Sponsored

saleen405

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
I enjoy humor and give props to those who take the time to educate, inform, entertain... And for that reason alone, I've subscribed to your channel bro!

OP
OP
16P51-GT

16P51-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Ali
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I enjoy humor and give props to those who take the time to educate, inform, entertain... And for that reason alone, I've subscribed to your channel bro!
I salute you, good sir!

OP
OP
16P51-GT

16P51-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Ali
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
the blades are fine as long as you do it immediately...don't wash the car then go do the panel you did 30 minutes ago with it... although I won't use one regardless personally but air blowing is fine as long as you aren't sucking up sand when you do it lol

Sponsored

stealthfrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 raptor, 99 corvette, 2015 PP mustang gt
they are a business, they try to cater to all groups of people... go where the money is.

OP
OP
16P51-GT

16P51-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Ali
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
they are a business, they try to cater to all groups of people... go where the money is.
Exactly, but notice how he said that the unique "T" shape lifts dirt off of the car so that it doesn't drag? It's on the internet, that means it's true. But, honestly, I never had an issue with scratching. So, I guess the battle of the Blowers vs the Bladers rages on....haha!

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
Why would you blow dust and fine grit. Don't use a dirty leaf blower or do it at a dusty place.
For me, I don't use it to dry the car, I use it to blow water out of the gaps so they don't keep dripping 1 day after.
Yep! Works great on the honeycomb grille and on wheels with recessed lug nuts too!

That is all...

steelertown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
I have dried with a leaf blower, waffle weave towel, and a chamois. Leaf blower took too long and I didn't like it. Chamois and waffle weave were pretty much same results as one another, waffle weave being slightly quicker.

I guess leaf blower would be best if you don't wash your car right and still have a bunch of junk on your paint so you don't scratch it. But then you need a strong enough one or its not the least bit effective.

rubyinla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Been using an electric leaf blower for over 20 years. I've tried my battery powered one and it's not of much use. All I need is the blower and one towel. BUT, after being around loud noises for years let me suggest, Highly, that you wear ear plugs of some type when using the blower.
It's especially great for blowing off your engine after cleaning it off.
I tried that "T" thing water scraper and hated it. I needed earplugs just for the squealing when scraping the water off the hood.

Sponsored

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
One thing I hate is washing my car and then after driving it have water come, seemingly, out of no where. :doh: Door jams especially.
I've used a cordless electric one for years now, no pesky runs & drips from unseen places for hours (or days) after washing.
For me, I don't use it to dry the car, I use it to blow water out of the gaps so they don't keep dripping 1 day after.
Yeah, that has always ticked me off.
The other is the water lurking behind the mirrors that splatters the side of the car as you drive or just runs down the entire door :frusty:
This!! Lol. I deal with this on a weekly basis. Every time I wash my car, it's always the headlights, mirrors, and taillights that start dripping at some random time, despite numerous attempts at drying them, lol.

I've gotten into the habit of washing the car, drying it, and coming back later to dry those particular areas again :p.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Might try the Chemical Guys blower along with the Rain X Spot Free Car Wash. I've used the Rain X wash a few times now and it sheets the rinse water well on the vertical surfaces of the car but on the hood, roof, and trunk areas beaded water remains where upon l use my micro fiber towels.

Ray721

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
I use a Blower on all the seams and catch it all with a waffle weave. Gets good results.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Me personally use a windshield wiper blade just to get the excess water than a standard towel dry. But for the mirrors, grill, and around lights I just use my air compressor set at low pressure and blow water out. Works great! For the guys talking " fine dust particles that scratch your paint so bad". Do they immediately after washing ( with triple filtered water) throw away all wash mitts buckets and towels that might have fine dust particles trapped in them!!

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
I have dried with a leaf blower, waffle weave towel, and a chamois. Leaf blower took too long and I didn't like it. Chamois and waffle weave were pretty much same results as one another, waffle weave being slightly quicker.

I guess leaf blower would be best if you don't wash your car right and still have a bunch of junk on your paint so you don't scratch it. But then you need a strong enough one or its not the least bit effective.
You'll see better results from a leaf blower the cleaner your car is and based on the wax/sealant/coating that is on there. It has to be a type that has hydrophobic properties to really see the quick results.
Sponsored