Sponsored

It FLOATS!

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I did 194 mph... Only stopped accelerating since I had no idea how fast I was going since the speedo stops at 160 and I thought I was over 200. Wasn't planning this I was just doing 100-150 for fun but this day I had like 3 miles ahead of me with good weather and I just stayed in it. Heres me hitting 167 on video on this same location attempting 60-130 and 100-150 pulls

I had to calculate my speed from RPM, gear ratio, tire size and gear.

My car has 800+ rwhp.
The 800hp explain it.
still I would be worried about tires, suspension and aero not being up to snuff for those type of speed
Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
The 800hp explain it.
still I would be worried about tires, suspension and aero not being up to snuff for those type of speed
I have pedders coilovers , car is raked a bit so not worried about too much air going under. Seemed really smooth honestly it wasnt sketchy other than just covering so much distance so fast and being WOT for like 15-20 sec starting at 60 worrying about the motor on that long of a pull, but ive done tons of datalogs and everything looks good. TBH I was scared of the tires too my rears are only rated to 168 mph so I was nervous as fuk near the top speed.

Shepherd308

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT
Maybe with low profile run flats, I can't say this is my experience with my E46 330 or my E39 M5, nor my fathers E85 Z4 or my mothers F15 X5.

There is certainly truth to this and I'm not a suspension tuning expert with the answers, but my M5 can power out of turns easier than the Mustang can. That car just grips and grips.

The S550 suspension is really really similar to a E90 though, Ford just had to give it a very average suspension tuning setup to make the masses mostly happy. The bones are there, you just need to add some subframe bracing and better springs/dampers. I'm still on the stock PP1 springs/dampers but the CB005, J&M shock mounts, BMR Vertical links and front K member brace made a tremendous change on how the car goes over bumps, hunkers down in a turn and gets rid of that floaty boaty feeling. I have Bilstein B8's and BMR minimal drop / handling springs going on this winter.
You have a link to the Bilstein B8s I can't run the B6 shocks since I'm lowered on steeda progressives

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP

Shepherd308

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT
well this is embarrassing because I did actually buy b6's, but my BMW brain had b8's on the mind when I wrote that post. I bought these to pair with my BMR springs. Steeda even sells their springs with b6's https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-2423-s550-lowering-springs-bilstein-dampers
I emailed steeda and they told me the warranty with Bilstein wouldn't hold up if I ran it with that setup. They told me the B8s would be better suited but I don't see any with the mounts for the bottom.

Screenshot_20230317_123844_Yahoo Mail.jpg
Sponsored