There goes my bumper

njudd921

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 FORD MUSTANG GT PP
So today I pull up to a stop sign behind a car, 100 yards from my house. I see his reverse lights go on and he starts backing up. Hit the horn and before I could throw it in reverse he hit me.

I have a police report and all of his info, but I think I’d rather just pay the price of a bumper and do it myself rather than take a hit on the carfax and deal with insurance.

Drop your recommendations on bumpers here! Painted would be nice so I can just throw it on.

Thanks guys!
C3A0150D-DB1C-414B-BF0B-2A5A1D75C573.jpeg
08A49789-96D2-4B11-994B-44A21C87BF46.jpeg
Sponsored

UnknownCars

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 6.0
I don't know if all police department are like this but when someone rear ended my old car their was no real damage but police came to take a report and even with no insurance ever involved when I went to sell the car the accident was on the Carfax because of the police report

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Search for “new take off”. Sometimes you can pick up a brand new bumper from a Rousch conversion or similar.....

OP
OP
njudd921

njudd921

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 FORD MUSTANG GT PP
Invest in a dash cam, this is a common insurance fraud scam
Honestly wouldn’t doubt it. The guy was an asshole. I had my wife and son in the car and he started getting loud. My wife recorded him saying he was backing up to park. At a 4 way corner and stop sign?! When my wife yelled you can’t park at a stop sign he decided to get loud with her and that’s when I lost my cool and she called the cops. He also told the cop he was on is gps at the time, yet the house was literally 50 feet from the stop sign telling me he didn’t even know the house he was going to, and his license showed he lived an hour away. shady much? Not to mention he moved his car before the cop showed up, even he cop said where is the other car?

Ok rant over. Not a good night. Just want to get it fixed asap because the weather here in Michigan is awesome and I’ve only had the car 3 months!

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Yes, hit up eBay - there’s always S550 bumper covers (take offs) in a variety of colors... usually range in the $300-$500 range depending on overall condition and color popularity.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
If your worried about the car fax when you trade. File a diminished value claim now.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Honestly wouldn’t doubt it. The guy was an asshole. I had my wife and son in the car and he started getting loud. My wife recorded him saying he was backing up to park. At a 4 way corner and stop sign?! When my wife yelled you can’t park at a stop sign he decided to get loud with her and that’s when I lost my cool and she called the cops. He also told the cop he was on is gps at the time, yet the house was literally 50 feet from the stop sign telling me he didn’t even know the house he was going to, and his license showed he lived an hour away. shady much? Not to mention he moved his car before the cop showed up, even he cop said where is the other car?

Ok rant over. Not a good night. Just want to get it fixed asap because the weather here in Michigan is awesome and I’ve only had the car 3 months!
only 3 months old, sorry to hear. Yeah it doesn’t make sense why he would be in reverse...

If your worried about the car fax when you trade. File a diminished value claim now.
What does this mean exactly?

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
My wife was rear-ended twice in the same month and the second one they filed a police report and it isn't listed on the Carfax.

I'd honestly use it as an opportunity to upgrade to the IKON GT500 bumper.

OP
OP
njudd921

njudd921

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 FORD MUSTANG GT PP
My wife was rear-ended twice in the same month and the second one they filed a police report and it isn't listed on the Carfax.

I'd honestly use it as an opportunity to upgrade to the IKON GT500 bumper.
I have been looking at gt350 bumpers, that gt500 bumper is badass. I overlooked it before because its displayed with the snake emblem and says Shelby, but when you see the actual black primed bumper they ship, it doesn’t have them. Now you have me thinking.

everything I find on eBay is damaged, which is expected from these crowd killers.

Anybody have an idea of what it’s going to cost to have it painted? I won’t be able to call any shops until tomorrow. Just trying to get an idea of what it’s going to cost all together.

Sponsored

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
About 7 or 8 days.........best to send a chunk of your old one so they can match the color perfectly....I was impressed OEM parts and about 50% of local price shipped!!

Call 'em and see what they say!!

OP
OP
njudd921

njudd921

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 FORD MUSTANG GT PP
About 7 or 8 days.........best to send a chunk of your old one so they can match the color perfectly....I was impressed OEM parts and about 50% of local price shipped!!

Call 'em and see what they say!!
Thank you. Their reviews are excellent. Think I’m just going to go that route rather than switch to an aftermarket bumper. The front splitter I just put on won’t fit an aftermarket bumper anyway.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
These guys did a GREAT job on my 2014 rear bumper cover.....give 'em a call......may surprise ya!!:like:

https://www.paintedoemparts.com/
yeah that’s a great suggestion I am going through that now with the dealer. They have to my lower rocker panel on my mustang due to a defect. I hope the shop does an amazing job. I might need to look into this as a back up or secondary option.
Sponsored