Is this guy serious?

YankeeVol

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT/CS, '22 F-150 Tremor
You make a good point as I bought a beat-up non-running 65 Mustang with a 289 in the past as a project and got it to a running condition. It was simple enough that I was able to get a generic wiring and fuse box combo to replace all the frayed and cracked under hood wiring, in addition swapping to an aftermarket small block ford intake manifold and carb.

Unfortunately, modern cars have less shareable parts. so I foresee demand for specific parts be less. For example, you can't just go to a junk yard and get a manifold and rest of the EFI system from a 5.0 F150 and expect them to work on a Mustang GT.

My greater concern is that we may not even be able to get gas in the future, in addition to less interest in cars by the younger generation.
That partially falls on parenting. Not that kids will like everything you like, but you have to share the experience/passion.
Sponsored

Last edited:

YankeeVol

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Vehicle(s)
Wasn't the 2015 50th anniversary edition also Wimbleton White?

*he say's its a 2020 exclusive color

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Wasn't the 2015 50th anniversary edition also Wimbleton White?

*he say's its a 2020 exclusive color
It's 'exclusive' 'in' 2020 on a GT350. Word play.

YankeeVol

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Vehicle(s)

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
I don't get it. We recently had a '14 GT500 that only had 1,320ish miles. It stilled smelled new.

I don't get not driving it. That's the damn point!
For some people, it's more about "owning" than driving.

It's also a matter of scale. A few years back, I started collecting antique hand tools. I use many of the tools that I have collected, but not all and I certainly don't need them all. Of course, my entire collection is worth far, far less than a set of tires for a GT500, but if you have the money to "collect" cars, you might look at driving vs owning differently than the rest of us :)

Sponsored

YankeeVol

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Vehicle(s)
For some people, it's more about "owning" than driving.

It's also a matter of scale. A few years back, I started collecting antique hand tools. I use many of the tools that I have collected, but not all and I certainly don't need them all. Of course, my entire collection is worth far, far less than a set of tires for a GT500, but if you have the money to "collect" cars, you might look at driving vs owning differently than the rest of us :)
I also "own" and "collect" things*. I don't just let them sit, so to speak.

*while not on the scale of a GT500, it's a decent enough amount of money to most folks. But it's really not about the money, it's about the use, or lack there of.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
For decerning buyer who rather a Mustang GT350 than a Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Porsche, Mercedes-AMG, Astin Martin, GT500...

kmetz77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Conv. 16 Cadi SRX 18 Cadi XT5
Can't blame him for trying. It is a nice car. I'd pay $90k or so for it. I paid $85k for a non R Heritage. Holding on to cars, not driving them and keeping them garaged, insured, charged, and in mint condition is a lot of work and not cheap. Driving them is my game. I already put R type wheels on mine and would love to find a nice R wing and splitter for cheap. God bless the person who can afford to pay $230k for it.
I agree with you. I bought my 2016 GT vert mainly as a summer weekend car. i'm loving it so much it's now my daily driver all summer unless I need the SUV for something. Don't know if I would ever own a collector car I didn't drive. For me the fun is in driving it. I'm not looking forward to winter when it will be parked for 6 months.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
For decerning buyer who rather a Mustang GT350 than a Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Porsche, Mercedes-AMG, Astin Martin, GT500...
Agreed but I would think of possibility that the buyer already has those or a similar collection and just wants a ā€œnewā€ R. Still feel they could find it elsewhere for less but as stated before, people spend money on anything.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

Sponsored

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
Yeah, he is always a bit overpriced, but it worked. The Super Snakes he was selling I saw him starting to sell them for $125k then up to $150k then up to $170k and apparently he was getting the money. Now everyone is trying to sell their Super Snake for stupid money. I think he is seeing what the R's are bringing on BAT and trying to push the market even higher.

The 2015R for $300,000 I guess is maybe a decent price .... IDK. If 2020 HE R's are going for $110 - 150k when there are so many of them built, why shouldn't a super low production 2015 R get even more money?

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
The 2015R for $300,000 I guess is maybe a decent price .... IDK. If 2020 HE R's are going for $110 - 150k when there are so many of them built, why shouldn't a super low production 2015 R get even more money?
I would agree if thinking from a pure money-no-object collector standpoint. I bet a non-radio or a/c optioned 2015 would be the holy grail of GT350R's. I think those numbers were low. Which is why they dropped the option in like 2018 I think it was.

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
The market is still crazy...the real problem is that people are paying the ADM and other crazy markups. I really hope another pandemic comes along and puts a few of these dealers out of business.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
The market is still crazy...the real problem is that people are paying the ADM and other crazy markups. I really hope another pandemic comes along and puts a few of these dealers out of business.
Youā€˜re hoping for another pandemic?

Really?

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Those dealers are already out of business...they just don't know it yet theirs heads are so far up their arses.

Just wait couple years. Buy nothing now unless need it to subsist.

Realestate markets are starting to collapse stopping all consumer leverage and cash. Soon you will go to stupid Ford dealer and offer them $15K below MSRP on base GT and they will beg LOL.

Its not like there is no competiton haha.
Iā€™m afraid that loud whooshing noise you just heard was the sound of my post flying right over your head.
Sponsored

Last edited: