Sponsored

Interlocking Garage Tile Flooring (Vented or Solid Tiles?)

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
It looks good, but if you're spending any time working on your car, wear contractor knee pads, because it can suck to work on. It can also be a bit of a PITA if you drop small washers, nuts, bits and they fall through the cracks.

I have a 25 year love/hate relationship with kiwi tile. I've put it down and picked it up more times than l could ever count. It does look the part, I'll give it that, but, given the choice, I'd be on epoxy. There's an anti-fatigue industrial version that has just a little bit of springy-news. I think that stuff is the best, but it's also the most expensive and not available to consumers.

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
Yes water will drain through the cracks of the smooth tile, I had RaceDeck. I’m assuming you read my other posts, there were I guess you could say personal issues I had with the tiles so on my other garage floor I went epoxy.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
If you live in a cold weather climate, epoxy is the easiest to maintain. However, putting epoxy down on an old garage floor can be a challenge. Cheap epoxy coverings may lead to disappointing results (cracking, lifting, separating, poor wear, etc.).

You would be surprised how much water on a garage floor is caused by condensation. Epoxy will not help that.
Sponsored