Sponsored

Issue with GT350 reverse lock out?

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
I have the Barton version. Steeds makes one too. They are for regular Mustangs but will work on GT350. Just needed to remove the o-ring on the shifter so it would slide easily. No noise or rattle.
Sponsored

Roy_350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 Edge ST, 2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Keyser_Soze

Raceseng lockout is high quality part well worth the price of admission and delivery was spot on. Install was completed in nothing flat.

In use is where the conundrum happens for me. Raceseng machined aluminum lockout would reach harmonic balance with the shifter assembly during deceleration the noise would actually drown out the exhaust. To say it’s annoying would be an understatement so I bought another stock shifter boot assembly and I’m back running that. I also have the FP red shift knob installed so that may be a contributing factor to the noise.

I have done the “field upgrade” posted on YouTube by Auto Fanatic to reduce shifter noise which helps a lot with the stock shifter assembly but did not help out at all reducing noise with the Raceseng lockout.

I do clearly expect there to be noise to go along with all the theater a GT350 provides. But the vibration noise was not only annoying but distracting while back road hooning.

I’ll close with I don’t fault the Raceseng part I think it’s a nature of a flat plane motor and some of the compromises that goes along with that.

Thank you for the kind words on the color, blue or darker colors do seem to highlight the lines of the car nicely.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I do clearly expect there to be noise to go along with all the theater a GT350 provides. But the vibration noise was not only annoying but distracting while back road hooning.
I don't have this vibration noise you describe. I have 2019 GT350 with the build date of 2/2019.

Roy_350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
I'll add I'm running FP short throw shifter which might play into this.

Roy_350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone else notice when you run windows down the shifter and tunnel around the shifter becomes warm to hot?

Sponsored

Keyser_Soze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 in VB, '13 F150
Thanks Roy - I managed to fix my issue, and don't have any issue w/ the stock lockout (other than it being flimsy and one day breaking). I like the action and the appearance of the stock ring.

The Raceseng folks say the Billetworkz knob would be a no-go. $240+ is steep for a shift ball and a little lockout mechanism.

Aliasghulam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alias
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Dealer is telling my '19 R is being held by Ford for an issue with reverse lock out.

Anyone in the same situation?

Anyone heard of this specifically for a 350?
I had the same issue with mine so if you take the shift knob off and both boots the accual shifter has most likely moved up its doesn’t cost anything to fix just take a dead blow hammer and hammer the shifter down to your liking or until you cant see the black under the shifter and then put it back together all done

Lightningblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noe
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT PP1 6 speed
Failed during a backroad blitz this weekend, lucky I didn't get into a place I needed reverse!

Details
3/19 build date
FP Short throw shifter installed by dealer
Also completed the Auto Fanatic rattle/buzz "upgrade"
5,9XX miles on the clock

Ordered Raceseng lockout.

7552E3FA-7A57-4386-98ED-A3605D9FC379_1_201_a.jpeg
Yea mine snapped like that and replaced it with a billet one just needed to remove the o ring and fix. It just rattles however it broke again today when my third gear locked out but the billwt didn’t snap…. BTW it’s a 2018
GT with a GT350 stater sooo I think I got the GT350 transmission since a regukar GT stater doesn’t fix. Ford doesn’t do to
Many things right
Sponsored