There goes my bumper

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Gerber collision, they are nationwide, worked quickly and cool guys.

So the diminished value claim is still in the works. I contacted a company online called Auto Loss. They charge 275$ to prepare a 15 page report describing who they are (insurance adjusters basically), and compare the pre collision value to the after accident value. They list comps in the report for reference and have a calculation they use which gave me a claim value of $3166. That was sent into the guys insurance company yesterday. They advice giving them 2-3 days before contacting them to follow up, and give you the ins and out as to what they expect them to say and how to respond in case they try to fight it.

At the end, if the insurance company refuses to pay, they refund the 275$.

I will reach out to the Friday if they don’t call me, and judging by how the accident claim went, I expect them to try to deny it.

well glad the paint work came out alright and they matched it. Dealer with the dealer and some idiots to try and match Oxford white.
I did look up Gerber collision all on the west of Florida none on the east.
Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Add me to the list of needing a front bumper. Rear ended a guy in a right hand turn lane last evening. I saw him start to leave as the lane was open and clear and I inched forward and waited for my clearing. He decided not to go for some reason. We worked it out and I paid him to replace his tail lamp. No info was taken, no one called. 3-5 mph max. Exact same location as you. tad bit more damage though. Couple small cracks. I was shocked considering how slow and the short distance.

Guess I have to get the GT 500 kit now... I will go through Ikon or 777 and go with the pre painted and hope for the best. Ingot silver.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Add me to the list of needing a front bumper. Rear ended a guy in a right hand turn lane last evening. I saw him start to leave as the lane was open and clear and I inched forward and waited for my clearing. He decided not to go for some reason. We worked it out and I paid him to replace his tail lamp. No info was taken, no one called. 3-5 mph max. Exact same location as you. tad bit more damage though. Couple small cracks. I was shocked considering how slow and the short distance.

Guess I have to get the GT 500 kit now... I will go through Ikon or 777 and go with the pre painted and hope for the best. Ingot silver.

Never heard of ikon or 777

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide

Do it!!! :sunglasses:
61C1A840-DBF5-4BE4-A192-FB6DD9B58B23.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Your pics are what did it. Just unreal. Worried my 16' paint won't match.

What turn signals are those. They compliment the kit perfect.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your pics are what did it. Just unreal. Worried my 16' paint won't match.

What turn signals are those. They compliment the kit perfect.
My car is a 2018 and uses the stock turn signals. Just take them out of the stock bumper and install to the IKON bumper. Since yours is a 2016 I’m not sure what turn signals the 15 - 17 uses. Mine is Ingot silver and IKON paint match is pretty good. No complaints.

https://www.ikonmotorsports.com/fit...-style-front-bumper-cover-replacement-pp.html

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Oh ok, yea mine don't look like that. Ill see if the 18+ are compatable.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
That’s cool that they paint match. I learned that even though you can say a color they still need to match it.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s cool that they paint match. I learned that even though you can say a color they still need to match it.
When you order the bumper you can have it painted or unpainted. They ask you the paint code. Or tell them your color and they tell you the color code. The black center portion of the bumper is a black gloss plastic piece and can come imprinted with or without the GT500. I got it without the GT500 imprint.

If you have any questions just give them a call.

• 15305 Stafford St. City of Industry, CA 91744
  • Tel: (626)968-8660
  • [email protected]
  • Monday - Friday: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm

Sponsored

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
When you order the bumper you can have it painted or unpainted. They ask you the paint code. Or tell them your color and they tell you the color code. The black center portion of the bumper is a black gloss plastic piece and can come imprinted with or without the GT500. I got it without the GT500 imprint.

If you have any questions just give them a call.

• 15305 Stafford St. City of Industry, CA 91744
  • Tel: (626)968-8660
  • [email protected]
  • Monday - Friday: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm

Well I had a defective rocker panel from ford and they are sending it to a shop to get painted which my car is Oxford white and they are struggling to try and match it... wish I could’ve ordered the part color matched...

OP
OP
njudd921

njudd921

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 FORD MUSTANG GT PP
How did the diminished value claim come out?
So far no luck because of Michigan laws. The company dealing with it wants me to get a trade in value and then they will send a demand letter, just haven’t had time.

Mr. Brutus

Mr. Brutus
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brutus
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby
Thanks for the update.

That Michigan "no fault" state stuff sucks! My son got rear ended in a brand new car leaving the Ohio State - Michigan football game in Ann Arbor last year. Just a bunch of crap he had to deal with through his own insurance because of the "no fault" rules.