OP
OP
CAL Captain

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
No damage to front end, bumper, etc?!!. You, sir, are lucky!!
Nothing, according to the mechanic who looked at it. Just some scrapes to the mufflers and a new alignment.

I'll be keeping an eye on it for a while, though.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CAL Captain

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Damn! Sucks that it happened but thankfully it wasn't too bad.

I had anxiety reading it! Years ago in my 94GT I had a ladder fall off a trailer in front of me and by sheer luck it stayed straight until I passed over it and then it started spinning.
Yow! Glad you missed it!

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Sounds like the "Mustang" Gods were riding with you that day. I am happy to hear no one was hurt, and no major damage was caused.

OP
OP
CAL Captain

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Sounds like the "Mustang" Gods were riding with you that day. I am happy to hear no one was hurt, and no major damage was caused.
Yep, the spirit of Frank Bullitt himself. What's a ladder when you can jump hills?

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I was a Cop for twenty years. If you would like, I can tell you about the scores of people I saw who were killed in auto accidents; including children?

Perspective brother..., perspective!

Sponsored

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
As someone who’s on the road a lot for work, I always try to leave an escape route . But sometimes you just can’t. And isn’t that when these things always happen? Glad you, your wife and the Bullitt are OK Cap.

moosestang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Vert
Reminds me of the time, 15+ years ago, I'm driving down the interstate, convertible, with the top down . Cement truck is up ahead, and a flat shovel flys off if,doing cartwheels 50 ft. in the air. Managed to avoid it without being decapitated.

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Nothing, according to the mechanic who looked at it. Just some scrapes to the mufflers and a new alignment.

I'll be keeping an eye on it for a while, though.
When I was under the back of my Bullitt checking out my fading exhaust tips I noticed a 'black box' with some electronic and other connections behind the IRS. I'm guessing it's the controller for the active exhaust, but I thought 'Wow, that thing's pretty exposed.' Is your active exhaust working?

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
Sometimes it just comes down to shit luck, many years ago I was following behind a car towing a horse float. All of a sudden a piece of wood flew off the tailgate of the horse float and came spearing through my radiator like a javelin, all I can assume is the horse did one almighty kick inside that float.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
The black box is the charcoal canister

Sponsored
OP
OP
CAL Captain

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I was a Cop for twenty years. If you would like, I can tell you about the scores of people I saw who were killed in auto accidents; including children?

Perspective brother..., perspective!
I wasn’t a cop for 20 years but I was one for about 4 years. That’s probably one of the reasons I didn’t stop and let the pile up happen behind me. At least I hope so.

OP
OP
CAL Captain

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
As someone who’s on the road a lot for work, I always try to leave an escape route . But sometimes you just can’t. And isn’t that when these things always happen? Glad you, your wife and the Bullitt are OK Cap.
Thank you. I don’t know if the guy next to me thought he was doing me a favor by blocking my escape route but things are ok.

OP
OP
CAL Captain

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
When I was under the back of my Bullitt checking out my fading exhaust tips I noticed a 'black box' with some electronic and other connections behind the IRS. I'm guessing it's the controller for the active exhaust, but I thought 'Wow, that thing's pretty exposed.' Is your active exhaust working?
I run in “My Mode” which has the track exhaust set. I haven’t noticed any difference. Would there be a fault light of any kind?

Your tips are fading???

OP
OP
CAL Captain

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Reminds me of the time, 15+ years ago, I'm driving down the interstate, convertible, with the top down . Cement truck is up ahead, and a flat shovel flys off if,doing cartwheels 50 ft. in the air. Managed to avoid it without being decapitated.
Wow!

OP
OP
CAL Captain

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Sometimes it just comes down to shit luck, many years ago I was following behind a car towing a horse float. All of a sudden a piece of wood flew off the tailgate of the horse float and came spearing through my radiator like a javelin, all I can assume is the horse did one almighty kick inside that float.
I’m sure it was easy to explain to the insurance company.
Sponsored