Is this solid info on the new GT350? Very interesting information

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Have a look at this. Not sure I have seen this posted here?

Ok here's the latest on the GT350 program.

Names:
I'm now completely confident that name will be GT350. The race car versions will follow the same naming convention for the FR500 and Boss 302 programs. This is a SVT car and will also have the Shelby name on it although Shelby America will not be involved. There will be four models:

GT350 – the base GT350 similar to the Boss 302.
GT350 B/P – similar to the Boss 302 Laguna Seca. This is the higher performance GT350 or street legal track day special. B/P stands for SCCA B Production and pays homage to the original cars. The original GT350 won it's very first B/P race and went on to capture the SCCA 1965, 1966 and 1967 B Production championships.
GT350R - for IMSA CTSC GS class racing, the enduro racer.
GT350S - for World Challenge GTS class racing, the sprint racer.

Availability:
The GT350 will be announced at the 2014 LA Auto Show most likely on November 21st the first public day of the show. Look for GT350Mustangs.com to be there for the live announcement. The first we'll see the car at a race will be in the CTSC GS class at Daytona in January 2015. IMSA let Ford race the Boss 302R before production began as they did with GM and the Z/28. Look for the production cars to be available at the earliest in Summer 2015 most likely as a 2016 model. It could be a 2015 model but who really cares?

Engine:
Sorry but no flat plane crank. I know there's lots of rumors on this but it just doesn't make sense for the price point or for the production class racing. If Ford is working on a FPC look for it in a Mach 1 or GT500 a couple of years down the road. What the engine will have is 520 HP in a 5.2L engine with a redline of 8,000 RPM's. While the Boss engine has been pretty bullet proof the weak link has been the valve springs. Look for improved flow in the heads with hardware that can take 8,000 RPM's during the durability testing. To feed those heads there will be a new intake similar to the Cobra Jet intake but with a few tricks added to it to take advantage of the increase flow through the heads and larger bore. A new larger throttle body will be paired with the intake. Shorty headers will be stock but with slightly larger primaries to take advantage of the increased flow. The really big news will be the GT350 will be the first Mustang with direct injection.

Brakes:
We've already seen mules with carbon ceramic brakes with 15" rotors in the front and 14" rotors in the rear. They will be matched with six piston front and four piston rear Brembo calipers. This time around the B/P will have more track oriented brake pads compared to the base GT350.

Wheels and tires:
The GT350 will have Michelin Pilot Super Sport in 295/35/19 and 265/35/19 on 11" and 10" wide wheels. This will open up larger rubber on the stock wheels come replacement time.

The big news is the GT350 B/P will have Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires. It's possible they could show up with Pirelli P Zero Trefeo R's but it will depend on what manufacturer Ford contracts with.

Suspension:
The cars will have Multimatic dampers with DSSV technology. The base GT350 and B/P will have different valving but will be identical otherwise. The beauty of this is you can upgrade the base dampers with the B/P cartridge for more damping control. Yes I know the Z/28 has them too but Multimatic uses the same technology in F1 cars so think of it in those terms. The R and S cars will also have DSSV dampers with remote reservoirs on them. The street dampers will have nothing in common with the race dampers other than using a DSSV cartridge and being made my Multimatic.

Differential:
No electronic controlled diff like the new Stingray. Look for a Torsen similar to the Boss 302.

Transmission:
Sorry but the Getrag MT82 remains the stock transmission. Look for improvements in durability and smoothness. The transmission will have an auto blip feature.

Clutch:
Look for a twin disc clutch similar to what Ford uses in the GT500.

Driveshaft:
It will have a carbon fiber driveshaft similar to the current GT500.

http://gt350mustangs.com/index.php?topic=76.0
Sponsored

91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
Man I hope so, sounds really good; though I am still holding out for the GT500. However, this level of suspension with twin 67's..........:headbang:

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
That's a great deal of detailed information that would make sense. Someone went to a great deal of work to make all of that up and make plausible if it's bad info...

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Honestly sounds like a lot of wishful thinking. That's how I would build the next Hi-Po model, but I fear the car will either be too expensive to care about or only be a mild improvement over the base GT.

Sponsored

deven2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deven
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Premium GT w/ PP
The problem I see with them saying the 350 will be "similar to the Boss 302" is that I hear repeatedly time after time from the Ford design and management team is that their benchmark for the 2015 GT was to surpass the Boss 302... why would they want a 350 that is similar to it when the 2015 GT is already supposed to surpass it?

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
The problem I see with them saying the 350 will be "similar to the Boss 302" is that I hear repeatedly time after time from the Ford design and management team is that their benchmark for the 2015 GT was to surpass the Boss 302... why would they want a 350 that is similar to it when the 2015 GT is already supposed to surpass it?
Saying similar to the boss doesn't mean similar performance. All it means is the car's purpose is similar to the boss. I.e. being more of a track car than the standard GT. Now that the GT will surpass the Boss, expect the 350 to be that much better than the Boss.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Saying similar to the boss doesn't mean similar performance. All it means is the car's purpose is similar to the boss. I.e. being more of a track car than the standard GT. Now that the GT will surpass the Boss, expect the 350 to be that much better than the Boss.
^ THIS ^

Rob WH

Gettin' old
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
1987 LX coupe(and others), 14 Escape
2.3L? There goes the credibility....
Probably just left out "V8" or "5L" there, not considering the 2.3L because it wouldn't be part of a GT350 package.

That said, we're still only hoping. Heck, we're still only hoping to get the true and real specs on the 15 GT! For that matter, true and complete specs altogether would be nice. :shrug:

C00KIE M0NSTER

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
The author sounds just like ThePill. It is PURE speculation with no facts, and no inside info. Nothing to see here. :thumbdown:

Sponsored

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
Honestly sounds like a lot of wishful thinking. That's how I would build the next Hi-Po model, but I fear the car will either be too expensive to care about or only be a mild improvement over the base GT.
I hope the 350 turns out to be like the Boss 302...Mildly more expensive but a good bang for the buck. If it gets in Corvette $$$ territory its going to dissuade a lot of buyers.

OP
OP
Todd15Fastback

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
The author sounds just like ThePill. It is PURE speculation with no facts, and no inside info. Nothing to see here. :thumbdown:
How do we know what credibility you bring to the table to dispute what is posted by that user?:headbonk::headbonk:

OP
OP
Todd15Fastback

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
What's his source?
Don't know. I have never frequented that site and saw it was posted on FB yesterday via another Mustang group. Thought I would share.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
I think this is educated guess work, but guess work nonetheless. I'm doubtful on DI on the gt350 for the first year, but maybe if they couldn't pull a FPC off then they went DI route. I still think it is speculation at best
Sponsored