PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Hi Scott, me again. I have been in contact with your Australian distributor CTA Powersport in regards to what batteries they have for my 2018 Mustang and they told me that they are motorbike suppliers and someone else might import the car batteries. Do you have other distributors here for car batteries.
Sponsored

Antigravity Batteries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3 RS
Hi Scott, me again. I have been in contact with your Australian distributor CTA Powersport in regards to what batteries they have for my 2018 Mustang and they told me that they are motorbike suppliers and someone else might import the car batteries. Do you have other distributors here for car batteries.
Hi PK, Chad w/Antigravity here...remind me if you would which option where you looking to acquire?

Antigravity Batteries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3 RS
We do not have the Automotive Side of things being sold in Aus. We have not yet looked for a Distributor over there. But if you are looking for the ATX20HD or 30HD.... Carlisle can get those for sure. But they are new so I don't even know if they placed and order yet since they do a container every month or two....

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
We do not have the Automotive Side of things being sold in Aus. We have not yet looked for a Distributor over there. But if you are looking for the ATX20HD or 30HD.... Carlisle can get those for sure. But they are new so I don't even know if they placed and order yet since they do a container every month or two....
Sounds good. As far as options go am I right that the ATX30HD would be the best OEM replacement for regular street use that Antigravity make. The car came with a 50 amp hr Motorcraft lead acid battery and now that it is 1 year old it drops from 100% charge to 50/60% after 3 days of being parked up with nothing (that I know about) but the oem alarm being active.

Antigravity Batteries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3 RS
Sounds good. As far as options go am I right that the ATX30HD would be the best OEM replacement for regular street use that Antigravity make. The car came with a 50 amp hr Motorcraft lead acid battery and now that it is 1 year old it drops from 100% charge to 50/60% after 3 days of being parked up with nothing (that I know about) but the oem alarm being active.
Well actually NO.... the best batteries we make are the OEM RE-START Automotive Batteries... those batteries have more Amp Hours, and they have Wireless Built in Jump Starting and and OEM fitment.... But we only have the H5 size.. which fits a Mustange but is 5/8" TALLER than the OEM/Stock 96r size of the mustang. See a few posts above... someone put that battery in their Mustang... just a bit taller than stock. You cant ask them about it and if being a little Taller is an issue.

Now the the ATX30HD has 24Ah which is the same Battery Pack inside as the OEM RE-START Battery... but the differences are.
1- It does not have the RE-START feature, though it DOES have a full BMS to protect from Over-Discharge and damage. So it has all the protections and such, less the wiresless jump starting feature.

2- It is NOT and OEM fitment. OEM fitment means it would have the ability to drop into the Mustangs box and use the same mounting hardware. It does not have the exact drop in fit size... you have to make a hold down for it. I think people were showing some of these earlier in the thread.

3-It does not come with the Automotive style Terminals, you have to buy the SAE Automotive adapters that that bolt onto the ATX30 Terminals to make it have the Auto style Terminals...

4- But the ATX30HD is lighter, has as much power and is more compact than the H5 RE-START MOdel and costs less.

ANGEL ATX30-HD.jpg

Reactions: PKs

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Well actually NO.... the best batteries we make are the OEM RE-START Automotive Batteries... those batteries have more Amp Hours, and they have Wireless Built in Jump Starting and and OEM fitment.... But we only have the H5 size.. which fits a Mustange but is 5/8" TALLER than the OEM/Stock 96r size of the mustang. See a few posts above... someone put that battery in their Mustang... just a bit taller than stock. You cant ask them about it and if being a little Taller is an issue.

Now the the ATX30HD has 24Ah which is the same Battery Pack inside as the OEM RE-START Battery... but the differences are.
1- It does not have the RE-START feature, though it DOES have a full BMS to protect from Over-Discharge and damage. So it has all the protections and such, less the wiresless jump starting feature.

2- It is NOT and OEM fitment. OEM fitment means it would have the ability to drop into the Mustangs box and use the same mounting hardware. It does not have the exact drop in fit size... you have to make a hold down for it. I think people were showing some of these earlier in the thread.

3-It does not come with the Automotive style Terminals, you have to buy the SAE Automotive adapters that that bolt onto the ATX30 Terminals to make it have the Auto style Terminals...

4- But the ATX30HD is lighter, has as much power and is more compact than the H5 RE-START MOdel and costs less.

ANGEL ATX30-HD.jpg
Thanks. The Australian dealer does have your RS-30 available on their ebay site. Is this a good fit for the 2018 Mustang or withstanding the height factor should I be asking them to import your H5.

Antigravity Batteries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3 RS
Thanks. The Australian dealer does have your RS-30 available on their ebay site. Is this a good fit for the 2018 Mustang or withstanding the height factor should I be asking them to import your H5.

