Sponsored

LCD Screen w/out Nav

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I just want to know if any of these screens turn off for night driving.
You can have out auto dim for night time or you can manual turn it to its dimmest. Honestly it's not noticeable it's not distracting
Sponsored

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
I think without Nav (which I didn't get) it's the areas for info and apps.
What that includes? I have no clue. I think Pandora is one but I'm not sure what the other are.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I think without Nav (which I didn't get) it's the areas for info and apps.
What that includes? I have no clue. I think Pandora is one but I'm not sure what the other are.
No.

Pandora is not supported.

Its just a compass. Clicking on it will take you to Sync Services which is

Weather radar
Sports
Gas prices
Ski info
Movie listings

Did you read any posts above?

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
I just want to know if any of these screens turn off for night driving.
I'm sure that middle square botton with a circle icon in the radio controls is the one that turns on/off the screen

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
I'm sure that middle square botton with a circle icon in the radio controls is the one that turns on/off the screen

I could be wrong but wouldn't that be for the entire system, not just the screen?

Also, I haven't used a CD in 5+ years but where's the slot? I don't see it in that pic.

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Sync Services with Nav come with a 60 month free subscription now
It might be good to verify if this is the case, even with it printed in the dealer product guide. I was told that it was 12 months when I attended the dealer training awhile back. It would be cool if it was 5 years, of course!

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
I did check available SYNC Services for Canada. Results:911 that's it. Always the same stupid thing with this car makers. In Canada we pay far more than in the USA for cars but getting less service for it. Actually not really a surprise! :thumbdown:

So 60 month free service for nothing!? :rant:

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Thanks, Brent and Justin for a great primer on the Nav system. I did order it, a little on a whim, but I can see I am going to like it. The 60 months of free service is icing on the cake!

rkan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion ti
No.

Pandora is not supported.

Its just a compass. Clicking on it will take you to Sync Services which is

Weather radar
Sports
Gas prices
Ski info
Movie listings

Did you read any posts above?
The weather radar, sports, gas prices, movie listings is part of SiruisXM Travel Link Services. This is different from Sync Services. In my Fusion I let the Sirius subscription die after the 6 months free and I "lost" all those features.

But I still have the 3 years (?) of "Sync Services" which include "turn by turn" voice directions, business lookup, real operator calls to look up things the automated services cant find (limited # of free calls, but I never have needed to use it.) and a couple of other things I cant recall.

I think the best combo of features is being able to send a mapped address from "the web" to sync services. Then when you hit the voice button in the car and say "services" it dials up Sync Services and the first thing it says is "*Bong* MapQuest has sent a navigation point, would you like to download it?" (or something close to that) They you say yes, its says "downloading", and it downloads to your nav. Where you then have the choice to make it your destination or the other usual nav choices.

Having used this with google maps and BMW, I loved it. But Ford going with Crapquest, I mean MapQuest had me disappointed. So I found an app called "Send To Car" by Julian Vanier that will allow you to "share" your destination found on Google maps on phone with Sync.
So instead of sending a map point to an email or text recipient, it sends the proper "MapQuest" map format location to your Sync phone # on record, and you can access it as noted above. Unfortunately, Sync Services only lets you have 1 map point in the cue, so the latest one sent to Sync is the one available.

DBCooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Also, I haven't used a CD in 5+ years but where's the slot? I don't see it in that pic.
It looks like it's just below the buttons being discussed. There's a shadow in this picture so it's hard to tell, but if you look in the INTERIORS thread, you can see it a little better.

Sponsored

Allerick

First Time Mustang Buyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang (DIB 2.3T w/ Ceramic Int.)
I think they should give you the option to change the little arrow in the nav to a little Mustang. Silly, but it would be a fun detail.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Also, here's an article about it :thumbsup:

http://www.autotrader.com/research/...usxm-traffic-subscription-for-2015-models.jsp

Honestly if it were Nav by itself I probably wouldn't get it as I have a Garmin, but it's all the extra's that sell me on it. I really like having radar lol, makes me feel like i'm really in an airplane haha :D Same goes for the sports.
It might be good to verify if this is the case, even with it printed in the dealer product guide. I was told that it was 12 months when I attended the dealer training awhile back. It would be cool if it was 5 years, of course!

Here ya go I quoted an article I posted earlier, so it seems pretty legit. Although it wouldn't hurt to ask.