Sponsored

Intelligent Access woes

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
When grabbing the handle on either side - are you absolutely sure you are not accidentally touching the lock sensor at the same time?

If you touch or come in contact with the lock sensor when trying to pull on the door handle to activate the intelligent access, the system gets confused and won’t unlock...

Reference pages 59 and 60 of your owners manual - which also mentions if the battery is low that too will cause an intelligent access issue.

Also make sure that the key fob is not near your cell phone or metal that could mess with the transmitting frequency.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jaxj50

Jaxj50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt vert pp
Since the new handle was no better than the old one, and the new one was not painted the right shade, I made the dealership put the old one back on.
Now I need to find a new dealership where they will properly diagnose the problem. I can only imagine there is a damaged wire or connector inside the door.

OP
OP
Jaxj50

Jaxj50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt vert pp
Going to a different dealership next week

OP
OP
Jaxj50

Jaxj50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt vert pp
New dealership ordered another new door handle. Not sure what this will accomplish.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jaxj50

Jaxj50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt vert pp
New door handle did not fix anything. They finally replaced the BCM and it worked for 2 days then stopped working.

OrangeFury1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
New door handle did not fix anything. They finally replaced the BCM and it worked for 2 days then stopped working.
Were you able to figure out the issue? My car has been sitting for several days as well. Today I went to try to open the passenger door and would not work. First time I’ve noticed this.

OP
OP
Jaxj50

Jaxj50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt vert pp
Were you able to figure out the issue? My car has been sitting for several days as well. Today I went to try to open the passenger door and would not work. First time I’ve noticed this.
After many, many visits to the dealership, they declared it to be fixed (again), It works for a full week (great improvement) and then shuts off until the car is driven (literally gone- not just started in place). Then it’s good for another week. I’m not sure if that’s how it’s supposed to work but I’m gonna live with it unless it gets worse again.

OrangeFury1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
After many, many visits to the dealership, they declared it to be fixed (again), It works for a full week (great improvement) and then shuts off until the car is driven (literally gone- not just started in place). Then it’s good for another week. I’m not sure if that’s how it’s supposed to work but I’m gonna live with it unless it gets worse again.
This is very interesting, wonder if that is the case that it’s normal? I’m going to drive the car tomorrow for the first time in a week or so. I’ll start taking mental notes on how it reacts. I know I’ve never had the problem before when driving it and trying to open it up, I cannot recall if I’ve ever tried opening it after it sits for a while.

OP
OP
Jaxj50

Jaxj50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt vert pp
This is very interesting, wonder if that is the case that it’s normal? I’m going to drive the car tomorrow for the first time in a week or so. I’ll start taking mental notes on how it reacts. I know I’ve never had the problem before when driving it and trying to open it up, I cannot recall if I’ve ever tried opening it after it sits for a while.
Please let me know how it works out. Interested to know if my car is working as it was designed.

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Do you check your settings on the center display?
It is possible.to turn off the passenger side in the entry/exit settings.
I had a battery deep discharge and it defaulted back to driver only.

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
Brand new 2019 vert.
Intelligent access for the passenger door only works some of the time. The door is supposed to unlock when you pull on the handle.
I took the car to the dealership and their first reaction was to say Intelligent Access isn’t supposed to work on the passenger door. Just then I grabbed the passenger handle and it unlocked. Unfortunately for me when I got to the dealership it worked fine and worked for 2 days afterwards.
Now it’s not working again.
Is there any chance the Intelligent Access “sleeps” on the passenger side if the car isn’t driven for a couple of days? The driver side always works.

it actually should unlock when you touch the back side of the handle, even on the passenger side. After i installed a blackvue camera, i noticed mine wasnt working on the passenger side. I had the power box set to cut off at 11.5v. This would also often cause the car systems to go into a battery saving mode. When i set that box back to 12v, and after driving enough for the battery to catch back up, the passenger handle started behaving correctly again. I thought you might have been on the right track when you were looking at the battery. But if it still happened while on a battery tender, maybe it just has a timeout in the software? Something like a first stage power saving? If you turn on/off accessory mode without cranking for several days in a row, does it still stop?

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
so is that saying that after replacing battery, harness, and as-built reset that the problem is fixed?

OP
OP
Jaxj50

Jaxj50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt vert pp
so is that saying that after replacing battery, harness, and as-built reset that the problem is fixed?
I brought the car to 2 different dealers. They replaced the bcm and the door handle 2x. They supposedly traced through all the door wiring and reset a bunch of stuff before. The photos show the last 2 visits.
The door handle works for 7 days if the car is not driven anywhere. If I drive it once a week It will always work.
Sponsored