The height is too much on the RS-30... Demonic tested that unit.. just not a good fit for the Mustang he said the height was just TOO HIGH..... Best to do H5 or ATX30HDs. The guys from Carlisle wrote to me.. but we have Labor day weekend so I just answered some questions for them, but would see what they wanted for their next order this coming Tuesday.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
OK, I have put a query to Carlisle about the H5 and the ATX 30HD. Hopefully we can do something. Thanks for your help.

Sagittaria

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Just be mindful of running ACC too long — say over 15-20 minutes.
I haven't tested myself exactly what run time is in ACC mode (engine off) but I am wondering if I should do that. I'll get back to everyone and see.
Ran the test. Actually did better than I thought and very much acceptable for DD scenarios IMHO. Very impressive.

Test Parameters (Somewhat worst case scenario) with a stock 2018 GT350R:
1. Parking Lights on
2. HIDs off (High draw, and most people don't sit with headlights on even in normal scenarios)
3. Stereo playing "pop" music at a louder than normal volume

Result
~30 minutes to go from an indicated 98% charge to 79%.
ACC_Test.PNG

You can see above that voltage drops once under load (~13.03v) without the engine running. It drops steadily to 12.88v over 30 minutes. The battery tracker app records this as 98% and 79% charge levels.

I then immediately start the car at 14:51 for ~20 seconds. No issues and fired right up without any straining.

Interestingly, the resting voltage jumped back up 13.15v directly afterwards or 85% charge level. Either:
1. The app was very conservative and there was still some run time left
2. The battery charged up a bit (not too surprising, lithium batteries charge MUCH quicker than Pb)

Conclusion
So honestly... 30 min is MORE than enough ACC run time for me personally even in a DD. This isn't even factoring that 80% is still MORE than plenty to start the car AND there might have been some run time left on the table as the battery wasn't actually 80%.

And actually, 30 minutes on the stock battery would have me getting leery.

EDIT: Pic inside car on start of test if anyone's curious.
MVIMG_20190831_142100 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
The height is too much on the RS-30... Demonic tested that unit.. just not a good fit for the Mustang he said the height was just TOO HIGH..... Best to do H5 or ATX30HDs. The guys from Carlisle wrote to me.. but we have Labor day weekend so I just answered some questions for them, but would see what they wanted for their next order this coming Tuesday.
Are these batteries really affected by the HP of the car? If I were to have the ATX-20-HD on my 350 and add a supercharger kit and make 900+, would that affect it in any way?

Sponsored

Zed09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 Magnaride MT82 Whipple 3.75
Are these batteries really affected by the HP of the car? If I were to have the ATX-20-HD on my 350 and add a supercharger kit and make 900+, would that affect it in any way?
The battery doesn't care how much horsepower you're making, any performance gains would be due to weight reduction.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Why is there a horsepower rating on each of them? Atx20 700hp and atx30 800hp
You can ignore it. The idea is that a larger motor, for example a big block 454 with a massive blower sticking out the hood, will be harder to turn over and start than a 4 cylinder Honda. So they put HP ratings as guidelines for what kind of engine the batteries would be capable of turning over to start. It's a meaningless number, and I'm not a fan of the nomenclature for the confusion it can cause like in this case. The ATX20 can turn over and start a GT350 without any issues, and I'd presume in your case the supercharger won't make much of a difference, but if in doubt you can go with the ATX30HD.

Antigravity Batteries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3 RS
All I gotta say is you guys are seriously "ON-IT".... :thumbsup: I am saying Sag and Demonic are giving some data that is great but more important for me is accurate when discussing lithium.

That A/C test was really cool to see and now I am going to mimic that on my Porsche to show the Porsche guys... but I never thought of doing that, so that was an eye opener and made me realize.... damn, I can do more stuff with that Battery Tracker to show what the batteries are doing under loads and certain conditions. So cool creative test Saggateria....

I'll add to something that Sag posted.... yes under the load of the A/C the battery will show the voltage drop , but one thing lithium does well is to bounce back very fast on voltage after a load is disconnected. So under a high load it will sag, but even after a bit of time under that constant load, and IF the battery hasn't been drawn down too far it will still bounce back close to 13v or over within a about 30 seconds after the load is taken off. And as Sag stated they take a charge very fast so that is cool to see in the graphical format.

ON the Horsepower thing Demonic was correct. WE just assume higher horsepower means you built the motor a bit, maybe have more cam, and more compression so we just give rough ideas to the Customer to go larger on the battery so they are not under-powered. But in reality it is not an accurate info point. I have seen some 700+ motors that start super easy becuase they are built loose.... and then I have seen other motors in the 700HP range that need to prime and take a good 20 seconds to start.... but I don't really want to recommend small lithium batteries for 20 second start attempts... that generates alot of heat. In those circumstances you need a higher Amp hour and larger battery size.. just to have overhead and not stress a battery so much... but that is talking a seriously built motor....

imbadatthis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Any concern with resetting the BMS when going from the Antigravity to the stock battery?

She's going back in for oil consumption and I don't trust the dealership not to f up the battery so swapping it back to stock. And ya I'd prefer not to if I don't have to.
Sponsored