Sponsored

How Many Interested in a Track day in Georgia?

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
Thanks for your efforts Tom. I am only 28 miles from AMP and would definitely be interested when you get more dates, etc.
Sponsored

Larrybob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Base With TP
I'm In. Expecting delivery around 2.20. Once get through the first 1000 ready for anything.

OP
OP

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Countdown begins !

Was just told today my R order has moved to Unscheduled Clean. :ford:

Was beginning to think I have been dreaming about this. Sales guy says I should get a schedule date tomorrow. Once I see that, I can begin to zero in on a target date. Will keep you all posted. :D

OP
OP

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I am delighted at the level of interest. Some additional info.

KEY INFO: AMP has a noise level limitation for which there is zero tolerance. There are calibrated noise level sensors around the track. In my experience, most street cars which are muffled will pass. All my cars pass no problem so far.Purpose built track cars generally do not. Hopefully, by the time we do this, I will have trialed my R there and can report back whether it passes. I believe in stock form it should pass.

Option 1 Member Day ($250/d/p)
Member days are run like a DE. 20 or 30 minutes sessions. The day should run 8/9 AM thru 5 PM. Track closes for lunch either 12-1 or 1-2. Arrive early and get teched. We will lay out the detailed schedule later. With enough people (total number of people on track, which would be our group plus any other members that day, probably more than 10 ish), people may be divided up based on driver experience (again, just like a DE). No timing or scoring. You will pay the Club on arrival (not me, I won't take your money). Eligible days are shown on the club calendar (at: http://atlantamotorsportspark.com/calendar/). Look for days marked "diamond".

Option 2 Rent the Track (per person charge will depend on the total number of people). I will inquire about the day rates and get back to see how many people we will need. if we do this, I will need some organizing help, but I hope I can count on some volunteers to help make this happen.

I will watch everyone's feedback and try to answer questions as we go forward. So far, my best guesstimate is somewhere in the April to June time frame. Spring time in Atlanta is why you live here, so the temps should be just right.:clap2:
UPDATE:
OPTION 1: I can host approx 10 folks or so on option 1. Since I am personally responsible for all of you, I will need you to not only sign the required club waivers, but i will ask you to sign a simple waiver for me which states that a) you will abide by any and all direction from club employees, failure to do so may result in your immediate ejection from the club without refund and 2) you are financially responsible for any damage you cause at the club to club property, or for damage to your property (ie you get to buy guard rails if you crash into them...I did already...I own turn 16 guard rail now...bummer :mad:)

OPTION 2: I can rent the track for a day for about $10K. This will require up front financial commitment (not sure how to do that, I am not a business set up for this) and a larger crowd to make it worth while costwise.

EST TIME WINDOW: Guessing sometime in April/May, depending on when my car gets built.

Having said that, I haven't been at the track for a while and may need a track fix before I get the 350. :p If so, I will send out a note on this thread so any interested who wish to try out Option 1 can do so. Will advise.

Rusmarti

rusmarti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Ruby Red, Blk Roof, no stripes
Glad to hear of progress with your R, and looking forward to Option 1 date.

Sponsored

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
NOTE: The website listed on this flyer is incorrect. Should be www.mcamustangexpo.com***

For those of you interested in a "Mustang Track Day" at AMP, check this out. I have run this for the last two years. Its a great price ($199 per day) and its even better if you're an MCA Member($179)!

I'll be there both days. Sign up soon, because the HPDE portion will sell out.

I'm still VERY interested in a GT350 only day!

EDIT! I hate how this site randomly rotates an image. :crazy:
IMG_2207.JPG

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Most definitely! I am in Northern Alabama and would love a track day in GA

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
NOTE: The website listed on this flyer is incorrect. Should be www.mcamustangexpo.com***

For those of you interested in a "Mustang Track Day" at AMP, check this out. I have run this for the last two years. Its a great price ($199 per day) and its even better if you're an MCA Member($179)!

ILTRUN, I might be doing this one. Also, REZOOM at Barber MSP has decent rates for track days. Barber is an amazing track!

OP
OP

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

Thanks for posting Joe. I look forward to meeting some of you there.

Still no movement from "unscheduled clean" as of today's update. :mad:..Well, that's why I have more than 1 toy. :D May just have to dust off the garage queens and get some lap time sooner than later.

If we can get agreement on a weekend date, perhaps we can get a small test group together (option 1). Chime in if you are interested in a Sat or Sun or both on a weekend in March or April? Pls provide dates.

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Thanks for posting Joe. I look forward to meeting some of you there.

Still no movement from "unscheduled clean" as of today's update. :mad:..Well, that's why I have more than 1 toy. :D May just have to dust off the garage queens and get some lap time sooner than later.

If we can get agreement on a weekend date, perhaps we can get a small test group together (option 1). Chime in if you are interested in a Sat or Sun or both on a weekend in March or April? Pls provide dates.
Now that I've moved to a 2017 allocation, I'll need to find a loaner car to attend. :(

Sponsored
OP
OP

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Got a Build Date !

Was just called by my sales guy to inform me that my car has a Apr 4 build date.
Based on comments here, I guess I will get the car about a month later, or so. Progress....:ford:

So, we will have to start zeroing in on a date. May is looking up. I know there is a Mustang event in late May at AMP, so we need to avoid that weekend. :thumbsup:

OP
OP

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
GR236 is Home !

Well, its time to pick a date :headbang:

How about May 15 or 21?

Any takers?

OP
OP

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Dude, you gonna be able to put 1k miles on that R before then?
Dunno, but a worthy challenge. If not, I have others to drive.

Just remembered I have a business trip on 15, so it looks like May 21 is best day for me.

I will need to know how many are interested. This will be the $250/day option and I can host up to 10 or so this time. Pay the club upon arrival, no pre payment required. Am pumped to meet some of you and see your rides. :headbang:

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
Dunno, but a worthy challenge. If not, I have others to drive.

Just remembered I have a business trip on 15, so it looks like May 21 is best day for me.

I will need to know how many are interested. This will be the $250/day option and I can host up to 10 or so this time. Pay the club upon arrival, no pre payment required. Am pumped to meet some of you and see your rides. :headbang:
I definitely want to do this soon but unfortunately May 21st will not work for me. Maybe sometime later this summer we could do another one.
Sponsored