.

Norm
Yea, but your leaf blower is not blowing that fast air and there is not much dirt and dust in the air by your drive way anyway. If you are scare of doing that you might as well never drive your car on the street because cars in front of you always kick up dust and stuff.
Also there is a huge difference between airborne dust hitting the paint vs a squeegee pressing the sharp dust into the paint and drag it alone.
Leaf blowers are self cleaning. The moment you turn it on, it cleans any loose particles inside.

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard

Norm

I'd worry more about that if the car didn't already have air with dust and dirt in it hitting the car at 70+ MPH every time it's driven.

OP
OP
16P51-GT

16P51-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Ali
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

Sponsored

S550ilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I use a Master Blaster blower...warm FILTERED air then chase with a waffle towel for anything missed.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I use a Master Blaster blower...warm FILTERED air then chase with a waffle towel for anything missed.
What, no happy ending ?? :lol:

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4
I've been using an electric leaf blower for a while now, I think my neighbors probably think I'm retarded but it definitely helps keep the swirls and marring down and eliminates those pesky hidden droplets. My blower isn't connected to my driveway or any bag of sand so I'm not sure where any of these debris talk is coming from that isn't already present in the air anyway. It's not sand blasting the car.

OP
OP
16P51-GT

16P51-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Ali
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I need to try the waffle towels.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I'm not sure where any of these debris talk is coming from that isn't already present in the air anyway. It's not sand blasting the car.
So why would you want to throw even that at your car's paint, no matter how small the particles or how many? Never mind that an up-wind neighbor might be using his lawn mower or some other dust-raising device.

It just isn't making any sense to obsess over the odd water droplet on the one hand, and have no concern whatsoever for what the leaf blower might be doing on the other.

I'm prepared to run (at up to or a bit beyond 100 mph) into the dust storm caused by another track day participant running off the pavement. That's incidental, just like running into dust blown off a plowed field by a gust of wind. As opposed to intentional and avoidable.

Norm

Sponsored

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
You risk scratching/marring the paint every time you touch it with anything, even if it's the $200 Microfiber that's made of Angel hair. Using a blower mitigates any risk of scratching or marring. Unless you live on Tatooine during a sandstorm, or your neighbor has a small concrete production plant in his back yard you are fine lol.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
You risk scratching/marring the paint every time you touch it with anything, even if it's the $200 Microfiber that's made of Angel hair. Using a blower mitigates any risk of scratching or marring. Unless you live on Tatooine during a sandstorm, or your neighbor has a small concrete production plant in his back yard you are fine lol.
Nice. :lol:

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4
So why would you want to throw even that at your car's paint, no matter how small the particles or how many? Never mind that an up-wind neighbor might be using his lawn mower or some other dust-raising device.

It just isn't making any sense to obsess over the odd water droplet on the one hand, and have no concern whatsoever for what the leaf blower might be doing on the other.

I'm prepared to run (at up to or a bit beyond 100 mph) into the dust storm caused by another track day participant running off the pavement. That's incidental, just like running into dust blown off a plowed field by a gust of wind. As opposed to intentional and avoidable.

Norm
Pretty much what Comp is saying below. Anytime anything touches the paint physically, you're making marks. Blown or compressed air is used by body shops and super anal detail people world wide. It isn't a new concept by any means. I think you're just being overly paranoid for no reason. If you're willing to drive through a dust storm at 100mph with no worry there is no reason why this should be of any concern. I promise my paint is in better condition than someone who is hand drying every single wash without any compressed air use.

^This

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
I also use a leaf blower and have never had an issue with blowing anything onto the car.

It's not like you are trying to clean your driveway at the same time as drying the car. I try not to point the blower straight down at the ground. Mine is modified with a vacuum hose and a straight nozzle. A poor mans master blaster :D

I know the fear of using a leaf blower has been around forever, but I have not seen one case of anyone that uses one complain that they scratched their car all up from blowing debris on their car.

But there are many many cases of people that use towels or whatever complaining about scratches and swirl marks.

OP
OP
16P51-GT

16P51-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Ali
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Well, it has arrived. I'll be able to give these products a shot tomorrow. I'll probably try to find a WORX blower tomorrow as well. Perhaps a combination of AMMO and the WORX blower would work out.

Sponsored