Sponsored

Interested in Tuning

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 17 Charger HC, 16 Challenger HC
I work for a Ford dealership , you tune a Voodoo and your warranty is done , NO Exceptions . Ford is very strict on the Voodoo engines
due to the massive cost of a replacement , Ford does not fix these motors , if its warranty , you get a new one . I have seen grown men
cry in the service area when they find out its $23,000.00 for a new Voodoo installed . Even if you remove your tune , it shows up
like florescent paint when they scan it . This is no joke , BEWARE .

FOR SALE: STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS, JLT CAI, HP TUNER MPVI2 w/4 Credits, FlexTune.
Sponsored

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:sunglasses: Just kidding. Header go on Tuesday. :dance:

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
I will be running “ Boostane “ and my Airaid” air filter for upgrades and not canceling my warranty. I’m thinking cat back system from borla @18 rwhp shouldn’t hurt my warranty? Opinions?

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
I will be running “ Boostane “ and my Airaid” air filter for upgrades and not canceling my warranty. I’m thinking cat back system from borla @18 rwhp shouldn’t hurt my warranty? Opinions?
I don't know about the Boostane, interested in hearing comments.

Sponsored

Lilmags500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 19 F350 20 Fusion Ti 19 Escape Ti
Just DO NOT TUNE IT , that will result in instantaneous warranty refusal by FORD . The bolt on power adders are often not frowned upon , "not often" ....

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The "never void your precious warranty crowd" is always the same in every car community. It cracks me up. People buying GT500s and taking them off the lot to get modded. Same with Hellcats, Demons, you name it. If you want to mod your car you are enough of an adult to understand the risk. There are 2500hp turbo Vipers and Lamborghini Huracans with massive turbos doing 248 mph in the half mile for goodness sake. Those are the extremes. We are talking about minor modifications here. Headers intake and a tune. It's laughable in the world of modifications. But the never voiders scream from the rooftops how you shouldn't do it. Meanwhile their garage queen will likely go out of warranty with less than 15k miles on it because they never drive it anyway. It will never see the track or drag strip. If it does they probably don't buy the appropriate track insurance for it, blissfully unaware that their normal insurance won't cover a damn thing track related. Yet nobody shames people for going to the drag strip or road course. How many accidents and mishaps have I seen there? At least one every outing and many more often times. It should be very clear....if you mod your car you own it. Nothing else should need to be said and yet the never voiders are almost malicious in their hate for modding. It's comical. Just because you wouldn't do it doesn't mean nobody else should. Life has risks. Understand them, mitigate them appropriately and move forward. If the risk is to large for you or you cannot mitigate it to an acceptable level then don't do it. Simple.

If this offends you I'm probably talking to you. Life isn't that serious and nobody gets off this rock alive. Relax.

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
Great points and all of us owning one of these fantastic GT350’s gets to travel their own personal experiences with one . I’m now learning how to appreciate what I have more than what I don’t have. I’m still just learning and enjoying my GT350R. It’s the darn fastest car I’ve ever had and right now it’s better than I am . The thought of having it faster than my brothers Audi RS5 with tuned exhaust is a fun goal ! I hope I can Have my cake and eat it too that is with minor things to do to it to make it faster but not lose my warranty as that would be too expensive for me if something broke. I am happy for those financially ok with a possible 23000 expense . But if not then wisdom is better then being smart .

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great points and all of us owning one of these fantastic GT350’s gets to travel their own personal experiences with one . I’m now learning how to appreciate what I have more than what I don’t have. I’m still just learning and enjoying my GT350R. It’s the darn fastest car I’ve ever had and right now it’s better than I am . The thought of having it faster than my brothers Audi RS5 with tuned exhaust is a fun goal ! I hope I can Have my cake and eat it too that is with minor things to do to it to make it faster but not lose my warranty as that would be too expensive for me if something broke. I am happy for those financially ok with a possible 23000 expense . But if not then wisdom is better then being smart .
Good for you man and enjoy that thing! I took the GT350 on a 76 mile backroad loop today and romped on it as I often do. It is an AMAZING drivers car. Dropped off after I was done for the headers install. Tomorrow she will be on E85. The "problem" if you want to call it that is that modern cars are so good, so advanced and so fast that it's really difficult to do anything to them that actually enhances performance with out dancing with the warranty devil. That is a great problem to have if you ask me though. Performance levels are insane. You picked one of the most engaging and THE best sounding car on planet earth, based on what you've said I'd just enjoy it for a while as is. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The "never void your precious warranty crowd" is always the same in every car community. It cracks me up. People buying GT500s and taking them off the lot to get modded. Same with Hellcats, Demons, you name it. If you want to mod your car you are enough of an adult to understand the risk. There are 2500hp turbo Vipers and Lamborghini Huracans with massive turbos doing 248 mph in the half mile for goodness sake. Those are the extremes. We are talking about minor modifications here. Headers intake and a tune. It's laughable in the world of modifications. But the never voiders scream from the rooftops how you shouldn't do it. Meanwhile their garage queen will likely go out of warranty with less than 15k miles on it because they never drive it anyway. It will never see the track or drag strip. If it does they probably don't buy the appropriate track insurance for it, blissfully unaware that their normal insurance won't cover a damn thing track related. Yet nobody shames people for going to the drag strip or road course. How many accidents and mishaps have I seen there? At least one every outing and many more often times. It should be very clear....if you mod your car you own it. Nothing else should need to be said and yet the never voiders are almost malicious in their hate for modding. It's comical. Just because you wouldn't do it doesn't mean nobody else should. Life has risks. Understand them, mitigate them appropriately and move forward. If the risk is to large for you or you cannot mitigate it to an acceptable level then don't do it. Simple.

