Jaxj50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt vert pp
Brand new 2019 vert.
Intelligent access for the passenger door only works some of the time. The door is supposed to unlock when you pull on the handle.
I took the car to the dealership and their first reaction was to say Intelligent Access isn’t supposed to work on the passenger door. Just then I grabbed the passenger handle and it unlocked. Unfortunately for me when I got to the dealership it worked fine and worked for 2 days afterwards.
Now it’s not working again.
Is there any chance the Intelligent Access “sleeps” on the passenger side if the car isn’t driven for a couple of days? The driver side always works.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Are you sure you're swiping the appropriate area of the handle?

LeagueRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That Guy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Magnetic Metal
Might have a look at the antenna for the system which I believe is in the door and part of the handle. I have heard of these going bad and people replacing them so maybe that is what is going on.

I would look at this thread as well:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/keyless-entry-stop-working-help.114798/

if the driver side works no problem then the issue obviously is either the pass handle or something between the handle and the module.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Technically, it's not even pulling the handle, it's just touching the inner black plastic area.

The keyfob position is a bit touchy, sometimes we come out from the gym and my keys are in a bag, I'll stick it in the back seat (top down obv. ) and have to pull it back out, wave it around. to get the door to unlock.

Sponsored

LeagueRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That Guy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Magnetic Metal
see mine is super sensitive. No matter where I touch on the inside of the handle or how much skin gets on there it unlocks. Maybe the proximity sensor or something.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
I have the opposite issue. Trying to get mine to lock by swiping the top of the handle is a pain in the ass. It always unlocks on both sides without issue though.

OP
OP
Jaxj50

Jaxj50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt vert pp
I started the car and let it run for a few minutes. Passenger door intelligent access started working again. Based on past experience, it will now work for a couple of days if I don’t drive the car.
Is there any chance this is a battery saver mode? Maybe a bad 12v battery? (It’s showing 14v on the dash) Fobs are brand new.

OP
OP
Jaxj50

Jaxj50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt vert pp
Update
Intelligent access on passenger door only worked for 1 day. Hooked up the battery tender. Will fully charge the battery and see what happens.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Same key fob each time?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jaxj50

Jaxj50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt vert pp
Always using the same fob.
Update:
I left the battery tender on overnight. The light on it turned green which indicates a full charge. Intelligent Access still didn’t work. Started the car and let it run for 5 minutes. Intelligent Access now working. Either the Intelligent Access on the passenger door “sleeps” after the car is not started for a few days, or there is a malfunction that the dealership is unable to diagnose.

OP
OP
Jaxj50

Jaxj50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt vert pp
Now dealing with Ford Customer care and the service manager. They “are looking into it.”
Frustrating because if I drive it to the dealership it will work by the time I get there. Would need to leave it there a few days and they would have to diagnose the car in place after sitting there for a day or 2.

OP
OP
Jaxj50

Jaxj50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt vert pp
New door handle ordered. Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
Jaxj50

Jaxj50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt vert pp
New door handle arrived in primer and has to be painted to match. Car still not ready.

OP
OP
Jaxj50

Jaxj50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt vert pp
New handle painted and installed. They kept car fo 9 days. After less than 48 hours at home it stopped working.
Sponsored