Leonidas514

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I know, I know... shoot me now

I'm on my second bumper and about the 3rd set of the plastic mounts that the bumper mounts to on the side. No matter what, I have a huge gap. This last time I literally put a dab of epoxy on each clip and it held until I finally got my car back to the track. It literally ripped the bumper off in the left side.

Has anyone used any sort of quick latch or Zues connector on the rear ?

20210905_185852.jpg

20210905_185844.jpg
Sponsored

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Good question. I have broken brakcets but on the front. Not sure what causes this nor do I have a fix.

I am here to bump the thread so hopefully we can get some help.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
@Leonidas514

There's some ways to fix the S550 rear bumper sag, more so if it's a pre-2018 S550.

This link I included the TSB for the Shelby GT350 rear bumper sag, the article may help for any S550:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...slightly-different-issue.128154/#post-2678088

The 2018+ rear bumper redesign also incorporated screws found at the upper L and R top corners, under the taillights. This was a Ford assembly line fix to prevent the rear bumper sag.

This thread here goes into some better details on a DIY with how screws placed in similar spots can also correct the rear bumper sag (with pics and courtesy of @RevyDSM):
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/oem-bumper-re-install.144683/#post-2963367

Stangpop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
My 19 is doing the same thing on one side, I tried epoxy also and it lasted maybe two weeks and now it's bulged out again. I loathe dealer trips especially on smaller issues like this, but my quarter window trim is sticking out also so maybe it's time..

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
The 2018+ rear bumper redesign also incorporated screws found at the upper L and R top corners, under the taillights. This was a Ford assembly line fix to prevent the rear bumper sag.
This is interesting, do you have any further details or photos you could share ?

I ask because my 2020 is slightly low on the right side (like a lot of 18+ I see) but it seems 'firm' rather than 'sagging'.

If there's a screw badly adjusted this might explain it a little - maybe a quick loosen, readjustment and tighten would help ?

Cheers,

WD :like:

Sponsored

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
This is interesting, do you have any further details or photos you could share ?

I ask because my 2020 is slightly low on the right side (like a lot of 18+ I see) but it seems 'firm' rather than 'sagging'.

If there's a screw badly adjusted this might explain it a little - maybe a quick loosen, readjustment and tighten would help ?

Cheers,

Sometimes the issue on the right back side could be the wiring harness gets in the way, causing pressure between the bumper cover and bumper support .

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sometimes the issue on the right back side could be the wiring harness gets in the way, causing pressure between the bumper cover and bumper support .
That's interesting too :like:

Its not like mine has just started to sag, it feels solid and its exactly like it was when I collected it from my dealer (I'm the first owner).

Any pictures or info on the loom routing ? It wouldn't be the first time Ford messed a loom positioning up on my car ... (under the Airbox causing it to sit high).

Cheers,

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
That's interesting too :like:

Its not like mine has just started to sag, it feels solid and its exactly like it was when I collected it from my dealer (I'm the first owner).

Any pictures or info on the loom routing ? It wouldn't be the first time Ford messed a loom positioning up on my car ... (under the Airbox causing it to sit high).

Cheers,

This will help .it's the wiring harness connection that sometimes gets in the way .watch the video at 3:15

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
On one of my Ford visits, the main tech there offered me exactly that after they had done the same for another S550. Quoted me an hours labor which I may take them up on when I get my service and MOT in a few weeks. A very minor thing and hasn't bothered me but would be nice to get it looking neater back there.
Sponsored