is she totaled??

bluto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
One man's trash is another man's treasure... yeah, its totaled and if I owed money I would take the payout. If I owned it free and clear I would take the payout and build a track car.

That being said, I'm on the receiving end of a totaled fully loaded 2017 that I picked up for almost nothing. I rebuilt it with tons of add-ons and spent half of what a clean titled car would have cost me.
Sponsored

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT M6 PP ESP Magnetic
My '15 GT had almost exactly that same damage a week ago, with the exception that the airbag did not deploy. $15K and fixable. The airbag might be the tipping point however.

OP
OP
GtWill

GtWill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
My '15 GT had almost exactly that same damage a week ago, with the exception that the airbag did not deploy. $15K and fixable. The airbag might be the tipping point however.
it cost 15k to fix? the issuance company fixed it, and 15k$ for what exactly

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT M6 PP ESP Magnetic
Yes, the estimate was $15K - front left fender, hood, bumper, headlight (the single most expensive fix), rad crossmember, all the suspension components for the front right wheel, new rubber, fix wheel, those are most of the major parts. They are ordering parts today. It's uncanny how similar the damage looks to OP, again except for airbag. I suspect if the airbag deployed then it might have been a write off, the straw and the camel's back and all that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GtWill

GtWill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
Yes, the estimate was $15K - front left fender, hood, bumper, headlight (the single most expensive fix), rad crossmember, all the suspension components for the front right wheel, new rubber, fix wheel, those are most of the major parts. They are ordering parts today. It's uncanny how similar the damage looks to OP, again except for airbag. I suspect if the airbag deployed then it might have been a write off, the straw and the camel's back and all that.
you mind showing me the damage done to your car?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
It all depends on the cars acv or actual cash value they usually total the car at 75% of the acv. Like other people have told you if it totals you have the option of keeping the car. I wouldn't even begin to guess if the car is a total with out seeing it in person and knowing the acv. There is a chance of hidden damage that's the main reason for totaling it out at 75% of the acv. It also depends on your insurance companies policy how they like to handle things. Acv can be determined by the red book and the nada book or it can be done by computer If I remember right that's called CCC. They take into account mileage and any old damage not related to the accident.. Good luck in whatever happens. I wrote comments on this because I used to be a auto damage appraiser.
I was going to mention the Red and Black books - but that would just spin people’s heads... because most think that when a car is in an accident, that the Ins Co uses the same “Blue book” or “NADA” values available to the public, which is the furthest from being 100% accurate. The aforementioned books are not available to Joe Public, and are only available to licensed entities in that line of business hand by a subscription.

Most don’t know that Body Shops, Ins Co’s and Financial Lenders use very different guidelines or “guides” when it comes to ACV formulas, let alone the varying State Guidelines for the net % that draws the line for determining a wreck as a total loss.

In fact, most aren’t aware of ACV either when it comes to a total loss claim - OR that they have the ability to keep the wreck (if desired) with of course an obvious deduction taken from the payout.

Your input is appreciated!

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I was going to mention the Red and Black books - but that would just spin people’s heads... because most think that when a car is in an accident, that the Ins Co uses the same “Blue book” or “NADA” values available to the public, which is the furthest from being 100% accurate. The aforementioned books are not available to Joe Public, and are only available to licensed entities in that line of business hand by a subscription.

Most don’t know that Body Shops, Ins Co’s and Financial Lenders use very different guidelines or “guides” when it comes to ACV formulas, let alone the varying State Guidelines for the net % that draws the line for determining a wreck as a total loss.

In fact, most aren’t aware of ACV either when it comes to a total loss claim - OR that they have the ability to keep the wreck (if desired) with of course an obvious deduction taken from the payout.

Your input is appreciated!
Sounds like you worked in the industry.
Sponsored