Sponsored

I've Had Better Days...

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
So... In the number 1 lane cruising up 101 near Arroyo Grande and I see cars braking ahead. I start to slow when I see it: an 8 or 10 foot ladder in my lane, spinning in circles.

In the space of about a half second, I simultaneously stand on the brakes, check my rearview mirror, and glance at the number 2 lane to my right. No relief anywhere; if I keep braking, I'm going to get rear-ended for sure not to mention a potential chain-reaction crash behind me for stopping in the number 1 lane, the guy in the number 2 lane has kept perfect pace with me in my braking, thus preventing me from escaping to the right, and there's nothing but a very narrow, ice plant-filled mess in the center divider. So, slowed to about 30... I drive over the ladder which has stopped spinning and is now perfectly perpendicular to my direction of travel. I will not ever forget the sound or the jolt or the notion that everything on the underside of my Bullitt will be shredded by the aluminium ladder-monster. As I drive over the ladder, I take another quick look in my rearview and see that the guy behind me opted for the ice plant and is now stopped at about a 30 degree angle to the roadway.

I jump off the freeway at the next off-ramp and take a look under the car. Everything seems ok but I call the Ford dealer in San Luis Obispo anyway: "Ooooh, yeah... better let us take a look at it."

Result: Some scrapes on the muffler and a fresh alignment. No tire or wheel damage and the car drives great.

I don't know whether to hold my breath and hope nothing else shows up or consider myself blessed and lucky that no one was hurt, not even Lt. Bullitt.
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Be thankful it's not a Tesla or it would be totaled. And dmg to the battery and it's a gonner. Glad ur okay.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Time to go to Pismo and have a beer!

OP
OP
CAL Captain

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Time to go to Pismo and have a beer!
Or maybe Tac-Corona Tuesday at Zorro's in Shell Beach.

Love those guys.

OP
OP
CAL Captain

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
OP
OP
CAL Captain

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang

Sponsored
OP
OP
CAL Captain

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Damn, sounds liek you got REAL lucky! Glad no one was hurt.
Yes, I think I fared better than the guy behind me who is probably still picking ice plant out of the front/side of his car.

OP
OP
CAL Captain

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Be thank you it's not a Tesla or it would be totaled. And dmg to the battery and it's a gonner. Glad ur okay.
Man, there are a LOT of those things around here. Uglier than the original sin.

OP
OP
CAL Captain

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I’ve had similar adventures. Glad you’re perfectly fine and the car is overall okay!
Yes, we are good. Wife is still talking about it, though. :shock:

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Damn! Sucks that it happened but thankfully it wasn't too bad.

I had anxiety reading it! Years ago in my 94GT I had a ladder fall off a trailer in front of me and by sheer luck it stayed straight until I passed over it and then it started spinning.
Sponsored