Sponsored

Jack for Convertinle

Wanka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Gt Convertible
Hi folks, looking for info on a jack for 2017 GT Convertible. Of course it didn't come with one and has proven to be an inconvenience. Is the jack any different from the regular Mustang? I was thinking of trying to pick one up from a wrecker. Is this feasible and are there any special instructions for jacking a convertible?
Sponsored

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 VB mach1 HP 6SP
Hi folks, looking for info on a jack for 2017 GT Convertible. Of course it didn't come with one and has proven to be an inconvenience. Is the jack any different from the regular Mustang? I was thinking of trying to pick one up from a wrecker. Is this feasible and are there any special instructions for jacking a convertible?
https://www.oemford.parts/oem-parts/ford-spare-tire-kit-mini-fr3z1k007c?c=Zz13aGVlbHMmcz13aGVlbHMmbD0zJm49Q2F0ZWdvcnkgUGFnZSZhPWZvcmQmbz1tdXN0YW5nJnk9MjAxNyZ0PWd0JmU9NS0wbC12OC1nYXM=

Fortify your Mustang V6- I4 and GT coupe or convertible with this kit thats sized just right for stay-put storage in the covered trunk well. 18 x 5.0 aluminum wheel - includes tire and valve stem. Scissor jack. Wrench attached to jack during storage. Retainer bracket with bolt and washer. Easy to install. no drilling required.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Verts and Coupes have similar jacking indent points on the side below the door for front and back lifting. I have that kit in my vert.

It's only good for 18" tires.

CVCashmere

Richfl01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt convertible
If I mis speak here, let me know. I am an old timer, always have a spare in the car. Let me give u my 2 cents.
1. You can sometimes find used mustang(correct year) spare tires on facebook or craigs list and save a ton of money.
2. The car is lifted from the pinch welds, which is pretty a standard nowadays...you dont need to get ripped off by spending a bunch on the ford jack...just go to walmart and look at the torin scissor jack.
3. They sell on amazon special pucks for lifting from the pinch weld. Many are rubberized to avoid scratches.
4. Not true on 18" wheel only...I have the 19" black accent wheel and all is good. The only time you would have a problem is if you have the performance package with the brembo brakes.factory spare does not fit front brembo.
5. Keep other things in your trunk in a duffle bag such as:
Long bar for removing nuts as they are gonna be tight
Really good 6 point socket
Portable plug in compressor
If you are so inclined, a good plug kit for on the road repair.
Gloves
Towel for laying on ground

And to answer your original question there is no difference between the convertible and hard top.

OP
OP

Wanka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Gt Convertible
Thanks for the info. Old guy here too. Always had a spare, X wheel wrench and jack all. Kind of much for the Stang. I was always skeptical of those small tire spares?

Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Even though the spare tire will fit on a non-PP car with 19" wheels (like mine), you are running 3 19" tires and 1 smaller tire. OK for emergencies only as the size difference of the diameter may/may not cause a handling issue.

CVCashmere

OP
OP

Wanka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Gt Convertible
Thanks, I thought that might be an issue...

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I use this in my PP1.

If you have a Torsen diff?

Don't run a different overall diameter wheel and tire on the rear at all.

https://www.automotiveauthorityllc....-2015-2017-ford-mustang-gt-with-brembo-brakes

1657771093398.png

Last edited:

KnightStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT convertible
https://www.oemford.parts/oem-parts/ford-spare-tire-kit-mini-fr3z1k007c?c=Zz13aGVlbHMmcz13aGVlbHMmbD0zJm49Q2F0ZWdvcnkgUGFnZSZhPWZvcmQmbz1tdXN0YW5nJnk9MjAxNyZ0PWd0JmU9NS0wbC12OC1nYXM=

Fortify your Mustang V6- I4 and GT coupe or convertible with this kit thats sized just right for stay-put storage in the covered trunk well. 18 x 5.0 aluminum wheel - includes tire and valve stem. Scissor jack. Wrench attached to jack during storage. Retainer bracket with bolt and washer. Easy to install. no drilling required.
This is what I bought as well.
(Mine originally came with oem air compressor, instead of the spare).
I also bought those amazon puck adaptors for my garage jack.

33DD04DE-5938-47F3-BC5E-7990DEA24282.jpeg

Sponsored

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Nice posting for spares, I still think after paying over 40k for a car it sucks you don't get one with the car. Especially since they can sell one to you... ;-|

OP
OP

Wanka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Gt Convertible
Well guys, I've been looking for one of those spare kits with jack and there are none to be found in Canada. A stand alone jack for this car is over $250 Canadian, for a screw jack?
Looks like I will try to order one and if I'm lucky, I'll have it for next season..
Sponsored