Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Ali
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I was told that an electric leaf blower was the best way to dry a car. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring one to the car wash. So, I asked a guy to borrow his. Forgive my sarcastic sense of humor. This is only meant as a joke. So, don't let your feelings get hurt. I'm not opposed to using a leaf blower. It's entertainment, people. Subscribe to my channel if you like it. :lol:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]v0aW6uB3uz4[/MEDIA]"]
Sponsored

Last edited:

kray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 2014 Edge 2013 F150
Sorry but I would rather pack a gas powered leaf blower in the trunk than use that water blade! Water blade = scratches! But then I don't take my car to a self serve car wash. After you leave that self serve car wash take a look at what the harsh chemicals do to your plastic and rubber. Not good! Not sure what you are trying to prove with the video.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Did the guy who told you this run a paint & body shop in need of hustling up a little more business?

Please forgive me for not understanding how blowing dust and fine grit at your paint at 100 mph or better could ever be a good thing.

Norm

OP
OP
16P51-GT

16P51-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Ali
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Sorry but I would rather pack a gas powered leaf blower in the trunk than use that water blade! Water blade = scratches! But then I don't take my car to a self serve car wash. After you leave that self serve car wash take a look at what the harsh chemicals do to your plastic and rubber. Not good! Not sure what you are trying to prove with the video.
Chill out, bro. It was a joke. Guess some people don't enjoy humor. I personally don't care how people dry their car. It's all up for debate. I'm actually going to be trying out some AMMO products soon. I'm always looking for new ways of doing things. And actually, I know the owner of the car wash I go to and he only uses the best chemicals that won't damage anything.

RCstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Did the guy who told you this run a paint & body shop in need of hustling up a little more business?

Please forgive me for not understanding how blowing dust and fine grit at your paint at 100 mph or better could ever be a good thing.

Norm
Why would you blow dust and fine grit. Don't use a dirty leaf blower or do it at a dusty place.
For me, I don't use it to dry the car, I use it to blow water out of the gaps so they don't keep dripping 1 day after.

OP
OP
16P51-GT

16P51-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Ali
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
OP
OP
16P51-GT

16P51-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Ali
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

stealthfrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 raptor, 99 corvette, 2015 PP mustang gt
ill post my reply here aswel....

ever notice drive thru car washes have "electric blowers" to dry your car? they work good to huh?

I'm just being a smart ass, obviously you can't use a leaf blower at a local car wash.... but if you can wash your car at home its by far the best and easiest method to dry a car, your using air, nothing is contacting your car so there is no chance of some dirt particles getting between what ever you use to dry the car and you wiping causing scratching.

like i said, i have the water blade thing. i did not like it, you can't get water that is in crevasses... only flat surfaces so it does a very poor job of getting all the water off the car.

Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I've used a cordless electric one for years now, no pesky runs & drips from unseen places for hours (or days) after washing. Also blows out the fender/door jam areas so they don't water spot & look like crap after a few years. And unless the air is full of dirt & dust why would it be coming out of the blower ? If it's that dusty out, prob. no point in washing the car to begin with.

OP
OP
16P51-GT

16P51-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Ali
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I've used a cordless electric one for years now, no pesky runs & drips from unseen places for hours (or days) after washing. Also blows out the fender/door jam areas so they don't water spot & look like crap after a few years. And unless the air is full of dirt & dust why would it be coming out of the blower ? If it's that dusty out, prob. no point in washing the car to begin with.
One thing I hate is washing my car and then after driving it have water come, seemingly, out of no where. :doh: Door jams especially.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
One thing I hate is washing my car and then after driving it have water come, seemingly, out of no where. :doh: Door jams especially.
Yeah, that has always ticked me off.
The other is the water lurking behind the mirrors that splatters the side of the car as you drive or just runs down the entire door :frusty:

Blower also gets the water out of the lug nut recesses - not that I'm anal about it or anything :D

OP
OP
16P51-GT

16P51-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Ali
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
My brother uses the cordless WORX blower. Maybe I'll try that one out and then make it my life's work to go to car washes and convert people. #SaveThePaint
^^^^
SARCASM

But, I will seriously get one and test it out. A lot of people swear by it.

OP
OP
16P51-GT

16P51-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Ali
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah, that has always ticked me off.
The other is the water lurking behind the mirrors that splatters the side of the car as you drive or just runs down the entire door :frusty:

Blower also gets the water out of the lug nut recesses - not that I'm anal about it or anything :D
Hahaha!!!
Sponsored