mustangguy88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT with PP
Vehicle Showcase
The trim you are asking about is a carry over from the 2015 models, the fit and finish will work out, if your painting thechrome trim to match the car, it is best to put in the effort and not try to remove the trim from glass and paint in place. It takes patience to mask sand, mask sand, mask paint, the mask sand and polish, but it was worth the time.

Good luck.

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
The trim you are asking about is a carry over from the 2015 models, the fit and finish will work out, if your painting thechrome trim to match the car, it is best to put in the effort and not try to remove the trim from glass and paint in place. It takes patience to mask sand, mask sand, mask paint, the mask sand and polish, but it was worth the time.

Good luck.
Thanks, at this point it's purely informational since I don't have the LE glass. I've wanted to try this for years, but not at $3k+ cost. I've seen LE's pop up on copart but I'm not buying the whole car just to get the glass, and I haven't had luck finding any thru ebay or LKQ.

In any case, I noticed the OP removed the chrome from the LE glass, and installed the black trim from his original glass onto the LE glass. The other install in this thread seemed to use all the chrome trim from an LE, including door window surround, then painted body color. All of that got me wondering if the chrome trim on the LE quarter window maybe doesn't fit or line up with the standard black door window trim?

It just seems to me that painting the chrome trim a satin black to match the other trim on the car would be much easier than replacing the quarter window trim.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
If you want close to the look without the cost go with Hyperformance Glass Products. They are gorilla laminate 5-panel glass and look killer. You can now order them without the branding and they offer a forum discount.
BTW, interior trim removal is not required to remove or install these. I watched the glass shop install mine and they didn’t even touch the inside.
3D56262A-C18F-41AB-BEAB-4D706E12A057.jpeg

Last edited:

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
I've seen those, thanks for the suggestion, but they just aren't the same

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
If you want close to the look without the cost go with Hyperformance Glass Products. They are gorilla laminate 5-panel glass and look killer. You can now order them without the branding and they offer a forum discount.
BTW, interior trim removal is not required to remove or install these. I watched the glass shop install mine and they didn’t even touch the inside.
Shame no chrome trim, useless for the Bullitt guys.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
How did your installer remove the original 1/4 glass out and install the Hyperformance glass without removing the interior panels?

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
How did your installer remove the original 1/4 glass out and install the Hyperformance glass without removing the interior panels?
He used some sort of power tool with a blade on the end. It cut right through the sealant. He had a guy looking through from the side to make sure the blade didn’t get near the interior panels. There’s no bolts or anything requiring the removal of the interior trim.

mech94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
where do I order from for brand less glass and forum code

Sponsored

mustangguy88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT with PP
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, at this point it's purely informational since I don't have the LE glass. I've wanted to try this for years, but not at $3k+ cost. I've seen LE's pop up on copart but I'm not buying the whole car just to get the glass, and I haven't had luck finding any thru ebay or LKQ.

In any case, I noticed the OP removed the chrome from the LE glass, and installed the black trim from his original glass onto the LE glass. The other install in this thread seemed to use all the chrome trim from an LE, including door window surround, then painted body color. All of that got me wondering if the chrome trim on the LE quarter window maybe doesn't fit or line up with the standard black door window trim?

It just seems to me that painting the chrome trim a satin black to match the other trim on the car would be much easier than replacing the quarter window trim.
The painted install was my work, removing the chrome trim doesn't make sense because of what's involved with the swap.

Painting takes a little more effort but yields far better results in the end.

Keep looking eventually a set comes up, just need to be quick to get them.

Good luck.

Tatonka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2018 GT350SE, 2020 GT350 Heritage
Who did you use for the glass installation?
Sponsored