If this offends you I'm probably talking to you. Life isn't that serious and nobody gets off this rock alive. Relax.
Relax, yes. You should do that.

Scream from the rooftops, lol. What a joke.

Nothing like a little drama, huh?

Sponsored

Lilmags500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 19 F350 20 Fusion Ti 19 Escape Ti
Listen , Im just telling you guys if you are "under warranty" and your motor blows up and its tuned , YOU WILL NOT BE COVERED . I could care less what anyone does to their car , hell I bought my car in march 2020
with 14,500 miles and it has 20,000 on it now , no garage queen here . I want a cold air intake and tune for mine too , I would love to put a blower on it even more , BUT , a motor is 20 grand and if it blows
I will have a GT350 I cant drive , cant sell , that I am making payments on for the next 4 years . FUCK THAT . Mine also has the notorious , aggravating , piston rattle/ slap issue Ford says is harmless
so if that becomes an issue I want to be covered . Its simply a matter of personal preference and a "roll of the dice" .

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Relax, yes. You should do that.

Scream from the rooftops, lol. What a joke.

Nothing like a little drama, huh?
Oh lawd...did I start forum drama. Was I talking to you? Your avatar is a car on the track and if you read our posts we are basically saying the same thing. Own it and big boy rules. If you feel offended then maybe I was. Difference is I mentioned it in my post as hey just so you know then went back to trying to be helpful with regards to his original post titled Interested in tuning not Will tuning void my warranty? He in fact stated he knows it will. But as always here come all the void your warranty posts. I'm speaking to not just this thread but threads of this nature in general. I suppose knowing the cost of a Voodoo motor is useful information but it also assumes the absolute worst case. Ford won't repair it ..... ok. There are performance shops that can and will. Hellcat motors cost about the same. Those cars are modded heavily on the regular and I myself had to replace a short block on one of mine to the tune of 11 grand with all new forged internals. Personally I think you will end up spending more money and taking way more risk tracking the car. ( I do that also) but I find it interesting if an Interested in Tracking thread pops up people are full of useful information and there aren't a bunch of insurance posts.

I personally bought a 2019 GT350 for the updated motor knowing I would eventually mod it. I could have bought a 2016-2018 for much less money but again, a lil risk mitigation.

Interested in drama. No can't say I am. Interested in discussions about cars and every thing about them. Yep. It's a forum for that. It'd be cool to talk about tuning in and Interested in tuning thread. Let's get back to that.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Oh lawd...did I start forum drama. Was I talking to you? Your avatar is a car on the track and if you read our posts we are basically saying the same thing. Own it and big boy rules. If you feel offended then maybe I was. Difference is I mentioned it in my post as hey just so you know then went back to trying to be helpful with regards to his original post titled Interested in tuning not Will tuning void my warranty? He in fact stated he knows it will. But as always here come all the void your warranty posts. I'm speaking to not just this thread but threads of this nature in general. I suppose knowing the cost of a Voodoo motor is useful information but it also assumes the absolute worst case. Ford won't repair it ..... ok. There are performance shops that can and will. Hellcat motors cost about the same. Those cars are modded heavily on the regular and I myself had to replace a short block on one of mine to the tune of 11 grand with all new forged internals. Personally I think you will end up spending more money and taking way more risk tracking the car. ( I do that also) but I find it interesting if an Interested in Tracking thread pops up people are full of useful information and there aren't a bunch of insurance posts.

I personally bought a 2019 GT350 for the updated motor knowing I would eventually mod it. I could have bought a 2016-2018 for much less money but again, a lil risk mitigation.

Interested in drama. No can't say I am. Interested in discussions about cars and every thing about them. Yep. It's a forum for that. It'd be cool to talk about tuning in and Interested in tuning thread. Let's get back to that.
great, more drama.