Sponsored

8" color LCD touch screen

kanniiee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 Ebony Black
Silly question but... would it even be possible to install the 8 inch LCD touch screen in my 2015 GT? I have the smaller non-touchscreen and I really hate it. cost? I am sure it would be outrageous but i'm just curious. I am also assuming you would have to rip everything out of the center stack if it was even possible.

Miles
Sponsored

GPhilly04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost 6MT
Silly question but... would it even be possible to install the 8 inch LCD touch screen in my 2015 GT? I have the smaller non-touchscreen and I really hate it. cost? I am sure it would be outrageous but i'm just curious. I am also assuming you would have to rip everything out of the center stack if it was even possible.

Miles
In my non-professional opinion, it'd be easier/less of a headache just to get a Premium trim than spend the money on supplies and labor. Not to mention you'll probably be without the car for a few days while it's worked on. Even if you do it yourself, it's going to be very expensive and time consuming.

That being said, I have an EcoBoost premium. I'd be happy to trade for your GT :D

OP
OP
kanniiee

kanniiee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 Ebony Black
You are probably right. Haha sure. Throw in a full tank of gas?

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
Wait for an aftermarket option, unless you're going to find a donor car and most likely need the ecu too.

Sponsored

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
Metra or Scosche hopefully in another year. Raxiom too. But I really want a Pioneer unit and not some no name (bobo as the kids at my school called off brands)

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
Just give it some time, everyone is dying for an aftermarket solution and Im sure something awesome will come out.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
In my GT Premium, the 8" screen is basically tied to every system of the car. The radio, HVAC system, Etc. Is the non-Premium, smaller screen, the same way? What I'm getting at is that I would guess replacing/upgrading the smaller screen would be a much bigger job than just getting a bigger screen to fit. All of the systems would need to be linked to it.

I did test drive a GT Base but I can't quite remember what it looked like or whether any of the HVAC stuff worked through the screen. I suppose you'd have to upgrade the whole center stack as well to get the toggle switches and everything else. As someone else had said, that may involve an ECU change.

The problem with most cars nowadays is that they seem to have gone away from the old DIN and Double-DIN systems making it a lot harder to easily integrate aftermarket units (or at least to make them look good). Between that and the integration of a lot of the cars controls, this could be a pretty major undertaking.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
In my GT Premium, the 8" screen is basically tied to every system of the car. The radio, HVAC system, Etc. Is the non-Premium, smaller screen, the same way? What I'm getting at is that I would guess replacing/upgrading the smaller screen would be a much bigger job than just getting a bigger screen to fit. All of the systems would need to be linked to it.

No, it only controls the radio, phone and music thru iphone/bluetooth.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
8" color LCD touch screen

There is no easy solution for it right now. Even if you had a donor console from a wrecked premium or something, nothing is plug-and-play or swappable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored