It FLOATS!

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Contact @tj@steeda and he can guide you on what parts you need for your goals.
Sponsored

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
I know what you mean, and I agree it's an awesome feeling. I've experienced the same in a Mini Cooper S (which stands to reason, since it's also made by BMW). That little car was a real gem as far as handling and steering feel were concerned. But it dislodged all my tooth fillings over just a few miles, on a road that prior to that drive I used to think was perfectly smooth. 😁
Perfect car for fun, but not something I'd take for a six hundred mile trip in one go.
Honestly, I never found the ride in my E85 to be "jarring". Firm but not tooth rattling.

I am no expert, but I am certain that suspension design is series of compromises and tradeoffs. American manufacturers like Ford trade a bit more towards ride "comfort" and cost savings whereas European companies like BMW trade a bit more towards driver experience are willing invest a bit more (reflected in the selling cost, of course).

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Recently, I was driving at a brisk pace to learn about the 2019 GT that I bought two weeks ago. I did not expect it to FLOAT like a 1970’s Lincoln at high speeds. The road was smooth and did not have holes. It had a slight turn but was otherwise featureless.

What are the best improvements that will maintain a good ride? I prefer roadracing and autocross, but will occasionally run at the dragstrip. A Steeda G-Trac K-member brace and IRS subframe brace should help.

The GT has always felt soft. Even though it’s not a PP1, it should drive better than this. For reference, I have spent the last eight years in a BMW 335Xi and the last three years in a Porsche Cayman. Those cars are tight and nimble. The Porsche was essentially a luxury go-kart.

The Mustang is fun, nice looking and powerful, but sloppy.
Hi Rob,

We can certainly take care of you & since you are in FL - you have some options to either come by, look to have it installed at either in Valdosta, GA or Pompano Beach, FL ... & with Black Friday right around the corner, I am sure we can get you a great deal :)

Shoot me an email to tim @ steeda & we'll get you take care of - advice is free!

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
Recently, I was driving at a brisk pace to learn about the 2019 GT that I bought two weeks ago. I did not expect it to FLOAT like a 1970’s Lincoln at high speeds. The road was smooth and did not have holes. It had a slight turn but was otherwise featureless.

What are the best improvements that will maintain a good ride? I prefer roadracing and autocross, but will occasionally run at the dragstrip. A Steeda G-Trac K-member brace and IRS subframe brace should help.

The GT has always felt soft. Even though it’s not a PP1, it should drive better than this. For reference, I have spent the last eight years in a BMW 335Xi and the last three years in a Porsche Cayman. Those cars are tight and nimble. The Porsche was essentially a luxury go-kart.

Feels planted to me at 120. But I came from a 2000 GS300 with worn out struts. That thing would float at 80 over small bumps on the freeway :cwl:

Sponsored

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs

I had the same experience with a 2022 Mustang GT non pp1….I did the FP street handling pack, changed tires, strut brace and it now handles like a performance car should.

OP
OP
WERA49

WERA49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Roush Supercharger Premium 401A
Everyone, thank you for the links and information. The chassis is excellent, but needs some minor bolt-on mods. There's no room for a strut tower brace due to the Roush supercharger. I'm not going to lower the engine just for that brace.

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
Everyone, thank you for the links and information. The chassis is excellent, but needs some minor bolt-on mods. There's no room for a strut tower brace due to the Roush supercharger. I'm not going to lower the engine just for that brace.
You might have room for just the cowl brace , and there is always the many front subframe braces to choose from.

OP
OP
WERA49

WERA49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Bazooka, that is a great idea. I had not considered adding the cowl brace. I will install a Steeda lower K-brace in the near future.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I had not considered adding the cowl brace.
There is an extension brace that needs to go on with the cowl brace. It should come with the cowl brace but it does not.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WERA49

WERA49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
There is an extension brace that needs to go on with the cowl brace. It should come with the cowl brace but it does not.
Thank you sir. I did not know that. In my searching, I haven't seen the extension for sale. Is that something is found found used on eBay? Or does an aftermarket company make the extension?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I haven't seen the extension for sale. Is that something is found found used on eBay? Or does an aftermarket company make the extension?
Ford makes it and it is installed from the factory when a car is ordered with the braces.

I'll find a part number when I have a bit of time. I think it is under 20 bucks and it is needed.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Love my pedders adjustable coilovers. Can dial it in to exactly how you want it. Much more planted. Have done 194 mph and its smooth and controlled at all speeds. I also have most of steedas stop the hop kit other than the differential bushings.
194 mph???
…sure……

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
194 mph???
…sure……
I did 194 mph... Only stopped accelerating since I had no idea how fast I was going since the speedo stops at 160 and I thought I was over 200. Wasn't planning this I was just doing 100-150 for fun but this day I had like 3 miles ahead of me with no cars and good weather and I just stayed in it. Heres me hitting 167 on video on this same location attempting 60-130 and 100-150 pulls

I had to calculate my speed from RPM, gear ratio, tire size and gear.

My car has 800+ rwhp.

If you dont believe me, I dont care but I am not a liar.
Sponsored

Last edited: