Advertisement

L1663, GT500 CFTP, the story

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Nah. Purchased in manly places while engaged in a manly enterprise.

If, on the other hand, you're referring to the wine collection...well, never mind...

Sell? Never. They go to the great great grandchildren who will ensure your exploits live forever...un-embellished...just as you presented them :)
I know. I got my Tabriz and Hereke carpets when I was defending this great country and its interests at Incirlik AB, and Adana Turkey. Its kind of funny looking back on my travels with the USAF. I would always buy stuff wherever I went. Speaking of wine collections, one time I brought home 12 cases of Bordeaux wine from deployment at Istrus France. The customs guy looked at me, looked at the wine, and said where do you think you are doing with all that? I said it was for personal consumption. He laughed and said get the out of here and don't pull this again.

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I would imagine many of us have similar "gedunk" stories, to coin an official Naval term. :cool:

Go broke saving money, I say. <laughing>
And then there were the gold souks........

If I could only go back in time, I would have bought more.

The Chairman

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
As we used to say back in the day, someone’s house was decorated in “Early MAC”.
I was never in MAC, or AMC as they call it today. I have my share of stuff. But it had to fit in a travel pod. On some ventures, they would give us an ESTA bird and we would try to bring back larger stuff by burying it under other gear so the inspectors wouldn’t find it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
As we used to say back in the day, someone’s house was decorated in “Early MAC”.
I was never in MAC, or AMC as they call it today. I have my share of stuff. But it had to fit in a travel pod. On some ventures, they would give us an ESTA bird and we would try to bring back larger stuff by burying it under other gear so the inspectors wouldn’t find it.
Oh, and a puerto rico business effort...... A large transport aircraft loaded down with rum.

16Kobra

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
This showed up at the track, The Firm on Sat when we were there tracking. He had it out on the track along with his GT3 which he trailered. Did not see how it ran, I think he was still taking it easy and it was raining ALOT.

1600687936784.png

16Kobra

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
His GT3

1600688053347.png

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement