Is My Rear Bumper the Wrong One?

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
So did the sensors become standard in 18 ups? My base 19 has them and I just assumed they were standard for the whole s550 run.
Possibly with the 2018 model year.
Sponsored

OP
OP
xl_cheese

xl_cheese

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Thanks, Howitzer! I thought I'd missed something in the VIN breakdown, but I appreciate the clarification. This thread intrigued me because about the only way I could tell a Premium car at a glance was the leather seats. Never realized the rear valance was different, too....
I haven't gotten my Mustang yet, so I'm spending my time on here studying, and this gives me one more thing to look at to see if the car is "right". And I'm sorry the OP figured this out after he bought his car...
I'm not too concerned about the bumper. I bought the car with it needing little work. I had to replace the front bumper with some other parts like wheel wells, etc.. The rear bumper was popped out. I ended up repairing all the clips with some JBweld intended for bumpers. It worked pretty well, but not perfect.

OP
OP
xl_cheese

xl_cheese

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Well, I was going to say yes, though a ford VIN lookup...I thought this info used to be available through Ford ETIS...but...It looks like they've disabled most functionality. You could always purchase a build sheet/window sticker using the VIN and that would show everything the car came with if you really wanted to know. Maybe there's some other system out there that can, besides Fords own private systems, but I doubt it.
I did a car fax before buying and it gave me the window sticker.

Mustang2017WindowSticker.jpg

StangersInTheNight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Sticker also says 'spoiler delete'.
Sponsored