Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
I mean, you're kinda poor. You can only afford a $27k on your car while making fun of people that can afford $60k cars.
Yep, that definitely makes me poor. Why do I even have a financial advisor? I need someone like you to tell me to buy more stuff so I can be less poor.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
What did you come to tell us here exactly? Another pissing contest? Comparing 8 year old car with brand new with factory warranty is apples and oranges. Compare your car to current M5 and maybe you won't be that satisfied anymore.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
What did you come to tell us here exactly? Another pissing contest? Comparing 8t year old car with brand new with factory warranty is apples and oranges. Compare your car to current M5 and maybe you won't be that satisfied anymore.
If you think the age and mileage of a car matters as much as where it was driven, how it was maintained, and whether or not it was kept in a garage, then I can see why you would say that. I went from a 2007 E60 M5 to a 2016 Mustang GT and was always disappointed with the driving dynamics and lack of refinement in the S550 platform. While my 2019 Mustang GT wasn't plagued by the weird suspension issues that my 2016 was, it still never felt as planted as the 2007 M5. I understand that the S550 is built to a price point, and I'm fine with that. I just decided that instead of trying to make an S550 drive like a BMW, I would sell my Mustang and pay cash for a car that already had the driving dynamics I wanted.

With that said, I'm not here to bash the Mach 1. I'm sure it's a great car. Why would so many Mustang fanboys say it was great if it wasn't? I just think the GT350 was different enough from the standard Mustang GT to warrant a $60k price tag and the Mach 1 isn't.

But I digress. I'm 52 years old and I plan to retire in 15 years. My daughter gets married in a couple months, and my son is in medical school. My house will be paid off, and I'll be ready to take care of grandchildren.

It's amazing how much car maintenance you can afford when you don't have a $600 car payment and are willing to do the repairs yourself. So, for now, I will continue to wrench on my 8 year old "beater" and live my best life.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
It's a great M5 so you do enjoy it as much as you can. Nothing wrong against buying a used car, I only ever had those but had misfortune of engine repairs on two and transmission on one, so I won't be buying a car without warranty ever again. Then at least I'll know how it was driven and how it was serviced.

BMW M cars and Mustang GT are not quite in the same league or made for the same purpose. For GT it's primarily cruising (Grand Turismo after all), M cars are made for track. So some changes in suspension of S550 are needed to get it to behave accordingly to one's desire. MagneRide is a great improvement as well. Here we get it done right from the factory. Might not behave quite like a new M4 with all its refinement and tech, but it's American muscle after all, some rough character is to be expected, for much lower price, with better looks and better sounds. So each one needs to weigh what he wants from a car.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
If you think the age and mileage of a car matters as much as where it was driven, how it was maintained, and whether or not it was kept in a garage, then I can see why you would say that. I went from a 2007 E60 M5 to a 2016 Mustang GT and was always disappointed with the driving dynamics and lack of refinement in the S550 platform. While my 2019 Mustang GT wasn't plagued by the weird suspension issues that my 2016 was, it still never felt as planted as the 2007 M5. I understand that the S550 is built to a price point, and I'm fine with that. I just decided that instead of trying to make an S550 drive like a BMW, I would sell my Mustang and pay cash for a car that already had the driving dynamics I wanted.

With that said, I'm not here to bash the Mach 1. I'm sure it's a great car. Why would so many Mustang fanboys say it was great if it wasn't? I just think the GT350 was different enough from the standard Mustang GT to warrant a $60k price tag and the Mach 1 isn't.

But I digress. I'm 52 years old and I plan to retire in 15 years. My daughter gets married in a couple months, and my son is in medical school. My house will be paid off, and I'll be ready to take care of grandchildren.

It's amazing how much car maintenance you can afford when you don't have a $600 car payment and are willing to do the repairs yourself. So, for now, I will continue to wrench on my 8 year old "beater" and live my best life.
man, not retiring until 67. I am sorry man, that sucks. best of luck to you though. shit, I can't imagine having to wait 15 more years to retire, and I'm only 39.

Anyways, wanna talk about how cheap repairs vs a new car are? Look at what all I drive and make another stupid reply. We are all aware that repairs (provided that you turn the wrench yourself) are cheaper than payments (except for Ford diesels...screw that) The average age of my vehicles is 1982, my birthyear, that is AFTER I add in the car that I have on order, which will be the only car newer than my 1986 daily driver by the time it gets in.

If you have no interest in a Mach 1, why are you in here talking about how great your new 8 year old car is (not the new new car you have is....) ?

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
It's not even a premium! $40,000 ADM.

Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 11.12.16 PM.png
Can't imagine why, but they haven't been able to sell it and have knocked their ADM all the way down to $30K LOL!

1631745821371.png

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I think I win this thread………..

Wonder if you pay their asking price if they will fix the holes in the front bumper they drilled?

8C56FB1F-766D-4839-AF70-1924C05BEA8E.png
and I thought the CFTP GT500 for 130k near me was a bit over the top. w t h.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Wonder if you pay their asking price if they will fix the holes in the front bumper they drilled?

1631786958800.gif

Maldelver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1

🤢🤮