Sponsored

LCD Screen w/out Nav

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4
Just curious what all is displayed on the LCD screen without Nav. Does Nav only add Nav and all other information is standard or if Nav adds extra perks along with having Nav.
Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
The big screen comes with the Premium trims and is the home of MyFord Touch. So that's where the audio, telephone and climate controls all live. If you have Nav, it's an additional function on the same set of menus.

I figured if I was getting MFT (which I finally decided to do, mostly to get the good heated and cooled seats) I should spring for the Nav. Partly for me and partly for the second owner. I am really sure that by the time I sell this car, Nav will be virtually standard. And being voice-activated seems better than a Garmin or something like that. The 8" screen is so much better than my phone for Nav that it's not worth comparing.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Just curious what all is displayed on the LCD screen without Nav. Does Nav only add Nav and all other information is standard or if Nav adds extra perks along with having Nav.
Without NAV it's just a compass and when you click it it will take you to sync services.

With NAV you get
(SS is sync services free for a year and then 6 a month after but well worth it)

weather radar(SS)
Live traffic (SS)
Turn by turn
Off ramp renders
3D map renders near certain landmarks
Places of interest
Gas prices lookup with instant directions(SS)
Full voice control of nav
Multi tasking-if you're blaring music and your turn is coming up. It will turn down your music. Inform you if the turn then turn it back up.

Here are some screenshots of the NAV

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Brent, is that 6$ a month?

Is the traffic always up while driving? Will it automatically reroute around slow spots?

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Anyone know how often Ford provides updates for the map data?

Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Without NAV it's just a compass and when you click it it will take you to sync services.
How exactly do you click a touch screen?

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Brent, is that 6$ a month?

Is the traffic always up while driving? Will it automatically reroute around slow spots?
Yes around 6 a month and the subscription is through Sirius so you can have SS without Sirius radio.

Yes it will reroute for heavy traffic/accidents/construction and will alert you prior to departure if you would like to avoid that road.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Anyone know how often Ford provides updates for the map data?
It's usually $150 but the updates are not often and usually you'll be fine without an update. My Challenger is using maps from 2007 and it has only one problem with one ramp but i can see the ramp so I just drive up It.

OP
OP
DarkSubRosa

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4
I currently have Nav in my Lexus and beyond having the screen for the HVAC, audio, maintenance reminders etc., I really don't ever use the actual NAV. I always use google on my phone or the waze app. I definitely want the GT premium so I will at least get the screen but not sure if I really care to pay extra for Nav when I'll never really use it. Screen size for Nav on my phone I'm not really worried about since it speaks directions I don't really look at the map part. It sounds like beyond the actual Nav itself, it doesn't really add anything else from what you guys are saying. Weather, traffic, turning off the music for directions the phone will do so I'm not too worried about that. I guess like the seats, I'll just have to see it in person and see how I feel about it.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Eh I think mounting a phone on a windshield or dash looks cheap. Then you have wires and mounts eventually fail. If you get a GT the torque will eventually break the joint of the mount.

Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Sync Services with Nav come with a 60 month free subscription now
New Bitmap Image.jpg

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
15 GTI PP / 04 Rx8 track car
Also, here's an article about it :thumbsup:

http://www.autotrader.com/research/...usxm-traffic-subscription-for-2015-models.jsp

Honestly if it were Nav by itself I probably wouldn't get it as I have a Garmin, but it's all the extra's that sell me on it. I really like having radar lol, makes me feel like i'm really in an airplane haha :D Same goes for the sports.
that is a killer find, i am kinda against paying for nav as my phone does all of it and i am going to be streaming music from it anyway. but the 5 yr of service that comes with it might make it worth it. dont see radar weather mentioned though.

beers

eleanor5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MY
I just want to know if any of these screens turn off for night driving.
Sponsored