Drag sway bar worth it?

Ghost5O19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT
new here and I have a 19 GT with cradle lockouts and vertical links and was wondering if the steeda drag sway bar is worth doing? Car isn’t anything crazy, just tune, exhaust and intake but was looking for any little thing I could do to help 1/4mile. Thanks
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Try disconnecting one of the end links on the front sway bar to help with weight transfer to the rear. I believe Steeda mentioned that in one of their drag racing tips. The only benefit I can see in going with a drag race rear sway bar over the factory one is a little weight savings. If you’re shaving weight off of the car wherever possible to go fast, then it would be a good idea.

S550 Recon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
'22 CF150
Generally speaking, IRS vehicles do not suffer from "Body roll" in a drag race scenario because they have very minimal body roll.

Due to the fact they do not suffer from excessive body roll, sway bars front and rear have very little effect on them. The old school "remove or disconnect the front bar for better weight transfer" was only really a thing because, it promoted body roll.

At the end of the day, removing sway bars (front OR rear) has never technically been a good thing for drag racing. With the S550 though? You can remove them with no issues and benefit from weight savings. I have removed both Front and Rears on a few of my S550s with zero negative effects.

AAD Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aadperformance.com
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
S550 5.0 2.9L Whipple AAD Drag Pak
changing sway bar for drag racing is pointless, unless its lighter and your goal is to reduce weight.
Sponsored