2019/2020 GT350 Interior

Alan GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
GT350 & Jetta R-Line
Hey people - I'm looking to update the center console in my 2018 GT350 with the version from the 2019/2020 model year that has the more premium finish with the grey stitching and 'soft touch'. I have a few questions related to this as I want to do the whole lot in one go and I am not sure of the following:

1) Is the gear stick boot in the 2019/2020 MY different? I think it has grey stitching that matches the console but am not sure?
2) Does the handbrake leather have grey stitching or is it standard black?
3) Is the center console armrest lid black stitched down the middle or grey? I know the standard GT premium is grey stitched down the middle but am not sure about the 2019 onwards GT350?

And last but not least - for those lucky enough to have the carbon dash - am I right in thinking there are 4 pieces to it? The main part that goes above the glove box and up and around the gauges, the small piece to the left of the steering wheel, AND two small pieces on either end of the dash that attach to the lower section and but up against the lower dash by each door? Not sure if I'm going to bother with this as the prices from Ford are silly but may look aftermarket......

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!
Sponsored

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
1) Is the gear stick boot in the 2019/2020 MY different? I think it has grey stitching that matches the console but am not sure?
2) Does the handbrake leather have grey stitching or is it standard black?
Carbon dash has two pieces right(long) and left(short). No other pieces as far as I know.

2019-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT350-interior.jpg

Carbon dash.jpg

OP
OP

Alan GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
GT350 & Jetta R-Line
That's a really helpful picture Ian - particularly of the carbon dash, thanks! I'm struggling to clearly see the color of the stitching on the console lid (center armrest), can you confirm if it is grey or black down the middle? Looks like the handbrake and gear boot are also grey stitched? but hard to tell......I need to get mine out of hibernation to check if those are different as I can't even recall what mine is

DarkSp0t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Long time lurker, first post.

I picked up a ‘16 Tech Pack with 3.3k miles in August of 2020 and had the same idea. I wanted to update it with as many of ‘19 / ‘20 features as I could.

I have already done the center console (I picked parts from a wrecked ‘19) and the researched about the stitching of the arm rest, the boot and the emergency break. I can confirm the stitch is black on all three.

While the OEM Carbon Fiber dash is expensive directly from Ford you can find the OEM parts littered on eBay for around 300 - 500. Just watch about for broken tabs.

I have since also updated the spoiler to an OEM Swing Wing.

I am also looking at doing BLIS / ACC and Puddle Lamps. This looks like a monumental undertaking but this forum has some good walkthroughs if you’re interested.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Alan GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
GT350 & Jetta R-Line
Thanks everyone for the helpful responses! I think that gives me all I need but if anyone has the time for a close up picture of the emergency brake and shifter boot that would be good too :-)

OP
OP

Alan GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
GT350 & Jetta R-Line
Thanks so much everyone for the responses - really appreciate it! This gives me everything I need and saves me the hassle of finding a nearby car for sale to go and view - awesome result!

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Long time lurker, first post.

I picked up a ‘16 Tech Pack with 3.3k miles in August of 2020 and had the same idea. I wanted to update it with as many of ‘19 / ‘20 features as I could.

I have already done the center console (I picked parts from a wrecked ‘19) and the researched about the stitching of the arm rest, the boot and the emergency break. I can confirm the stitch is black on all three.

While the OEM Carbon Fiber dash is expensive directly from Ford you can find the OEM parts littered on eBay for around 300 - 500. Just watch about for broken tabs.

I have since also updated the spoiler to an OEM Swing Wing.

I am also looking at doing BLIS / ACC and Puddle Lamps. This looks like a monumental undertaking but this forum has some good walkthroughs if you’re interested.
If you add the Swing, I suggest you also add the 19 Grill

Sponsored

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
I was going to do these updates as well, but opted to leave things alone. In the end it's very expensive to buy new OEM parts that are stitched vinyl. If it was real leather, I may still have done it. Perhaps finding used ones would make it more cost effective.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Just have an upholstery shop wrap them custom for you. You can choose whatever you want and will be cheaper than upgrading all the OEM stuff and way better quality.