Jmeo's "Take 2" 2017 Auto Build

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
It was nice day and good times putting that massive heat exchanger in Jays car. Wish we could all come down and have another heat exchanger party for yours. Maybe we'll do mine when we get together this summer at your place. Thanks for the props on the sound tube, and rest assured I'll likely always be improving for ease of instal and form and function.
Sponsored

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It was nice day and good times putting that massive heat exchanger in Jays car. Wish we could all come down and have another heat exchanger party for yours. Maybe we'll do mine when we get together this summer at your place. Thanks for the props on the sound tube, and rest assured I'll likely always be improving for ease of instal and form and function.
Jaime is about midway for all of us. Maybe we'll all have to meet up one day this summer!

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Jaime is about midway for all of us. Maybe we'll all have to meet up one day this summer!
That would be awsome Rob. Look forward to meeting you:cheers:

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Nice stuff Jaime.
That's awesome that the new heat exchanger is made by Whipple and Ron Davis. Ron Davis has a great reputation with the pro-touring scene. They make a great product.
Agreed and that's why I'm happy to have one of the prototypes :)

Awesome pics and info as always Jaime. Looking forward to your synopsis on the BND Aces IV, oil and coolant. It has really done well for me as you know. Glad your heat exchanger is there and I know how excited you are about that. Looking forward to those pics so I can reference any tricks with mine. Looking forward to the next updates.
Hopefully by end of day tomorrow this will be in and filled with my BND coolant :headbang:

Excited to grab my 102 Octane kit lol. Thanks for the pics and Fuel man Dave lol
Good stuff my friend I hope you get yours soon :thumbsup:

Knowing you there will be more inovation put into this great idea you came up with lol. It's starting to sound like we are gonna need way more than 3 days with all the things your adding to the wish list haha.

I would love for you to come up this way Rob it would be great to meet you. I have purchased my ticket to the AM show in August are you going?

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I would love for you to come up this way Rob it would be great to meet you. I have purchased my ticket to the AM show in August are you going?
I wish I could but I'll be in a Navy school until August 29th :/

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Today I installed my Whipple heat exchanger and flushed out the coolant so I could fill with QuantumBlue from BND Automotive. Install was a breeze, just swap the hardware from the existing heat exchanger and hang it.

First thing I did was trim the hose at the input connection so it wouldn't kink itself

I trimmed a couple stick on wire tie mounts and stuck them to the front bottom of the heat exchanger to help hold the hose in place. I also used a long wire tie to help support it close to where the new extension hose attaches to the existing hose.

I am very happy with the outcome

To flush out the system for the new fluid I made a jumper wire which I connected to the fuse box and using alligator clip jumper harnesses clipped to the terminals of the ICP

I disconnected the return hose from the filler neck and added another length to reach a bucket placed at the front of the car. Then I poured in one gallon of distilled water and powered up the ICP to flush until I heard the pump get air. I did this 7 times until the fluid was nice and clear.

Here is a video of how well this worked

[ame]

I had to play chemist to get the proper mixture since there was a lot of distilled water still in lower manifold but using a Prestone antifreeze tester I got it done

As you can see I got my Whipple carbon fiber air box cover installed to :headbang:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Finally installed my new CJPP/Magnaflow resonated X mid muffler

I cut mine to be plug & play with my Borla x pipe and Borla mid muffler.

My setup is Kooks long tubes into Kooks "green" cats into mid muffler into Borla mid pipes into Roush quad tip active exhaust

Cold start video with Borla mid muffler

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]iHt9KfGrsck[/MEDIA]"]

Cold start video with Magnaflow resonated X mid muffler

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]Na7gbL5RdqE[/MEDIA]"]

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I like :D

You have to copy the desktop link from the address bar not the "Share" link. Change it to that.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I like :D

You have to copy the desktop link from the address bar not the "Share" link. Change it to that.
Thank you and thank you :thumbsup:

Pheo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Working on it
I hope one day, when I manage to finish saving up enough to get my own mustang, It'd be a pleasure to meet up with you guys somewhere :thumbsup:

I'll definitely be keeping this log in my bookmarks because you have a great amount of clear and detailed info in here.

Sponsored

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Sounds awesome Jaime. :clap2::headbang:

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I hope one day, when I manage to finish saving up enough to get my own mustang, It'd be a pleasure to meet up with you guys somewhere :thumbsup:
I'll definitely be keeping this log in my bookmarks because you have a great amount of clear and detailed info in here.
Absolutely lets make it happen

Sounds awesome Jaime. :clap2::headbang:
Thanks Dave :D

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
The new resonator seems louder. Was that the goal? Sounds good.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The new resonator seems louder. Was that the goal? Sounds good.
Yes, it was what I was looking for. Car sounded great when it was stock headers and cats into Borla X pipe into Roush active but it got too loud when I installed Kooks headers and "green" cats. I then swapped the X pipe with a Borla mid muffler and it took away a little too much idle and low RPM volume although under WOT it sounded great.

Having the active exhaust I can tone it down to very quiet with the turn of the knob but I wanted more volume when in the loudest setting and this was a step in the right direction.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, it was what I was looking for. Car sounded great when it was stock headers and cats into Borla X pipe into Roush active but it got too loud when I installed Kooks headers and "green" cats. I then swapped the X pipe with a Borla mid muffler and it took away a little too much idle and low RPM volume although under WOT it sounded great.

Having the active exhaust I can tone it down to very quiet with the turn of the knob but I wanted more volume when in the loudest setting and this was a step in the right direction.
It'll get a little louder still after a couple hundred miles.
Sponsored