Sponsored

Electric Leaf Blower to Dry Your S550?

ssyellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Competition Orange GT - PP/Recaros
If the car is waxed, any type of moderately powerful blower will get 95% of the water off the car. The entire concept is that the less you have to physically touch the car with microfibers or such, the less chance of scratches or swirls.
Sponsored

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
It didn't work as well as I thought it would.

ssyellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Competition Orange GT - PP/Recaros
Might need a more powerful left blower, works like a charm for me. Car has to have a decent layer of wax or polish on it though.

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
Might need a more powerful left blower, works like a charm for me. Car has to have a decent layer of wax or polish on it though.
I have been using leafblowers for years.The less rubbing on your paint the less
swirls. I now have a Stihl electric one that kicks butt.
Yes, you do need a good wax finish. I then gently dry whats left with a high quality waffle-weave towel. It also gets most of the water out of cracks.

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I agree with several comments above in that a blower is all I use to dry mine. Just a cheap leaf blower from Home Depot, just make sure you get the highest FPM you can. No filter on a leaf blower, but when you hold it in your hand to dry the car, what's going to get sucked into it -- lint from your shirt pocket? :blush: I can't leave mine on the ground, have to hold it up in my hand. Our air here is clean, at least we don't have sand blowing around to get sucked up and blasted on the paint. Maybe we're just lucky.

Sponsored

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Same here, been using a small electric one I got probably 15 years ago. It’s light and small but fairly powerful and does a great job. At the time it was around $25-35.

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
IMO: Nothing compares to a Master Blaster...absolutely nothing. Leaf blowers don't compare. If you go cheap, don't expect much.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Dried cars for DECADES with "rags" until I learned about the Metro Vacs. I still use a MF drying towel for the occasional group of water drops but very little paint contact with the towel occurs as the Master Blaster pushes off or dries 98 percent of the water.

Expensive: Yes, but you do get your money's worth.

1611487557252.png

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

gorgin4325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I recently picked up one of these from Amazon. It even blows warm air if selected! The 14ft hose makes it easy to get in the car and clear all the dog hair!!! I think I first saw it on YouTube. So far, super happy with it.
71gOmowQWbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I recently picked up one of these from Amazon. It even blows warm air if selected! The 14ft hose makes it easy to get in the car and clear all the dog hair!!! I think I first saw it on YouTube. So far, super happy with it.
71gOmowQWbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
How many amps does that pull? I put a dedicated 20amp outlet in garage for higher powered devices. Kind of want a 30amp circuit for a heater for winter stuff.