Sponsored

Interested in Tuning

WesS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
I have a 20R and I’m interested in just a Tune. Livernois is not too far away from me. Any issues with tunes and Voodoo engine reliability?
Sponsored

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 17 Charger HC, 16 Challenger HC
Intake and tune? E85? Pump? Flex fuel? Many choices. I'm doing Stainless Works long tube headers, JLT CAI and a flex fuel tune. Very similar if not the same set up as the FATHOUSE fab 600R package. I'm using Corbin at Johnson Tuning who also happens to tune all the Fathouse Cars. Just got the parts in and just read the file from the car with the HP tuner and sent it to Corbin to start the process. Headers should be here next week.

Intake and tune on 93 adds about 30 whp. E85 bumps that to around 50. Long tubes intake and tune on 93 adds about 55 on 93 and E85 about 70whp. This is what I found in my research and that is why I'm going the way I am. More low end torque to boot.

OP
OP
WesS

WesS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
I want to keep things stock so just a tune and possible intake.

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I want to keep things stock so just a tune and possible intake.
Just know technically you are voiding your warranty once you tune it. I really liked what Corbin had to say and I like he does all the Fathouse stuff. I trust him fully. Flex fuel tune is 600 bucks. HP tuner MPVi2 is 299 plus you'll need two credits for just under 100 bucks. JLT is 350. All in you are looking at 1k-1350. Not bad at all. Sales going on right now at Beefcake Racing, Summit and Lethal Performance I think. Usually better if you call them.

OP
OP
WesS

WesS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
Just know technically you are voiding your warranty once you tune it. I really liked what Corbin had to say and I like he does all the Fathouse stuff. I trust him fully. Flex fuel tune is 600 bucks. HP tuner MPVi2 is 299 plus you'll need two credits for just under 100 bucks. JLT is 350. All in you are looking at 1k-1350. Not bad at all. Sales going on right now at Beefcake Racing, Summit and Lethal Performance I think. Usually better if you call them.
Sounds good. Yes I am aware of it. I am thinking for future or when warranty goes up, still up in the air.

Sponsored

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You could also look at the proflex commander for around 795 bucks on sale. Allows you to run flex without a tune. I don't really like them from my research but it's a one part deal and self install no tune required.

I just dove head first into all this myself about a week ago.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
How many stories have I read and seen when peoples warranties were voided because they put a tune on the voodoo? How much of a performance increase will you realize by doing this? This is one engine that I would not tune. If you are willing to own the problem, then go for it. If you are not and can look at a significant rebuild/replacement, then think twice.

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
I did the LUND tune for 93 octane. It is very simple to use the nGauge for programming (or de-programming). I liked it so much, that when a bunch of e85 pumps opened locally, I also purchased their e85R/Flex tunes. Very satisfied. I have seen no downside.

As with any new vehicle, I don't recommend you tune right away. Give it a few thousand miles to break in, and make sure that nothing came wonky from the factory.

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I did the LUND tune for 93 octane. It is very simple to use the nGauge for programming (or de-programming). I liked it so much, that when a bunch of e85 pumps opened locally, I also purchased their e85R/Flex tunes. Very satisfied. I have seen no downside.

As with any new vehicle, I don't recommend you tune right away. Give it a few thousand miles to break in, and make sure that nothing came wonky from the factory.
I think they can tell if it's been tuned, even if the stock tune is put back in.
Not sure about this one.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I have a 20R and I’m interested in just a Tune. Livernois is not too far away from me. Any issues with tunes and Voodoo engine reliability?
The answer to your question is yes.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I did the Lund Tune in my 2016 and loved it. The biggest thing I liked was it took the "lag" out of the bottom end.

When I traded the 16 for the 19R, took the tune out and have not put it in the R yet. Waiting a while longer to mess with it.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Congrats on the new 350R, one of my favorite vehicles on the road today!

We tune a great deal of the Voodoo's and would be happy to help you gain some more power. A hear from a lot of customers that they love how it's helped to improve that low end lag and really wakes the car up like they wanted it to feel from the factory. The most popular combo is our E85 flex fuel tuning and the JLT cold air with our Evenflo 160 thermostats. But you can always start out with just a tune or tune and cold air as well. We also offer lifetime tuning free of charge, so if you add a cold air or headers down the road for example it would just be an email away to get the new tunes at no charge.

Here's a video showing the 93 tune and E85 flex tuning compared to stock. This car picked up over 44 wheel HP over stock which is always impressive on a N/A platform. Feel free to give us a shout if you'd like to discuss things a bit further and we would be happy to help out. 313-561-5500 ext 1 and my name is Anthony.

Lilmags500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 19 F350 20 Fusion Ti 19 Escape Ti
I work for a Ford dealership , you tune a Voodoo and your warranty is done , NO Exceptions . Ford is very strict on the Voodoo engines
due to the massive cost of a replacement , Ford does not fix these motors , if its warranty , you get a new one . I have seen grown men
cry in the service area when they find out its $23,000.00 for a new Voodoo installed . Even if you remove your tune , it shows up
like florescent paint when they scan it . This is no joke , BEWARE .

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I have seen grown men
cry in the service area when they find out its $23,000.00 for a new Voodoo installed . Even if you remove your tune , it shows up
like florescent paint when they scan it . This is no joke , BEWARE .
:cwl::cwl::cwl:
Sponsored