Sponsored

Introduce yourself!!

KZStang

Dave -- Really cool stuff dude. Makes my weekend drives seem... very pedestrian in comparison :tsk:

Got any videos of your premium GT on the track? Would love to see how all the enhancements you made perform out there. I really only get to go to the track when I visit buddies in CA. Hard to do much of that where I live.

If you have any videos/pics, it'd be cool to share I think. Maybe in the thread below? Also would be curious to see some behind the scenes of team practices, etc. Rarely get someone with such an unique insider POV into the world of racing.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56

Anyway good luck in Birmingham. Will be rootin' for you guys! :clap2:
Sponsored

Mach1

You my friend, have a cool job :coolphotos:

They ever let you drive the 61 around the track? :D

DarkAgent10

Thanks and yes...it is a very, very cool thing to be a part of. I can tell you that it is a great group of people to be working with. I made all but 2 races last year. I drive to most of them and fly to Daytona and Laguna Seca. I leave early tomorrow morning to drive to Birmingham Alabama for this weeks race. Looks like your sig shows Atlanta...are you aware that Grand Am will be racing at Road Atlanta on April 20th? The Roush teams will be there and I'm not sure yet whether I will be or not....about 50 - 50 chance that I will....I'll find out more this weekend when I with the team at Barber. A good portion of the team come out of Charlotte NC...while others are spread around the country and come together for the races. The cars are kept, prepped and repaired after the races at Roush Fenway Racing in Concord NC....same facility that the RFR Nascar cars come from.
I wasn't aware of that actually. I'm familiar with the road atlanta track, I work most Saturdays but that may just be worth skipping out to attend. I'll let you know if I can attend, would be cool to meet a fellow M6G guy there. You can get me a pic behind the wheel of the #61 right?? Kidding. :D

G'luck and let us know how AL turns out.

OP
OP
Thed

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
First official M6G meet in history at Road Atlanta? Whaaaa?!

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
You my friend, have a cool job :coolphotos:

They ever let you drive the 61 around the track? :D

Heh heh.......No.....they don't!

Thanks....yep....very lucky and don't think I'm not extremely grateful for the experience!

Sponsored

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
I wasn't aware of that actually. I'm familiar with the road atlanta track, I work most Saturdays but that may just be worth skipping out to attend. I'll let you know if I can attend, would be cool to meet a fellow M6G guy there. You can get me a pic behind the wheel of the #61 right?? Kidding. :D

G'luck and let us know how AL turns out.

Behind the wheel? Don't think so. Up beside the car....probably.

First time Grand Am has been at Road Atlanta for a few years I think...looks like it might be a good track for the Mustangs, that will let them use their biggest strength.....horsepower!

crazyfastfreddy

First official M6G meet in history at Road Atlanta? Whaaaa?!
LOL yo lets not get ahead ourselves now but looks like we got some of the eastern coast covered haha... gonna be interesting once this car drops, we'll have peepls poppin up from everywhere world wide. mustangs not gonna be just an american hobby no more folks. :usa:

KZStang

Even without it being worldwide (yet), plenty of Mustang owners of all walks of life already. Just looking at this thread alone shows you that. You have regular family guys who drive theirs to the grocery store and guys involved with Grand Am who take theirs on the track. It's what I love about these cars and forums -- lots of different perspectives.

GTsquid

Hi all, John from AZ. I worked for Ford marketing for 3 years in the early 2000's before moving with my family (AND my then 2002 Mustang, which I upgraded to 2011 GT) to here in Tucson.

I'm very interested in the upcoming model. While I no longer have any insider clout from people I know there, I can tell you that based on how unusually secretive Ford has been and how tightly they've managed to stave off leaks, it usually means there is something major coming. Major overhaul of design, new engines, new chassis, possibly new models that didnt exist altogether. We already know some of this I know, but just saying -- when Ford decides to turn on the marketing campaign, it will come in waves. Quiet before the storm right now ;)

DarkAgent10

Behind the wheel? Don't think so. Up beside the car....probably.

First time Grand Am has been at Road Atlanta for a few years I think...looks like it might be a good track for the Mustangs, that will let them use their biggest strength.....horsepower!
Cool, my girl would get a kick outta that.

Fewer turns and more straightaways out there right? Track looks a little more manageable than others I've seen.

Sponsored

NRMStand

Hi all, John from AZ. I worked for Ford marketing for 3 years in the early 2000's before moving with my family (AND my then 2002 Mustang, which I upgraded to 2011 GT) to here in Tucson.

I'm very interested in the upcoming model. While I no longer have any insider clout from people I know there, I can tell you that based on how unusually secretive Ford has been and how tightly they've managed to stave off leaks, it usually means there is something major coming. Major overhaul of design, new engines, new chassis, possibly new models that didnt exist altogether. We already know some of this I know, but just saying -- when Ford decides to turn on the marketing campaign, it will come in waves. Quiet before the storm right now ;)
Welcome John!

The way they've managed to keep this thing sealed up, it seems like maybe only a handful of people really know the scoop about the 2015 model. Still got any of those inside connex? :)

Unchained

Hello folks - I'm Anders. Came by thru some links on other sites.. a lot of the 2015 sections are kinda dead. Quite the buzz this place has made with the car still a year away.. impressed. Looking foward to finding out more about this mythical car Ford has kept so secret. I'm thinking we see a teaser THIS 17th of April.

GTsquid

Welcome John!

The way they've managed to keep this thing sealed up, it seems like maybe only a handful of people really know the scoop about the 2015 model. Still got any of those inside connex? :)

Sorry, here only as a regular pedestrian. Even when I worked there, wasn't privy to info regarding unreleased models. All but a select group of insiders are walled off from that kind of stuff. I do know how things work there though, which is why to me, the extreme secrecy and how Ford has handled this next gen model publicity wise, has been notable and very telling. We shall see :cheers:

hawkeye

Thanks....I've had a blast doing the work and making the car my own and I guess in my vision of what I want it to look like. And yep...though I've done a few car shows, they are not really my thing. There's not a speck of chrome under the hood. Since chrome doesn't make it go faster, I can't see spending my money on it. I have no problem with those that like to dress up under the hood and else where....it's just not my thing.

Mid America Motorplex...just south of Omaha/Council Bluffs is the track I've probably run most. The Mustang club that I belong to, out of Des Moines ( Mustang Club of Central Iowa ) has a weekend track event there every year....this year will be something along the lines of the 15th year. I've done others around the midwest...and last September was I pleased to make it to the All Ford and Boss Roundup at Motorsport Park Hastings at Hastings Neb. They will be having it again this September....a very cool track weekend with the Ford engineers who put together the Boss program attending, in their own personal Boss Mustangs. I'm not 100% sure about the attendance numbers, but I think it was close to 100 Mustangs...here's a photo of some of them on the grid, waiting to go out on track.

My Mustang club ( MCCI ) will be sponsoring a 2nd track day this fall at the Iowa Speedway at Newton Iowa. They will use the infield road course and part of the oval.

Not sure how many track days I'll get this year. They have to be squeezed in between my regular full time job and the dates for the Grand Am races. Hoping to get at least 3 -4, but we'll have to wait and see how things shake out......lots to do, never enough time to do it all!
Hi Dave... nice to see a fellow Iowan here :) I'm from Cedar Falls. Where abouts are you? My current car is a '11 Escape but looking to add the next gen Mustang if all goes well with the blue oval. I have friends that run the Iowa Speedway though I've never personally. Once I get some miles with the new Mustang, would be interested in checking out MCCI. How many strong is the club?
Sponsored