Sponsored

Is Wengerd performance or Lund tuning good ?

5.0_Lojos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I went with Wengered although Lund is a house hold name and are known to be one if not the best (As YOLO pointed out, If you get tuned other than Lund your probably Lund tuned anyways.... šŸ˜ƒ) all jokes aside, Wengered is awesome and gets back to you ASAP. I am also boosted and his tunes with some revisions have been spot on first time around. Just recently added a 2018 Mani and of course he sent me the revision and reviewed my 6k Pull with no added revisions necessary. The car felt strong and on point... I'd say go Wengered. He is very low key but definitely knows what he is doing.

furdfan2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Complicated...

Wengerd when I was tuned by him gave you a lot more personal relationship than Lund will.
Maybe this has changed but when you are tuned by Wengerd you are tuned by him and he will email you and learn your car and you. He will respond after typical business hours and sometimes on the weekends.

Lund sets you up with one of their employees. So it can be a hit or miss if you like the person or not. They seem to forget the mods on my car and don't respond after typical business hours. They will give you preferential treatment if you pay more and if you have a social media preference.

As far as the actual tuning goes I would say I like Lunds tunes more. Lund has put a lot of time in getting their base tune files working really well and making sure there are very little kinks. I have also heard they have gotten inside info from Ford and Whipple to fix issues in their tunes. Wenderd had issues tuning my JLT cai (which I can not find any issues with and Lund claims is fine) and he had issues with my transmission shifting with paddle shifters (he told me this issue has since been fixed). To be fair Lund has had issues with making my car faster and sometimes they send me tunes where clearly something is majorly affected and the car is way slower and they just shrug it off.

As far as who to choose, idk. I want to start tuning the car myself because I am picky and I want to really dial my car in. If you are 10r80 and want to do fbo e85 and want to be fast I would say Tricky Performance. Anything else and everyone's opinions are different. One person will have a great experience and one person will have a terrible experience.

Good post and factual.

Sponsored

rolfe.oliver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT350 Tribute, 1971 Mustang Mach 1
I am a fan of Lund. I had a 14 GT500 tuned by them and they will tune my 350. Truth of the matter is that no one has more expertise or experience by volume with coyotes, than Lund.

I have no experience with Wengerd, but he seems to be a new hotness and people seem to like him. I can't speak on his ability or reputation.

Lund has the customer service and tuning teams to get you set up and tuned within a couple revisions. If you are N/A, you will likely be done in one tune.

People hate on Lund because of Alex's YouTube channel and Lund's attitude when it comes to wacky setups. We are at a point in the coyote world where all the recipes have been created and the best mixes are known. People want to reinvent the wheel because they think they found some unknown sauce. When Lund says, "this works better, do this, not that", people take that as a personal attack to them.

My vote is Lund.

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
I am a fan of Lund. I had a 14 GT500 tuned by them and they will tune my 350. Truth of the matter is that no one has more expertise or experience by volume with coyotes, than Lund.

I have no experience with Wengerd, but he seems to be a new hotness and people seem to like him. I can't speak on his ability or reputation.

Lund has the customer service and tuning teams to get you set up and tuned within a couple revisions. If you are N/A, you will likely be done in one tune.

People hate on Lund because of Alex's YouTube channel and Lund's attitude when it comes to wacky setups. We are at a point in the coyote world where all the recipes have been created and the best mixes are known. People want to reinvent the wheel because they think they found some unknown sauce. When Lund says, "this works better, do this, not that", people take that as a personal attack to them.

My vote is Lund.
Most mustang owners don't care about that non sense. They care about good customer service which Lund lacks. You're already spending a ton of money to most people just to have a basic tune. If you have any type of problem they will always chalk it up to a mechanical issue and charge you to even bother to look to see if there is a problem. Dog shit service.

Sponsored

S14Wolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big K
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Vert with Stg2 Whipple
NGL... Had lund tune the Whipple on mine and the part throttle and around town was light years ahead of what was in it. This is really nice as it's made 700HP boring/linear and predictable. Drives nicer than a factory gt500. In the realm of daily driver stuff it works great. I kinda miss the rowdy tune but I don't miss it in traffic and the lund makes more power and better mileage. Sooo I should just be thankful. They do run the numbers and WOT it does what it's supposed to as well.

GrayMater22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium
I just purchased a Wengerd tune, 93 tune for a JLT and Texas Speed headers. Getting the hard parts installed soon and will upload tune. Will post back once its functional. Have heard and seen many cars tuned by him and they are all spot on so far, hence my purchase from him.
Please do a post after the tune, I currently have a steeda 93 and 114mm cai tune, but steeda does not do tunes for LTH's which I am planning on this year, so I am considering Wengard when I get the LT's. Thanks!

rolfe.oliver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT350 Tribute, 1971 Mustang Mach 1
Most mustang owners don't care about that non sense. They care about good customer service which Lund lacks. You're already spending a ton of money to most people just to have a basic tune. If you have any type of problem they will always chalk it up to a mechanical issue and charge you to even bother to look to see if there is a problem. Dog shit service.
Not true at all. Lund will reply to emails instantly and get you tuned up within one or two days. 99% of issues on vetted tunes come down to install error or missing facts.

sdskinner73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 premium GT A10 3.55s
Look on YouTube for HPR, Zander13, and Stangmode. They have all used Wengerd for tuning. They all said good things about his Tunes and transmission tuning.
StangMode needs to disappear. How many times has his GT500 blown up now? Supposedly gets rebuilt by his mechanic who knows everything. Someoneā€™s lying