Latest Sync 3 Map Update

inky5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 5.0GT Fastback
Updated the maps - downloaded from the FORD website - for my Sync 3 last week. Everything went well and as per the downloaded instructions, until the last stage where it failed to download the confirmation log from the car and the screen said that it had failed to update. So I gave up...
However, used the car on Saturday and it advised “caution” at the new cameras between J29 and J28 on the M1. As these were only recently installed - and were not on the previous software/maps - I can only assume that the update was successful... Strange!
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
i'm about 4 updates behind i can't be arsed to fanny around with it on either the mustang or the truck

OP
OP
inky5.0

inky5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
i'm about 4 updates behind i can't be arsed to fanny around with it on either the mustang or the truck
I agree - ever since I carried out the full system update at Christmas, my ipod doesn’t connect/function correctly. I shan’t bother with any more! Although I’m quite pleased that the latest M1 cameras near me are now on there...

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
There is no confirmation xml file for the maps - only the sync updates themselves. Website is incorrect in asking for it. If you connect sync via wifi from the car and check for updates some people have reported that updates the Ford website.

If you have any problems post update ( I haven't on any cars I have done) then do a master reset. Some people have reported voice guidance doesn't work until after a master reset.

iPods are flaky full stop with sync 3 - but then they are getting a bit old tech now. I gave up and used a USB stick which is far better - don't get any of the re-indexing problems or stuttering between tracks. They are so cheap and small now I leave it in the car all the time.

Hinch - well worth doing the Sync updates even if not the maps as there are a lot of bug fixes and some new features. Applink is much better on newer versions and works well.

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2017, Ford Fiesta ST200.
I did mine before Xmas. But the file never downloaded to the USB stick at the end, no error messages though.

Any chance you can post a software & Maps version number please?

Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
inky5.0

inky5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
I did mine before Xmas. But the file never downloaded to the USB stick at the end, no error messages though.

Any chance you can post a software & Maps version number please?

Thanks
Sorry Spash, am away at the moment so can’t tell you.

OP
OP
inky5.0

inky5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
There is no confirmation xml file for the maps - only the sync updates themselves. Website is incorrect in asking for it. If you connect sync via wifi from the car and check for updates some people have reported that updates the Ford website.

If you have any problems post update ( I haven't on any cars I have done) then do a master reset. Some people have reported voice guidance doesn't work until after a master reset.

iPods are flaky full stop with sync 3 - but then they are getting a bit old tech now. I gave up and used a USB stick which is far better - don't get any of the re-indexing problems or stuttering between tracks. They are so cheap and small now I leave it in the car all the time.

Hinch - well worth doing the Sync updates even if not the maps as there are a lot of bug fixes and some new features. Applink is much better on newer versions and works well.
Thanks Greg - good to know!

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Sorry Spash, am away at the moment so can’t tell you.
No worries, just checked, there's a 25GB update waiting. That's a project for the weekend.

Parko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Maps are F8, I had the failed update to but checked the version and it had indeed updated.

Don’t think the sync version changed it was still 18025

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Maps update comes in two parts with an ignition cycle in the middle so make sure it is a long enough journey to do the update (40 minutes plus 1 hour give or take)

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Maps update comes in two parts with an ignition cycle in the middle so make sure it is a long enough journey to do the update (40 minutes plus 1 hour give or take)
this is my problem my longest journey is less than an hour most of the time its about 10 minutes

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Any excuse for a drive.:thumbsup:

Bigkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Updated the maps - downloaded from the FORD website - for my Sync 3 last week. Everything went well and as per the downloaded instructions, until the last stage where it failed to download the confirmation log from the car and the screen said that it had failed to update. So I gave up...
However, used the car on Saturday and it advised “caution” at the new cameras between J29 and J28 on the M1. As these were only recently installed - and were not on the previous software/maps - I can only assume that the update was successful... Strange!

HI What website do you visit for the map updates ?
I have googled but can't find the right page.

thanks

Daren