Is this solid info on the new GT350? Very interesting information

deven2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deven
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Premium GT w/ PP
Saying similar to the boss doesn't mean similar performance. All it means is the car's purpose is similar to the boss. I.e. being more of a track car than the standard GT. Now that the GT will surpass the Boss, expect the 350 to be that much better than the Boss.
I don't agree. They SPECIFICALLY SAID performance wise, they want to surpass the Boss 302... But I get the rest of your post and that was my point, expect the 350 to be THAT MUCH better than the '15 GT.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I don't agree. They SPECIFICALLY SAID performance wise, they want to surpass the Boss 302...

"They" being Ford said the new GT would surpass the previous Boss 302. But this thread isn't about Ford information but rather speculation from another forum member. Don't confuse the two. This thread is saying the new Hi-Po(GT350) model will take the place of the Boss 302 in the lineup, not that it will have similar performance to the old Boss 302.

deven2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deven
Vehicle(s)
"They" being Ford said the new GT would surpass the previous Boss 302. But this thread isn't about Ford information but rather speculation from another forum member. Don't confuse the two. This thread is saying the new Hi-Po(GT350) model will take the place of the Boss 302 in the lineup, not that it will have similar performance to the old Boss 302.
I understand all of that, but it will have better performance than the GT, which is supposed to be better than the 302. That was my point.

I was also responding to a different comment, not original post. That is all.

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
Agree

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
The problem I see with them saying the 350 will be "similar to the Boss 302" is that I hear repeatedly time after time from the Ford design and management team is that their benchmark for the 2015 GT was to surpass the Boss 302... why would they want a 350 that is similar to it when the 2015 GT is already supposed to surpass it?
I understand all of that, but it will have better performance than the GT, which is supposed to be better than the 302. That was my point.

I was also responding to a different comment, not original post. That is all.

None of what you said has any relavance to the topic of this thread. "Similar to the Boss 302" doesn't mean similar performance, but a similar position in the Mustang lineup.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
I don't agree. They SPECIFICALLY SAID performance wise, they want to surpass the Boss 302... But I get the rest of your post and that was my point, expect the 350 to be THAT MUCH better than the '15 GT.
And if the 520 HP rumour is true, they are looking specifically at the z/28. I wonder how it will stack up, I mean hell, if the gt beats a boss... I think the z/28 will have its hands full at the very least.

GTsquid

How do we know what credibility you bring to the table to dispute what is posted by that user?:headbonk::headbonk:
Considering most of their info comes from different auto sites, some of which link to this very forum, I would say they have no special info. It is not so difficult to cull together the well-known rumors, add a dash of your own speculation and end up with something that sounds halfway believable.

Most of this info has already been speculated in the threads in this subforum.

WestRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3
If the Gt350 price point will be around 52k, then I don't think the argument should be about beating the Z28 which won't be easy, but more about the overall driving experience. Will the gt350 be as fast as the C7 which will have the same base price if a bit higher? With all GM talents that is as fast as the Corvette can go (considering it's a 2 seated with much lower center of gravity), so for $52k, I am not sure how you can make a car go faster. The Z28 is a $75k car with performance close to the C6 Z06.
Anyway, as for engine, a 5.2L 520hp with 8k redline and with good honest top end response should be good enough. Next would be trying to take out weight.

WestRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3
And if the 520 HP rumour is true, they are looking specifically at the z/28. I wonder how it will stack up, I mean hell, if the gt beats a boss... I think the z/28 will have its hands full at the very least.
Do you think the GT350 can beat the regular C7? With all the talks about beating this and that, nobody bothers to ask how difficult it is or how much money it would take?

Sponsored

deven2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deven
Vehicle(s)
Exactly. And to refer to the person who asked "how much money it would take" to beat a C7, etc.: The C7 is a little under 2x the price of the premium gt w/ PP and I assume it would be still around the same amount more than a 350... so I would hope it would be a little faster (but you won't know until it comes out). The only catch is all the new engineering FINALLY being put into Mustangs. That is why this will be my first Mustang, and my first car ever bought brand new or ordered.

124 days...

deven2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deven
Vehicle(s)
None of what you said has any relavance to the topic of this thread. "Similar to the Boss 302" doesn't mean similar performance, but a similar position in the Mustang lineup.
... I said that the Ford team OVER the Mustang project CLEARLY SAID that their benchmark was to SURPASS the Boss 302 with the 2015 GT, and they said they have done it.

I'm pretty sure that's right on topic... and not sure why you're being condescending since you apparently are taking me out of context.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Because we had both said the same thing. The op said the 350 will be similar to the boss. He did not mention performance. You took saying they are similar as they will have similar performance. We were trying to explain to you what similar meant in this case. And that it has nothing to do with performance beyond being a more track oriented car than the gt. And yes we know the performance goals of the gt but that bears no relevance to the similarities of the boss 302 and the 350. They are model trims, that's it.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
To Deven:
Ford said the GT performance will surpass the old Boss 302.
This article said the new GT350 will be similar (in terms of design intent and placement in the product lineup) to the old Boss 302.

This article is not talking about performance at all, just about the position in the lineup and the intent of the design. In other words, the GT350 is NOT intended to be like the current GT500 for example.

When you first mentioned your concern over performance due to the "similar to Boss 302" statement, I interpreted that to a misunderstanding of what this article was referring to.

Regarding the article itself, I would be pretty happy if the GT350 ended up as they are saying. Most of their points seem like natural extensions of the GT, and therefore seem plausible.

Some areas of the article that stand out:
1. No FPC for the GT350 due to cost, but maybe one for a later model. This does not make sense as the later model would seemingly be even more expensive and therefore even more limited. Seems like you'd either get the FPC in many HiPo versions to amortize development cost, or no FPC in any version at all. I still believe that no FPC at all is more likely.

2. Detailed power and RPM limits. We can't even get the power for the GT engine due to be out later this year. Not sure I trust any numbers for the HiPo engine that is another year further out. 520 HP with an 8000 RPM redline would be awesome though.

3. MT-82 with rev matching. No experience with the MT-82 other than what I've heard about on forums. Sounds like the weaknesses are less about the transmission internals and more about the shift linkage. Hopefully relatively easily remedied for all 2015 models. The rev matching would be great, as long as it is easily defeatable for those who want to heel-toe on their own.

4. Multimatic shocks. The shocks on the Z/28 have been well reviewed, and Multimatic is working with Ford Racing I believe, so using those shocks on the GT350 seems plausible.

5. Twin disc clutch and CF driveshaft are both nice updates that would reduce inertia and weight. Both seem like valuable and plausible additions.

FWIW, I also thought of ThePill when I read this article, because the style of writing is similar, and the race versions (with the S and R) reminded me of some of his thoughts from other threads (maybe the GT350 vs Z/28 thread).

No matter where the info came from, I wouldn't mind at all if it is correct. All these updates would make one heck of a car IMO.

-T

on d bit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jk
The problem I see with them saying the 350 will be "similar to the Boss 302" is that I hear repeatedly time after time from the Ford design and management team is that their benchmark for the 2015 GT was to surpass the Boss 302... why would they want a 350 that is similar to it when the 2015 GT is already supposed to surpass it?
SVT knows it would get crucified if they took a step back with any car. That said they are not going to with the next SVT Mustang. Outright power will be down, but so should weight. Areo should be better and drivetrain more efficient. Yes the new SVT will compete with the 13 GT500 in acceleration.
Every other performance category will be the new SVT Mustang by a significant margin. Better handling, better braking, better track times, etc. Not just better than the GT or Boss, but better than the 13 GT500!
Sponsored