Sponsored

How Many Interested in a Track day in Georgia?

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
I have been waiting to post this for some update/movement on my R build schedule. Alas, another depressing Thursday with no moment from unscheduled material hold". :doh: So here goes (let the mayhem ensue.......) :headbang:

How many folks might be interested in getting together in Dawsonville GA (under 1 hour north of ATL) at Atlanta Motorsports Park for a track day (after I get my car and after cold winter but before summer heat peak)?

I can't wait to track my R, but would also love to meet as many of you and your cars as possible. How many GT350s can we get in a photo? Could it be a Guinness record (more of these cars in one place than ever before, other than factory)? :ford:

If interest is small (low numbers), I can host each of you for $250 for a day at AMP during a member day (can be weekdays or weekend days).

If interest is large, we may need to consider renting the track for the day. This will cost more (than $250 each), but will accommodate a larger crowd and probably yield more actual track time.

EDIT: Pls indicate your preference for weekday or weekend event.

Feel free to post or PM me. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I'd be interested... in fact I have 2-3 buddies locally that is up for a track-related road trip to GA as well. AMP sounds good. :thumbsup:

We're already talking about hitting Road Atlanta this June for example. And maybe even Roebling Road in late May.

Rusmarti

rusmarti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Ruby Red, Blk Roof, no stripes
That would be great, count me in.

rbfowler79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Magnetic
Yes indeed! What are the requirements? My build date is 02/22 so I'm hoping for around mid-March. I want to take a HPDE course since this will be my first real track car.

Sponsored

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
Check out the Atlanta S550s club. Although most of us drive 5.0s we still all drive the 6th Gen mustang.

Collectively we're 300 strong and growing but even in those numbers we head out to do track days, tail of the dragon runs etc.

Just a few months ago we had Talladega speedway over in AL booked up for just us mustangs.

Good group of guys and gals.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'd bet the S550 group is planning something like this already...

If I don't have my S550 by then, hell... I'll do it in a Chevy Volt for all I care. You'll be surprised... :)

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
I'm in!

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Definitely interested. If I don't have my R by the date I'll just take my B302.

Sponsored

tonio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I'm a regular at AMP now.. (pictures here were taken there on a track day in Dec) so I'm in.
IMG_0193.jpg
IMG_0194.jpg

OP
OP

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Excellent !!

Its great to see interest in driving these cars like they were intended.

I am so excited at the prospect of putting this together and getting to meet you all. We have some time, as the more we get, the better the financials will be for everyone.

Then comes the scheduling nightmare. :eyebulge:

Pls also comment on your preference of weekday or weekend event. I assume weekends are better for most, but am open to all the possibilities. :D

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Its great to see interest in driving these cars like they were intended.

I am so excited at the prospect of putting this together and getting to meet you all. We have some time, as the more we get, the better the financials will be for everyone.

Then comes the scheduling nightmare. :eyebulge:

Pls also comment on your preference of weekday or weekend event. I assume weekends are better for most, but am open to all the possibilities. :D
My vote is weekend please. And if feasible, and especially if you have a lot of participants, how about a 2-day event like Sat-Sun? Or Fri-Sat even?

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
I'm fairly flexible. Weekday might would work better for me really but depending on the weekend I can make that work too.