Sponsored

Just ordered Antigravity Lithium Battery

Antigravity Batteries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3 RS
Hi guys, just wanted to post this up in a few spots and see if any of you had come across this and can verify/confirm the details with the Forscan as well as the bypass? Would love to get some feedback.
-Chad [email protected]
Sponsored

ZZxtra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang v6
Just a follow up on my Antigravity ATX-30-HD. I have had zero issues with the battery. I did zero adjustments. Initial erratic charging rates have settled down completely as the system learned the new battery.

Install was a bit of a problem as this battery is taller than stock. I sectioned the bottom of the battery box down to the second level at the bottom of the box the exact size of the battery so it was completely captured at the bottom, then plastic tied it down. Then 4 pieces of styrofoam around the 4 sides for upper support. It is very solid.

Thanks Antigravity!

Antigravity Batteries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3 RS
Just a follow up on my Antigravity ATX-30-HD. I have had zero issues with the battery. I did zero adjustments. Initial erratic charging rates have settled down completely as the system learned the new battery.

Install was a bit of a problem as this battery is taller than stock. I sectioned the bottom of the battery box down to the second level at the bottom of the box the exact size of the battery so it was completely captured at the bottom, then plastic tied it down. Then 4 pieces of styrofoam around the 4 sides for upper support. It is very solid.

Thanks Antigravity!
Awesome to hear to hear and please keep us posted. Feel free to share any images of the mount as well [email protected] as I’d be really interested to see how that turned out. Also What did you see for initial variances and how long did it take for them to settle into normal parameters?
-Chad

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
Hey guys just wanted to chime with an update we're trying on one of the existing battery mounts for the ATX30-HD's and wanted to make sure to let you know it was an option. Not sure how this is going to affect the height in regards to the existing cover but wanted to let you it was available and we'll see how it plays out. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions at all.
-Chad
[email protected]
upload_2020-5-21_15-38-11.png
Any user feedback on this existing mount as a solution for ATX-30HD? Have a proper fitment mount now available? Thanks!

Antigravity Batteries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3 RS
Just wanted to post an update with some new options out there... MeLe has come out with these which provide some options that might be helpful in finding an alternate solution to secure the battery. If you still intend on using the stock battery box the ATX20-HD will fit regardless, but if you might be looking to remove the box the rally plate for the mount should provide some great alternative mounting options. The mount will be in the black finish and feel free to check out the specs in the links below along with our ATX20-HD and ATX30-HD models.
MeleForumPic.jpg

ATX20-HD
ATX20 Mount
ATX30-HD
ATX30 Mount

Sponsored

ZZxtra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang v6
Sorry about my late reply. Not enough hours in the day for me.

This is a photo of my install of the ATX30-HD. It's a little taller than stock so I sectioned the bottom of the battery box so that the battery is completely captured at the bottom. Then I cut styrofoam pieces for all 4 sides which add almost 0 weight. It doesn't look like much but it is VERY solid.

Again I'm having zero issues. Everything working perfectly.

20200927_161540.jpg

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
With the 30 HD being too tall for the stock battery box, has anyone thought of this…

My thing is I don’t want to leave the factory battery cover off, as it provides the right finishing look to the cowling. But upon looking at it, it doesn’t look like the actual battery box provides much support for that cover. That cover rests on the fairing in the rear, and also along the strut brace thing, and the strut tower. Wonder how it would work with the box removed, one of these aftermarket mounts put in place, and then the factory cover back over that?

ZZxtra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang v6
With the 30 HD being too tall for the stock battery box, has anyone thought of this…

My thing is I don’t want to leave the factory battery cover off, as it provides the right finishing look to the cowling. But upon looking at it, it doesn’t look like the actual battery box provides much support for that cover. That cover rests on the fairing in the rear, and also along the strut brace thing, and the strut tower. Wonder how it would work with the box removed, one of these aftermarket mounts put in place, and then the factory cover back over that?

You are correct. It is too high. I cut out the bottom of the battery box down to the first lower level of the battery box, the exact size of the bottom of the battery, so the battery was captured on the bottom. Then I mounted the battery with large plastic ties. I seached out slightly lower SAE terminals so now it fits under the battery cover easily. See my previous photo.

The only thing I have against leaving the battery cover off is that the battery is exposed to engine heat. Ford sealed the battery off from heat and left it vented to outside cool air.

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 6.7l 3500 4x4, 55 Studebaker P/U, ‘19 GT350
Sorry about my late reply. Not enough hours in the day for me.

This is a photo of my install of the ATX30-HD. It's a little taller than stock so I sectioned the bottom of the battery box so that the battery is completely captured at the bottom. Then I cut styrofoam pieces for all 4 sides which add almost 0 weight. It doesn't look like much but it is VERY solid.

Again I'm having zero issues. Everything working perfectly.

20200927_161540.jpg
hey Google… what is the melting point of styrofoam?

“Styrofoam is made from expanded polystyrene, and it does not withstand heat well. It will start to soften at 212 °F, and it will melt at 464 °F.

good luck with that setup…😉

ZZxtra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang v6
hey Google… what is the melting point of styrofoam?

“Styrofoam is made from expanded polystyrene, and it does not withstand heat well. It will start to soften at 212 °F, and it will melt at 464 °F.

good luck with that setup…😉

And the problem is? All this is inside a battery box which is shielded from engine heat and vented to cool air.
Do you own a Mustang? It's conspicuously absent from your profile.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
@ZZxtra Did you take any pics of the floor of the battery box during your mod? Thanks man!
I think (🤷‍♂️) this is what we will find is needed. Do as @ZZxtra and drop the battery a bit. Still think that LC Fab battery mount on AG site should look nice and hold real secure. And ......GO! (you 1st) Lol!

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey fellas. Just got my ATX-20-HD, terminal adapters and charger in the mail.

However, I'm unsure on how to use the charger or how to change between modes (I.E. charge mode or trickle charge mode, etc.) There's no buttons on the charger and the manual really doesn't explain. Just has a lot of pictures.

Basically I just want to fully charge it before I install it into the car. Thanks in advance for any help.

Here's a pic of the charger I have:
IMG_2385.JPG