Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible

Garvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Dec 2016, file name is Map_25013789187_Update weighing in at 23.2GB (25,017,607,943 bytes).
Thanks for posting this. It appears that the Ford web site has now changed its mind and is offering me a maps update file of some 25Gb - seems the Ford IT just takes a little (long) time to catch up with things!

Edit : All updated now to Sync v3.0 and maps at F8. Interesting to note that after the maps update had finished it told me I could remove the USB device which I did but it had not loaded the log file onto the USB stick - it took another power/key cycle with the USB stick inserted to get that loaded!

Last edited:

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Just updated everything. No issues whatsoever in the installations on sync software.

Just one thing to note. After the update is installed, don't remove the USB until you have done a key cycle. This ensures the log file is created.

However, no log file was created from my maps update so I had no way to tell Ford I had updated the system successfully.

If that's a problem, there is an interrogator that Ford provides that you can run and it will create the log file. Takes 10 seconds and you can upload your log and all is good.

They sync 3 update took 23mins

The maps update is done in two chunks. First took about 33mins then a full key cycle restart and the second chunk took about 45mins.

So simple. So easy. Well done Ford.

Myweepony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
If that's a problem, there is an interrogator that Ford provides that you can run and it will create the log file. Takes 10 seconds and you can upload your log and all is good.
I updated the SYNC quite a while ago and got a log file. I updated to F8 a few weeks ago and removed the stick when it told me to, then put it back in when I read you weren't supposed to take it out but didn't get a log file.

Where can I find this interrogator file and will it do just the maps?

Cheers
Phil

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
It's a zip file located here

https://fc.nf/logmaker (credit: s550 guru)

Extract this onto the USB as you would the other updates. (there will be a folder and 1 file)

Plug into the sync after you have keyed it on

It will take about 10 to 15 seconds for the update to complete.

Turn the car off and it will be there. (I turned the car on again and left the USB plugged in, it updated again and then removed the USB)

Sponsored

Myweepony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
It's a zip file located here

https://fc.nf/logmaker (credit: s550 guru)

Extract this onto the USB as you would the other updates. (there will be a folder and 1 file)

Plug into the sync after you have keyed it on

It will take about 10 to 15 seconds for the update to complete.

Turn the car off and it will be there. (I turned the car on again and left the USB plugged in, it updated again and then removed the USB)
Thanks for that V8_Motor. That generated a log file which is the same as the Sync update log file. When I put my vin code in the Ford page it shows updated for Sync and then updated for maps. Which it didn't initially, after I'd downloaded the 25gb maps it used to tell me there was a map update of a few kb but always failed to upload the smaller file. Now it says all updated and doesn't give me any options. Without me doing anything.

Ah well, stranger things have happened at sea.

Thanks again, at least it should be of help to others.

blackboxdata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
Updated my Sync today, took around 18 minutes again. Website now saying my maps are up to date. View attachment 355714
IMG_2454.JPG
When I check my VIN, it says that I have the latest software, but my version is still 3.0 (18093), is this correct, because I can see that others have version 3.3

My map is F8

My Vin is 1FA6P8CF9J5181694

Sincerely

Carsten Larsen
IMG_0053.jpeg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

s1ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
When I check my VIN, it says that I have the latest software, but my version is still 3.0 (18093), is this correct, because I can see that others have version 3.3

My map is F8

My Vin is 1FA6P8CF9J5181694

Sincerely

Carsten Larsen
IMG_0053.jpeg
Hi Carsten,

MY18+ cars have v3.3. Our older ones have v3.0. Also, it appears that your maps are F7.

Simon

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Does anyone else STILL get this message occasionally after start up AFTER a successful update AND when there isn't even anything plugged in to either of the USB ports?

IMG_1698.jpg

Sponsored

blackboxdata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
Does anyone else STILL get this message occasionally after start up AFTER a successful update AND when there isn't even anything plugged in to either of the USB ports?

IMG_1698.jpg
I Get this every day

Very annoying

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
I hope all this effort is worth it!
It just takes too long to update sync and the map updates so I can’t be arsed to do it unless the updated version of sync is way different. Anyone know what the sync updates contain?

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Think it's just the map updates, although did an update last year which helped with stability. Somewhat pointless upgrading to latest version for Ford maps if use Google maps or Waze for directions

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
It is 25Gb for the maps and over USB2 that is always going to take a while. The flash drive speed can be a factor - a good USB3 drive even over USB2 will be quicker as the read speed is often not bus limited but chip limited in may cases.

Until a USB 3 version of Sync is released which will require hardware changes then it will not improve significantly. To be fair most standalone sat navs are the same. Phones only download what they need when they need it, but you obviously pay for that data - pays your money takes your choice
Sponsored