Interior heat problem.

17Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT Pp1
New here, I have a 2017 GT PP1. When I run with my windows down ,my center console around the gear shift gets super hot. But not when windows are up. I’ve checked underneath for heat shield but all is in order.. Has anybody else have this condition. I need help.
Sponsored

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
New here, I have a 2017 GT PP1. When I run with my windows down ,my center console around the gear shift gets super hot. But not when windows are up. I’ve checked underneath for heat shield but all is in order.. Has anybody else have this condition. I need help.
This is the wrong forum for this but this is normal. It's heat coming from the lack of material between you and the transmission tunnel/back of engine. When the a/c is on the cabin is cooler so you just don't notice it as much.

OP
OP

17Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT Pp1
This is the wrong forum for this but this is normal. It's heat coming from the lack of material between you and the transmission tunnel/back of engine. When the a/c is on the cabin is cooler so you just don't notice it as much.
Thank you for the info.

TENTEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 350 GT R
At Track Attack last week I could have put a cold sandwich in the center console and by lunchtime it would have been nice and toasty. You could feel significate heat build up in the transmission but nothing that would cause an engine light to come on. So I would says its pretty normal.

Sponsored

OP
OP

17Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT Pp1
At Track Attack last week I could have put a cold sandwich in the center console and by lunchtime it would have been nice and toasty. You could feel significate heat build up in the transmission but nothing that would cause an engine light to come on. So I would says its pretty normal.
I don’t know, it really gets hot to the point is very uncomfortable to touch. I am baffled. Thanks.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

GaleGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gale
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang

Fixa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
18SS 1LE

Fixa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
18SS 1LE
I applied this product under the entire center console (under carpet) and around the shifter. It has eliminated the heat issue for me. Purchased on Amazon.

Thermo-Tec 14130 24" X 48" One Sided Thermo Guard Flame Retardant

1. 51zfi24etIL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I applied this product under the entire center console (under carpet) and around the shifter. It has eliminated the heat issue for me. Purchased on Amazon.

Thermo-Tec 14130 24" X 48" One Sided Thermo Guard Flame Retardant

1. 51zfi24etIL._AC_SY1000_.jpg
Good to know and thanks from sharing!

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Yeah, I put my phone in there once to connect it to the USB port. Never again. It was really toasty after a long, steady state cruise on the highway. Not likely good for it.
Sponsored